The Future

I hope that everyone is a vegan by the year 2050, if not sooner.

This would be plausible and a good idea if no other animals ate other animals but they do and that's how the world works.

With all of the environmental stuff going on right now, my vision of the future isn't too bright; I think we'll still be here in 100 years, but there'll probably a big change in how we live due to extinction, deforestation, and pollution.

I honestly hate thinking about the future. Things were a lot better before technology started evolving..but considering drones are starting to become a thing now, we're not that far from those fancy technology gadgets that we fantasize over..like as you said, flying cars, robot assistants for hospitals, talking computers..etc. Despite the fact that the "extreme" inventions probably won't even be considered an official thing for another 1,000 or 5,000 years, but it'll happen eventually. Considering we're constantly taking from the earth to make these things and experiment with inventions, we'll eventually have nothing at all to take from. As I mentioned, it'll probably be hundreds or thousands of years until that actually becomes an issue for us..but yeah

Last edited:
Humans have only been here for less then 1% of Earth's existance. Saying that, I think it's still possible for human extinction, even with how advanced we are now. I'm hoping it happens within the next few hundred years, so the remaining species can take back the planet, and within another several million years, all signs of our existance will be goe, and nature will start coming back. Either that or the humans who care more about money than other species and nature's existance change their ways...

Humans have only been here for less then 1% of Earth's existance. Saying that, I think it's still possible for human extinction, even with how advanced we are now. I'm hoping it happens within the next few hundred years, so the remaining species can take back the planet, and within another several million years, all signs of our existance will be goe, and nature will start coming back. Either that or the humans who care more about money than other species and nature's existance change their ways...

If humans became extinct there's a high chance that whatever caused us to go extinct will also wipe out other species as well.

As well as that, saying that nature could start doing its thing again...Well, aren't humans just doing that as well? Building structures, fighting over territory or killing other animals are things that exist throughout the animal kingdom. I don't see why humans are so bad just because we're able to use our intelligence and physical capability to do it better than other animals.

Even our negative traits or things that would class us as 'evil'. Well, right and wrong are man made concepts that don't really exist outside of ourselves. Things humans do like murder, steal, rape or fight still happen in the animal kingdom. Dolphins are proven to rape and murder 'just because', as well as other primates having full scale wars over territory or murdering other primates as a 'warning' or 'for fun'.

Not that I'm saying humans aren't bad, I'm just wondering what the difference is exactly and why we're the ones who should go extinct simply because we're more capable of doing things that other species might also do if given the chance.

Last edited:
I really don't think that being vegan is something that should be enforced by world leaders.

If you make it illegal to eat animals, the only thing you're going to have is a huge increase in prison population which at the end of the day, even if we're in a state where we don't need to eat animals, it's something we were 'built' to do and many people will defend defend their right to do it.

Please don't get me wrong - I said urging, not enforcing! I don't think there's anything wrong with encouraging a diet that is compassionate, healthy and undeniably the best for our environment. Nevertheless I don't wish to contaminate this board with an argument so I'll happy leave it here - just wanted to clear up I definitely did not mean eating meat should become illegal!

I can't go into too much detail but I can say this. In the next 5 years humans will begin to develop internal and external mutations. No not some X-men super mutant hero bs. I'm talking about logical DNA mutations that will fit the right kind of body structure

Last edited:
Something about global warming, melting ice, and lots of flooding

But before all that happens, we will probably have some cool technology

- - - Post Merge - - -

(Oh, and our sun is middle aged right now, so eventually it will die and all life will pretty much freeze to death in about 40-ish seconds after)

It takes seven minutes for the sun's light to reach the Earth, and considering the sun will get larger before it dies, we'll all burn to death. But not for another billion years, or so.

I can see it now... Chrome! Chrome everywhere!

tumblr_mocifbAP751s0hia6o1_250.gif

It'll just be like the transition from 2005 to 2015. Nothing much other than that technology became much better.

George Orwell. Nineteen Eighty-Four. Oh yeah, that already happened.

I know this may sound like a touchy subject, but religion is also fading. Right now, the ratio from religious to non-religious in Europe is evening out (becoming 1:1). Sooner or later, the non-religious population will exceed those who believe in any religion. By the end of the century, religion would completely (or almost completely) fade away from Europe. Yes, this is a future prediction.

America is not any different when I mention the dwindling religious population in the future. It will be going down too, but not as fast as Europe.

Even if we attempt to prevent this (I don't think we can), the Bible (I think) has foretold something like this, and it doesn't have to be 300 years or less. I'm not sure what the difference between the Biblical prediction and the demographic prediction of this.

Last edited:
Even if we attempt to prevent this (I don't think we can), the Bible (I think) has foretold something like this, and it doesn't have to be 300 years or less. I'm not sure what the difference between the Biblical prediction and the demographic prediction of this.

But do we really want to prevent it?

My distaste for religion as a concept aside, if religion went away then so would a hell of a lot of other significant issues.

The bible also 'predicts' everything. It's written in such a way that it can 'predict' pretty much anything you want it to, yet not actually predict anything. The same thing as 'spiritual mediums' use to contact the dead. Yano, where they ask a bunch of really vague questions that could mean almost anything and let you fill in the blanks for them.

//NVM, this was an ignorant post

Last edited:
that's kind of interesting because religion (and the arguments surrounding it) shaped most of european history, so I wonder what an age of non-religion will be like. What would people get into squabbles over then??

whatever people have been fighting about for the past 600 years b/c that's technically the last time of religious warfare

Back