Bells
Kirby Easter Egg
Famous Mushroom
The Bell Tree Fair 2016 Patch
Silver Trophy (Second Place)
Tasty Cake
う
Red Cosmos
If you are interested in being a coach, please let me know. The only extra information coaches will have is access to Observer chat. Coaches can only guide players, and may not offer them their own reads.

HeMTvYM.png

TBT Nub Mafia V: A Mole in the Circus
Tina is co-hosting this game with me. Any questions can be directed to her or myself.

asdf
Introduction:

1972 - London, England. There is a high ranking Soviet mole, right at the heart of the British Secret Intelligence Service ("the Circus"). Aware of this, Undersecretary Oliver Lacon, the Civil Servant in charge of overseeing the intelligence services enlists retired Circus officer George Smiley to investigate. He must recruit a small number of trusted Circus officers to investigate, without the knowledge of the rest of the Circus apparatus.

It is discovered that the seemingly high-grade Soviet intelligence coming in is mere chicken feed, fed by the KGB's Moscow Centre to mislead the Circus leadership. At the same time, the crown jewels of both British and American intelligence are being passed back to Moscow Centre by the mole. The mastermind behind this is clear - who else but Karla, the enigmatic KGB spymaster. But for now, Karla is out of reach, and with the Cousins aka the American CIA demanding answers, the mole must be caught before the counterattack can begin.

Mafia is a game of the uninformed majority versus the informed minority. To elaborate, the game is divided into two teams: the Town and the Mafia. Mafia know who each other are, and can coordinate their actions privately. Town players on the other hand don't know anything other than their own role. To compensate, there are many more Town than Mafia. The objective of the game is for Town to eliminate by killing or lynching all the Mafia before it is too late. The game is divided into repeating phases of Day and Night. Day revolves around voting for a player to be lynched. Night is reserved for the Mafia to make their kills and certain players to use their special abilities.

Be warned - Mafia requires a time commitment. This generally depends on the player, but at minimum 30 minutes a day of solid effort is required. As part of the time commitment, Mafia requires a great deal of reading. Most people are actually quite poor at reading comprehension and playing Mafia is a great way to improve your reading ability, as well as your writing and ability to think and argue logically.

A long and general guide to Mafia

The coaches for town are:
The coaches for scum are:

Setup Information
This game uses a variable semi-open setup based on a modified Matrix6 system.
ABC
1JailkeeperVanilla TownieMafia Goon
2Mafia RoleblockerCopDoctor
3VeteranMafia GoonTracker
The setup is determined by randomly choosing a row or column from the above table. Those three roles, plus 6 Vanilla Townies and a Mafia Goon will make up the final 8-town 2-mafia setup. You will have to work out which setup was chosen.
For your benefit, the six possible setups are below:
(A) Mafia Roleblocker, Goon, Jailkeeper, Veteran, 6 Vanilla Townies.
(B) 2 Goons, Cop, 7 Vanilla Townies
(C) 2 Goons, Doctor, Tracker, 6 Vanilla Townies
(1) 2 Goons, Jailkeeper, 7 Vanilla Townies
(2) Mafia Roleblocker, Goon, Cop, Doctor, 6 Vanilla Townies
(3) 2 Goons, Veteran, Tracker, 6 Vanilla Townies

The Circus

Circus Analyst (Vanilla Townie)
You are an analyst for the Circus, pressed into the secret hunt for the mole. You work a desk job that involves sifting through files and compiling reports. You have only your voice and your vote.

Wrangler (Cop)
You are a signals analyst and cryptographer, intercepting radio transmissions is your job. Every night you can inspect a player to see if they are aligned with the Circus or the Centre.

Babysitter (Doctor)
You are a Circus bodyguard and every night you may protect a player from death. You can protect the same player two nights in a row, but you cannot protect yourself. You and your target will not be informed of the protection or any successful saves.

Inquisitor (Jailkeeper)
You are a Circus interrogator, whose job it is to debrief other Circus officers and defectors. Every night you can detain a player at Sarratt, protecting them from any attacks but also preventing them from carrying out any actions that night. All players will be informed that they were roleblocked, regardless of if they have an action. There is no difference in notification for an Inquisitor roleblock or Bill Haydon's roleblock. Bill Haydon's roleblock will resolve before an Inquisitor roleblock.

Lamplighter (Tracker)
You are part of the Circus surveillance department. Every night you can follow a target and find out who they visited that night. You will not know what actions they performed. If your target is roleblocked, they will not go anywhere.

Scalphunter (Veteran)
A member of the Scalphunters, you deal in assassination, burglary, blackmail and kidnap. While those skills are not needed now, you are still tough and adept at survival. You can survive one kill attempt on you. This ability is passive and cannot be roleblocked. You will be informed if you lose your extra life. A Babysitter and Inquisitor protection will be used up instead of your extra life.

Moscow Centre

KGB Rezident (Mafia Goon)
You are a KGB agent operating under a legend in London. Although your cover is elaborately woven, it will never be watertight. Centre offers you little help, so you must make do with your voice and your vote to spread disinformation.

Bill Haydon (Mafia Roleblocker)
The second highest ranking Circus officer. Is a Soviet mole. You were turned and recruited by Karla several decades ago. Nobody will ever know why you betrayed Queen and Country. Your position in the Circus allows you to impede the actions of your unsuspecting colleagues. Every night you can roleblock a player, preventing them from carrying out any actions. They will know that they were roleblocked, even if they do not have an action.

Game Setup Notes:
Mafia team have 1 KP throughout the game. A player must be nominated to deliver each kill. The Roleblocker can kill AND roleblock on the same night. Mafia MUST kill, but may self-target their KP.

Failure to submit actions:
If the Mafia team fail to submit a kill, I will RNG their target amongst remaining town players.
If the Mafia team fail to nominate who will deliver the kill, I will RNG who is delivering the kill.
In both of the above cases, there will be a notification in the day post that the kill/killer was randomly selected.
If a power role does not submit their action, no action will occur.

Please PM actions to both myself and Tina.

Circus win condition: Eliminate all Moscow Centre agents.
Moscow Centre win condition: Equal or outnumber the Circus.

Game Setup Rules:

PMs
PMs and other out-of-thread communication are NOT allowed UNLESS you are explicitly told otherwise.

Activity:
You must vote every day you are alive, and must post at least once every full day/night cycle.

Wisdom of the Crowds
No.

Replacements
This game uses replacements. Replacements will be made up until the end of Day 2.

Time Cycle:
This game follows a 48/24 hour cycle. Day will last 48 hours, and night will run for the full 24 hours. The deadlines will always be 11PM GMT+1.

Smurfs:
Smurfs and Hydras are not allowed.

Encryption:
Don't do it.

Rules:

Cheating:
Cheating includes (but is not limited to):
1. Posting after death. You may have one polite goodbye post, but it may not contain any potentially game-changing information.
2. Ruining the game by doing something like handing out your mafia's member list to the town.
3. Logging on to someone else's account to get their role or looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.
4. Comparing role PM timings to try and work out roles.
5. Posting or sharing any PM you receive from a host without permission.
6. Getting yourself modkilled to help your team. Your non-majority-decided death may not be used as a bargaining chip.
7. Signing up more than once using smurf accounts.
8. Offering favours/items/bells outside of the game for a ingame information.
9. Sharing accounts with other players.
10. Breadcrumbing the specific phrasing of your role PM. Do not compare the phrasing in your role PM to prove your alignment. You can claim the abilities you have, but you can't use the specific phrasing of your role PM.
11. Posting a false PM phrased as if you received it from the host. You can still fake roleclaim, but you cannot make it look like you are posting a PM you received from the host.
YOU MAY ONLY COPY AND PASTE TEXT FOR USE AS EVIDENCE. POSTING SCREENSHOTS OR ANY OTHER NON-TEXT EVIDENCE IS CONSIDERED CHEATING. THE ONLY EXCEPTION IS EVIDENCE THAT IS PUBLICLY AVAILABLE FOR ALL PLAYERS TO CHECK (eg. post counts in a thread). IT IS BEST IF YOU CHECK WITH ME FIRST.

Cheating is not tolerated here as it ruins the game for everyone. The mods and admins here CAN take action.

Mod Font:
This is the mod colour. It is reserved for the host. Please do not use it.

Question Font:
This is the question colour. Use it to ask the host questions about the rules in public. You can also PM me.

Spam:
Strategic spam is acceptable, within reason. Don't be a tool about it. Mafia is also not a ****ing roleplay.

Editing:
Editing is not allowed for any reason. Editing may result in a warning, or I may just straight up modkill you. While I ask for everybody to post as concisely as possible, post again if you have to edit anything. The board software automatically merges the posts anyway.

Inappropriate posts:
Mafia games can get heated and emotional. Please keep it civil and remember that what happens in Mafia stays in Mafia. Don't let things spill over to the rest of the forum, it's just a game. If you are unhappy with a player's posts, PM me first. Only if you are dissatisfied with the outcome should you involve the TBT staff.

Observers' Chat:
While spectators will be fuelling speculation, and dead players will be keen to give valuable "insight" into the game, please refrain from revealing game-changing information (eg. the identities of your fellow Mafia). Speculate, theorise and express bewilderment at dumb plays all you want, but remember that the chat is not leakproof and game-ruining information CAN get out.

Play to win.
You should try your best to help your team win while you are alive and in the game. Clearly not playing towards your win objective will be grounds for a modkill and personal ban from me. However, this does not mean that you should try to win by being a jerk to the other players so they all want to quit playing.

This also means that you cannot leave the game without a good reason. These situations will be dealt with on a case by case basis. PM the host if you need to leave the game.

You have been warned.

Banlist:

This game uses the official TBT banlist.

Voting rules:

1. This game uses Plurality Lynch. At the end of the day, the player with the most votes will be killed. If there is a tie, the first player to have reached that number will be lynched.
2. You must vote.
3. Voting is done in another thread.
4. Please vote in the following format: ##Vote: Username. Votes not done in the correct fashion may not be counted.
5. If you want to change your vote, first type ##Unvote followed by your new vote ##Vote: Username. You can change your vote at any time and as much as you like (within reason) up until a majority is reached.
6. No conditional voting.
7. You may vote for yourself. You may not vote for anyone dead or outside the game.
8. You may ##Vote: No Lynch.

If you have not read all the rules, go back and do so. I will not compensate for ignorance!

Playerlist (with filters):
This game is open to anyone who has played 2 or fewer games of any official TBT Mafia (main, mini and nub). If you have played more than that but still think you really need coaching, then post and we will consider your request.
  1. ryan88
  2. sharkystriker22
  3. jasa11
  4. Danielkang2
  5. Sholee
  6. itsLJ
  7. Cadbberry
  8. Ahri
  9. Sparkanine
  10. SteveyTaco

Players remaining: ? / 10

Mafia remaining: ? / 2

Nyx81

Last edited:
Been to afraid to join any game in the past, but what the heck.
In Please!

I've played mafia before with my friends but never did it through forums,
it'll be interesting to see how it works
(must remember to read the OP when i get back from work :D)

Last edited:
Back