• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Mafia TBT Newbie Mafia: Steven Universe Mafia [END - Town + Shiida Win!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
First and foremost, if you read all of my posts thoroughly you would know that I was really against no lynch. I did state in post #215 that my vote would go to Esphas if no better candidate come up. Even though I was town leaning Esphas, and was more suspicious of Xerolin, #no lynch would happen if I voted for her instead. Not to mention, my 'evidence' against Xerolin wasn't strong enough for me to start a lynch on her. And there was also still a sliver of doubt in me that Esphas could be using a safe claim just like what Cadberry did in AoT. I was holding off voting until the very last minute (Post #273) to see if we could agree on a better candidate but it wasn't happening and I'd much rather mislynch than not lynching. It might seem like a stupid reason but I stand by it. I don't have another 48 hours to waste to be honest. Yes I admit I'm guilty of sacrificing him and precisely because of that, my reaction to him flipping town was not an overreaction at all. I was feeling really bad about it.

You see, if some of the players had contributed more to the thread during the 48 hours, we could have more to work with. Think of it this way: If we had no lynch, we'd probably have to wait another 48 hours with the same 6-7 people posting again. There wouldn't be much progress, sadly. Right now it looks like some of the players came on in the last few hours to vote (for a no lynch) and then disappeared right after. Might I add 3 didn't vote at all. I was paranoid that nothing would change on D2 with no lynch. At least looking at the Esphas lynch bandwagon can give us something to work with. I like progress and this is progress.

Also, I know you had a legit reason for not posting, but some were avoiding this thread while posting in others.

whereas i fully agree with trying to ramp up the activity on the thread because it was quiet, i still find it confusing that you weren't reading esphas as sus initially but then voted to lynch him anyway - but that's probably just because i don't see eye-to-eye with you on the topic of no lynch (mostly on the basis that i would prefer to vote no lynch than vote to lynch for the sake of lynching somebody.) however i'm much less suspicious of your reaction to the mislynch now that i've heard your reasoning.

Morning! <: I need to type this up fast since I have work soon LOL But I don't think I'll be able to reply much at all once I'm at work xD Normally I have my lunch break at 12pm or 12:30pm rip ahaha, but anyways, in the bolded part that I bolded up above, I wasn't eager to pin a suspicion on anyone, I was more eager to get the thread started and going since the thread wasn't moving at all. The only person who actually tried to really get the thread going was shiida (and thanks to Esphas, we were able to move the thread along between my questioning and Esphas's) I asked a lot of question to gather more information judging by their responses and it's something we can use in the long run when we need to look back. As for my reaction, I don't think it's an overreaction at all for my part. xD I mean if you gathered a case on someone and you are set to lynch them because of your suspicions of them and they turned out town, yeah, I'll feel like **** and want to crawl into a hole and hide LOL As I've told others, this mindset isn't bad to have since mafia members are trying to blend in as town. Though I want you to keep in mind that if I wasn't being active, the thread wouldn't have moved much at all and we would have had a lot less information to work with :')

obviously this is pretty irrelevant now since you were killed by mafia (!!!!! and since you flipped town we're going to miss your contributions to the discussion eek) i feel pretty bad since i scumleaned you but i can't feel too bad because your death isn't down to lynch/could not be controlled by town but ): you're very good at pursuing leads and getting reads of people so you played a good game even though it unfortunately got cut short!

When someone scumleans all your townleans &#55357;&#56384;

that's what's fun and complicated about mafia - if everybody had the same suspicions as everybody else, it wouldn't be as fun and would be too easy!

but hey, we're one mafia member down! obviously since i'm not overly familiar with all the roles yet i don't know whether it was a vig or whatever but only losing one person to mafia and killing a mafia member on the first night is a pretty good position to be in i think. it's past 11 here now (ended up staying out later than expected lmao) but i'll finish my reads for everybody in the morning!

Sorry, I was gone for 5 hours!

I'll watch this thread some more and put a list together sometime

i'm going to finish my reads since i necked so many caffeinated drinks today i cannot sleep atall x:

tui - that is me!!

Lucanosa - i have no real reads currently on lucanosa, though they're not raising any suspicious flags they currently haven't posted too much, so i'm sticking with a null read for now

Cass123 - very chilled and seems to be very interested and in learning more about the game which is implying towards them being a member of town due to their overall openess (doesn't seem to be concealing or holding back any questions/thoughts/info if that makes sense) so i'm feeling a town lean towards them.

Rosetti - i found her answer to the panic question in the RQs to be a bit off (another member has already pointed this out i'm pretty sure) but her posts seem to follow her train of thought rather than being nitpicked and precise like somebody who was deliberately trying to come across as town/hide something. indecisive surrounding the N1 lynch but i think that's down to her just trying to learn the ropes of the game like a lot of us here but since she hasn't made a great deal of posts yet i'm inclined to keep a null read at the moment.

Shiida - confusing as hell but most of their posts were hinting at a third party role and then they soft-claimed third party anyway so i can't really argue with that. their posts are kind of mysterious but that seems to be their meta plus general posting style over the whole of the forum so it didn't particularly stand out to me. so third-party lean which is no big deal since third-party can win with either town or mafia but i'll continue to watch on to see if i still stick with this lean or whether their behavior changes enough to make me lean otherwise

Qwerty111 - hasn't made a great deal of posts but comes across very standoffish/defensive in their first few posts which seems suspicious to me and implies that they have something to hide. however their last couple of posts are different and they appear to be picking up very small details and questioning them which appears to me to be an effort that a scum player might not go to in order to appear town. however i don't feel like i can come to a conclusion i'm happy with until they post a bit more, so null read for now

Mogyay - seems to be good at investigating and questioning to me and is questioning a large pool of people rather than gunning for one person to make a slip. feeling a town lean.

I HOPE some discussion gets going whilst i'm awake and not busy and looking for something to focus my mind on haha

HEY GUYS!!! This is my goodbye post :') It was definitely fun playing with you all and I'm rooting for town to win!!! GREAT JOB ON SNIPING A MAFIA MEMBER ON THE FIRST NIGHT!!! YOU GO TOWN! <3 @Rosetti I'm sorry for using he instead of she! I thought you were a guy due to your username :') Hope you'll forgive me! <3

All I regret is that I wished I didn't have work today so I could have contributed as much as I could before I died :') But anyways, good luck you guys and have fun! <3

HEY GUYS!!! This is my goodbye post :') It was definitely fun playing with you all and I'm rooting for town to win!!! GREAT JOB ON SNIPING A MAFIA MEMBER ON THE FIRST NIGHT!!! YOU GO TOWN! <3 @Rosetti I'm sorry for using he instead of she! I thought you were a guy due to your username :') Hope you'll forgive me! <3

All I regret is that I wished I didn't have work today so I could have contributed as much as I could before I died :') But anyways, good luck you guys and have fun! <3
Sorry to see you go thanks for contributing so much. RIP Lars.

- - - Post Merge - - -

i'm going to finish my reads since i necked so many caffeinated drinks today i cannot sleep atall x:

tui - that is me!!

Lucanosa - i have no real reads currently on lucanosa, though they're not raising any suspicious flags they currently haven't posted too much, so i'm sticking with a null read for now

Cass123 - very chilled and seems to be very interested and in learning more about the game which is implying towards them being a member of town due to their overall openess (doesn't seem to be concealing or holding back any questions/thoughts/info if that makes sense) so i'm feeling a town lean towards them.

Rosetti - i found her answer to the panic question in the RQs to be a bit off (another member has already pointed this out i'm pretty sure) but her posts seem to follow her train of thought rather than being nitpicked and precise like somebody who was deliberately trying to come across as town/hide something. indecisive surrounding the N1 lynch but i think that's down to her just trying to learn the ropes of the game like a lot of us here but since she hasn't made a great deal of posts yet i'm inclined to keep a null read at the moment.

Shiida - confusing as hell but most of their posts were hinting at a third party role and then they soft-claimed third party anyway so i can't really argue with that. their posts are kind of mysterious but that seems to be their meta plus general posting style over the whole of the forum so it didn't particularly stand out to me. so third-party lean which is no big deal since third-party can win with either town or mafia but i'll continue to watch on to see if i still stick with this lean or whether their behavior changes enough to make me lean otherwise

Qwerty111 - hasn't made a great deal of posts but comes across very standoffish/defensive in their first few posts which seems suspicious to me and implies that they have something to hide. however their last couple of posts are different and they appear to be picking up very small details and questioning them which appears to me to be an effort that a scum player might not go to in order to appear town. however i don't feel like i can come to a conclusion i'm happy with until they post a bit more, so null read for now

Mogyay - seems to be good at investigating and questioning to me and is questioning a large pool of people rather than gunning for one person to make a slip. feeling a town lean.

I HOPE some discussion gets going whilst i'm awake and not busy and looking for something to focus my mind on haha

Its good to see some new reads. I'm terrible at this still. Do you have reads on anyone else? Right now I'm most suspicious of Moonbrink being mafia. What are your thoughts on him? I have a read up on him earlier in the thread if you wish to see it. They have not made any arguments against it and still have not answered my questions from a later post.

Its good to see some new reads. I'm terrible at this still. Do you have reads on anyone else? Right now I'm most suspicious of Moonbrink being mafia. What are your thoughts on him? I have a read up on him earlier in the thread if you wish to see it. They have not made any arguments against it and still have not answered my questions from a later post.

my reads for everybody else are here! it's kind of inconvenient that i ended up doing them in two posts ten pages apart but with a small attention span and school i can never do one thing for more than half an hour! as it stands, i cannot come to a conclusion over moonbrink as they haven't really posted enough relating to this game for me to analyse and decide a read for. they're also pretty inactive which doesn't really raise any red flags with me (since i was inactive for nearly the entirety of the first day due to simply not being at my computer atall in that time span) however there was a brief discussion into them being active on the forum but not actively posting here in the time coming up to the D1 lynch which i'd like to hear a reasoning for. so moonbrink, why did you keep away from posting in this thread in the time leading up to the first lynch?

All of my scum leans were red because I'm an idiot. All of my in depth reads don't have a color attached.

I just noticed that you already posted other reads. Sorry about that.

don't worry about it! it's no problem c:

bye miharu! i know i had you read for scum but we all get it wrong sometimes, you just surprised me at how well you were investigating and questioning people to say you hadn't played many games! i hope you plan to play more games in the future and i hope i get to play on the same side as you again cause you're good!

is this like... admitting defeat? are you at least not going to try and defend yourself if you're town? come on, no matter what role you have, you could make this process a little more fun for everybody by contributing and fighting your case a little more

wow you guys sure are chatty
I'll be reading back now.

I'm praying it's not full of ****posting

That's what you get for disappearing for more than 24 hours. Check back often from time to time and it won't be as tiring to catch up.

I'll be reading back and going over everything. My opinions have changed on quite a few people; I'll be posting reads later once I reread some stuff.

24 hours later - still no reads. and now you're going to 'read back' again. seems like an excuse to me.

So looking around at posts unless Moonbrink bused Tardis, which I am not to sure he did, then he placed some sus on him during N1 though considering their attitude it doesn't seem like they don't know how to feel about their own read
HOLY CRAP GUYS sorry I haven't been on just saw that esphas was lynched as a townie. rest in peace esphas. tbh I think kirby is scum, he has been making some great deductions recently and is quite active. maybe he is trying to cover the fact that he is scum? idk guys probably wrong. >.>
I am not sure how to interpret this, they seem so nervous to call Tardis out, I understand that personally, how hard it can be to call someone out, but this attempt to read tardis, the now dead godfather, as scum has me a little lost. As a 1st game busing can be really hard and I dont know if they would do that comfortably hence the possible nervous/unsure sounding attitude. Though this was kinda weird time to say who you are sus of as it was just random with their blurb of omg a townie died which feels forced like they were forced to say such, like being told to bus Tardis by the scum team.

This was just a hodgepodge of sentences and ideas, I hope someone can understand what I meant.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I meant Kirby, its so hard to break the habit of calling Kirby-Tardis

- - - Post Merge - - -

Just seeing this.... honestly try and do something, literally anything to defend your self, giving up with a full 41 hours to go, what kinda attitude is that. Please try and play the game

whereas i fully agree with trying to ramp up the activity on the thread because it was quiet, i still find it confusing that you weren't reading esphas as sus initially but then voted to lynch him anyway - but that's probably just because i don't see eye-to-eye with you on the topic of no lynch (mostly on the basis that i would prefer to vote no lynch than vote to lynch for the sake of lynching somebody.) however i'm much less suspicious of your reaction to the mislynch now that i've heard your reasoning.

I understand. To be honest, I would be confused too if I were you. But as I said, I believed a mislynch would give us more to work with than just a no lynch. I needed some kind of closure. And one of Esphas' bandwagoners flipped scum after all.

QUOTE=Cadbberry;6648464]So looking around at posts unless Moonbrink bused Tardis, which I am not to sure he did, then he placed some sus on him during N1 though considering their attitude it doesn't seem like they don't know how to feel about their own read

I am not sure how to interpret this, they seem so nervous to call Tardis out, I understand that personally, how hard it can be to call someone out, but this attempt to read tardis, the now dead godfather, as scum has me a little lost. As a 1st game busing can be really hard and I dont know if they would do that comfortably hence the possible nervous/unsure sounding attitude. Though this was kinda weird time to say who you are sus of as it was just random with their blurb of omg a townie died which feels forced like they were forced to say such, like being told to bus Tardis by the scum team.

This was just a hodgepodge of sentences and ideas, I hope someone can understand what I meant.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I meant Kirby, its so hard to break the habit of calling Kirby-Tardis

- - - Post Merge - - -

Just seeing this.... honestly try and do something, literally anything to defend your self, giving up with a full 41 hours to go, what kinda attitude is that. Please try and play the game[/QUOTE]
You bring up a good point about Moonbrink's post. Regardless of if he "claims" or not it would take a strong case for me to change my vote against him since he made zero contribution to that point.

I understand. To be honest, I would be confused too if I were you. But as I said, I believed a mislynch would give us more to work with than just a no lynch. I needed some kind of closure. And one of Esphas' bandwagoners flipped scum after all.
I also believe a mislynch would give us more to work with.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Umm apparently the first part is **** let me fix that.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Or you all can figure it out. I missed a parentheses. No point in adding that much text again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back