• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Smash Bros TBT’s Official Smash Wii U Going Away Tourneyyyy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midoriya

Go beyond! Plus ultra!
Bells
Switch
1119-7626-0996
Island
Sumeru
Purple Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
White Rose
White Rose
White Rose
White Rose
White Rose
TBT’s OFFICIAL SUPER SMASH BROS. Wii U GOING AWAY...

TOURNAMENT!!!

“Alright, alright. The party is not over yet though, now is it?”

With E3 behind us and no Animal Crossing Switch announced, but with SUPER SMASH BROS. ULTIMATE releasing on December 7th for the Nintendo Switch, I thought it would be nice for the site if we had one last bang of a tournament this summer for Smash for the Wii U, before Smash Switch arrives this Holiday season.

The rules are simple (and similar to what they were in the past with a couple minor changes)!

TBT’s Official Smash Wii U Going Away Tournament is a single elimination tournament made up of 16 participants who will battle it out to decide TBT Smash 4th gen’s best Sm4sher! Each person must register beforehand with three characters that they can use ONE of in any set match throughout the tournament, in order to advance to the next round. The rules on the matches will be three stocks per side per match, three set characters (which you cannot deviate from, so make them your best!), no customs, and no items. Any stage is fine, even random!

The first place TBT Sm4sher will win the combined prize pot of bells, which will be 1,600 since every PARTICIPANT who joins MUST contribute not less than 100 bells to the prize pot. OBSERVERS are allowed, but they cannot participate in the matches, but they CAN contribute to the prize pot if they want to (we’re also looking for a skilled artist to do a banner for us if possible please. One with all the Sm4sh characters waving and the words “See you in Smash 5!”). The second and third place participants will receive collectibles that, while they do not have the value of 1,600 TBT, do inspire everyone to try and obtain them. 4th place and down will receive NADA.

MapleSilver and I will be hosting this tournament for the general TBT community in 2018, any anyone and everyone is allowed to participate (up until we get 16 participants). Once Sm5sh Switch is announced, I imagine Trundle or whoever is approved to host those tournaments will host them.

So go ahead and sign up! Get ready to prepare for the last big Sm4sh Tournament of TBT, because the tournament will NOT start until July with a release date to be announced soon. As Bowser says at times, the more, the merrier!

Participants:

1. Spike Spiegel
2. MapleSilver
Etc.

Last edited:
I got the game today, so I might sign up... hmmm, I will think about it!

Yeah.... no, this is cancelled. Sorry about that, lmao. We were looking to get this going in July, or even early this month, but now that school’s starting back up again soon, there’s no time. Thanks for the interest though! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back