Mafia TBT Mafia XIII: XCOM: Enemy Within (End Game - Town Wins!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get in the IRC then, lol. I'm pretty sure most talk goes on in IRC. I prefer it because I hate the quoting glitch in PM's and it's easier to talk.

not sure why I never think of that. that'd probably save me from typing out essay posts like I tend to do... -.-
what's the channel again?

-snip-

Plus, there were also some benefits to the plan, like a possible scumkill. I don't think the Jailor plan is really risky, and I'd appreciate it if you, Blu Rose, state the "too many variables" as you said.

Hopefully, something good comes out of the Jailor thing.

Yes, yes, there were benefits to the plan, but think about it. A 25% chance that s/he goes in and kills someone, a 25% chance of him/her joining the team, which s/he can easily patch up with 'Oh, I figured out how the EXALT Medic sanitizes things', a 25% chance of actually finding out how the Medic sanitizes corpses, and a 25% chance of the Rookie dying.

What the heck does sanitizing corpses have to do with anything, anyways?

Okay, say we have eight Rookies.

Rookie 1 - Fairly strong player with lots of experience
Rookie 2 - Fairly strong player with lots of experience
Rookie 3 - Mediocre player, played this game in TBT before
Rookie 4 - Mediocre player, played this game in TBT, but really didn't get it
Rookie 5 - Mediocre player, played this game in camps before, but hasn't really done anything otherwise
Rookie 6 - Inactive
Rookie 7 - Newbie, understands game, but lets emotional bondings control his/her accusations
Rookie 8 - Doesn't even know what the heck s/he is doing, spams thread a lot

If Rookies 1 or 2 are chosen,
they will either die, a hindrance to us,
join the EXALT, a hindrance to us,
learn about sanitizing, something I personally have come to the conclusion that is utterly useless, wasting a lynch, or
kill an EXALT member, which is what we were shooting for, I expect?
25 percent chance of something good happening.

If Rookies 3, 4, or 5 are chosen,
then they die, furthering their goal,
join the EXALT and at least higher KP for them, another hindrance,
learn about sanitizing, utterly useless, or
kill an EXALT member, again what we are shooting for.
25 percent chance of something good happening.

Rookie 6 would probably be the only most likely helpful situation except for maybe Rookie 8.
They go in, get killed, they further their goal and help eliminate a suspect in our eyes.
They join EXALT and then go and get modkilled. That's good.
They learn about sanitizing and waste a lynch.
They kill an EXALT member.
50 percent chance of something good happening.

Rookie 7 gets sent.
Gets killed, accusations based off of emotions (I don't like oath he must be scum) end. That's good, for the moment.
They join EXALT, raising the KP, but end up having a bad excuse for it, so we lynch them anyways. That's a waste of a lynch, which we could have prevented.
They learn about sanitizing, and waste a lynch.
They kill an EXALT player.
25 percent chance of something good happening, 50 if you don't like emotional posts.

Rookie 8 gets sent.
Gets killed, spam cuts down heavily. Good.
Join EXALT, spam continues, we have a lynch candidate, but we wasted two whole days based off of a plan made spur-of-the-moment. Bad.
Learns about sanitizing. Wastes Day 1's lynch. Bad.
Kills an EXALT member. Good.
50 percent chance.

Honestly, I don't send people to their deaths a lot, but when I do, I generally like to be sure that a helpful player won't be sent, and that an inactive is sent. But, we don't choose that, do we? It's all up to a computer generator.

what's the channel again?

#belltree on geekshed. That's how I personally get on on an iPad. (even though that is next to never)

- - - Post Merge - - -

OHMYGOD I just realized what learning about the sanitizing corpses does.

Does it tell the person who killed the person, or what?

Or is that withheld?

Blu Rose: Getting info about a sanitized corpse is basically like: The Sanitizer role steals a corpse that was targeted, and the corpse's role is witheld from the thread. If the Sanitizer guesses a targeted person correctly and the last outcome is chosen, we can still find their alignment. Anyway, I still don't think you described any variables clearly, to me it was more like levels of experience.

Blu Rose aren't all you scenarios like basic knowledge? If you read the role text you can figure out all of those so I don't see why you needed to post all of that lol not to mention you even said this yourself, none of it matters because it's all random chance so i just think you didn't really need to post that but ok

I was referring specifically to the mafia channel on the irc, but thanks Blu. :')
I'm with the others, that seemed like an unnecessary bit for you to type out but if it helps anyone at all understand, then it was worth it.

Can I be added to replacements if I'm already in Obs?

If you have the obs link you won't be able to join the replacements. I know there's not a lot of info in the obs chat at the moment, but once players start dying that could change drastically.

Does it tell the person who killed the person, or what?

Or is that withheld?

That's withheld, only EXALT will know the role of the dead person.

I was referring specifically to the mafia channel on the irc, but thanks Blu. :')
I'm with the others, that seemed like an unnecessary bit for you to type out but if it helps anyone at all understand, then it was worth it.

The mafia IRC channel is used specifically for playing IRC mafia. When Ashtot mentioned joining the IRC, I assume he meant for directly PMing users. This can be done by typing /msg username.

- - - Post Merge - - -

e.g. to PM me, you would type /msg Tinaa type-message-here

The mafia IRC channel is used specifically for playing IRC mafia. When Ashtot mentioned joining the IRC, I assume he meant for directly PMing users. This can be done by typing /msg username.

- - - Post Merge - - -

e.g. to PM me, you would type /msg Tinaa type-message-here

Thanks Tina, I just thought that it also functioned as a sub channel for discussing mafia because we used to not allow mafia in the IRC. It's all good though, I'll stop in for a while later.
(have I really been gone from the IRC that long that everyone forgot I frequented for like two months? :'l )

Blu Rose: Getting info about a sanitized corpse is basically like: The Sanitizer role steals a corpse that was targeted, and the corpse's role is witheld from the thread. If the Sanitizer guesses a targeted person correctly and the last outcome is chosen, we can still find their alignment. Anyway, I still don't think you described any variables clearly, to me it was more like levels of experience.
"If that player dies during the night their role and alignment will not be revealed in the thread and their last will is destroyed."
How would we be able to find out their alignment?

"If that player dies during the night their role and alignment will not be revealed in the thread and their last will is destroyed."
How would we be able to find out their alignment?

Sorry if I didn't made it clear. I was referring to the Central outcomes ; the last outcome in the thread mentions that the Rookie get info about a sanitized corpse, it hints that we find out their role/alignment.

- - - Post Merge - - -

*make it clear

Sorry if I didn't made it clear. I was referring to the Central outcomes ; the last outcome in the thread mentions that the Rookie get info about a sanitized corpse, it hints that we find out their role/alignment.

- - - Post Merge - - -

*make it clear
Oh okay, now I get it. I'm still getting used to this setup LOL

Thanks Tina, I just thought that it also functioned as a sub channel for discussing mafia because we used to not allow mafia in the IRC. It's all good though, I'll stop in for a while later.
(have I really been gone from the IRC that long that everyone forgot I frequented for like two months? :'l )
I haven't forgotten! And #belltreemafia does also double as Mafia discussion when people remember to use it, especially since the bot hasn't been up in a while so why not repurpose the channel when it's not in use?

smiley-bangheadonwall-yellow_zpsf7a0bff6.gif

This was such a stupid plan.

This is a majority lynch game. We had forty-eight hours and you guys hit majority within one hour. Rather than take a share in the responsibility and actually search for scum, you took the "easy route" out which was to pass that responsibility onto a single player without giving them any evidence to work with. An experienced player wouldn't be able to make a proper decision in that amount of time with no evidence to go off of, so what if that role has been saddled on a newbie player? If I were the jailer, I would be pretty fracking angry with you all right now.
How can we be sure there's only one Jailer? I mean, sure it seems unreasonable to have more than one, but it is a possibility. We shouldn't rule anything out here. And what evidence do we ever have on Day One? If we're lucky, someone slips up in a big way or someone's gut (usually Ashtot's) tells them "Hey, there's red flags here! [Hi Nick]"

Day one doesn't have evidence. It makes evidence.
^^

Also another note - can we stop the stupidity of piling on Cory JUST because you guys don't like him? If he's acting scummy, sure try to lynch him, but keep the grade school grudges out of mafia or we're going to spend hours listening to you guys bicker.
TBT Mafia in a nutshell. Besides, like what Mr Sataric says below, Cory's reaction was nothing short of scummy. That said I'll lay off unless I find reason to lynch Cory.

First, the Cory thing - I do not agree with holding a players past mistakes in OTHER games against them. However, Cory is normally really arrogant and makes "jokes" when he's scum. The quick votes cast for him triggered a reaction in him that gave me scummy reads on him, so we should keep him under close watch.

Now that I'm feeling a little more awake, I've some further comments.

Role claiming is an unnecessary tactic. We don't need to know anyone's roles besides our own. When players start trying to compile role lists they are almost always passed onto the scum team.

The No Lynch / Jailer Plan

This was both stupid and anti-town. Do any of you even realise what Superpenguin and Tom managed to talk you all into? They persuaded you to give up a lynch where all of town could contribute to the discussion for a one-on-one exchange between the jailer and their prisoner. We don't even know if a jailer is definitely in the game. If they are in the game, then how is that one-on-one exchange any more valuable than a lynch with public information where everyone can analyse their answers? If you want to interrogate somebody then just do it. We don't need the jailer to do it on our behalf. They are no more informed than the rest of us because a majority lynch means day ends early. This means we've lost a huge chunk of time that we could have used to get scum talking. The jailer can't even make a well-informed choice on who to jail because there is very little information in the thread for them to go off of yet. At least at the end of a 48-hour day enough conversation has taken place that blues should have a rough idea of how to use their actions. But this fast no lynch only harms us.

I'd have understood this plan if it came from a newbie player, but it came from Superpenguin and was backed-up by Tom. They are both intelligent players who should have known better. I'm not sure what bothers me most about this. The fact that Superpenguin was so quick to bring up this option - or the fact Tom jumped on board with it. My first thought was isn't that scummy of SP? But if SP is town, and Tom is scum, then he would have seen it as something beneficial for his scum team and that would have been his reason for backing it.

What if me and Nick are both scum? But to be serious, I really don't see what exactly is wrong with the Jailer Plan other than "whoops majority was reached ASAP". Plus what exactly is the point of having a Jailer in the game if they cannot use their role at all? Late game when we're having to protect what little Blue/Greens are in our numbers still? What would have honestly come out from Day 1 discussion? Small suspicions, people trolling (read: Kermit spam), and then the majority of town choosing to bandwagon on an inactive or a hinderance.

Also I was kidding about being a watcher. I'm a townie. Also, it's hard not to be defensive when everyone just piles on votes on you in the first few minutes of the game.
Big surprise there. It's fine to be defensive, but you don't claim a role you aren't, that's scummy as hell.

Pre-game to be honest I did think of the No Lynch Day 1 thing for the Jailer but as Tina already said they might not even be in the game and if that's the case well then that's just been a big waste :/

OK well yesterday SP said to me
<Superpenguin> say you're like totes suspic of Tom for bandwagoning
and
<Superpenguin> vote for Tom
<Superpenguin> make a astatement

i don't really know why but thinking about it i guess i kind of found it weird that tom and sp seemed to immediately be like a team idk (or more that tom immediately followed what SP did but yeah)

Blood brothers apparently. I am curious as to why Nick wouldn't just bring that up himself, but instead gets someone who was (presumably) jokingly FOS'd to post that. That's kind of scummy. Besides, I might be a little rusty guys, but I'm not rusty enough to play the bandwagon game (especially if I was scum).

Oh, trust me, it is definitely not my playstyle to play the 'disinterested' card. The only way I will ever, ever play that move is if I'm the Fool, and, well, knowing my luck, I'll probably stay a Vanilla Townie forever. And ever.
AND EVER.

As for my thoughts on 'the plan' made up earlier, I think that was really foolishly thought up, but it has great potential, depending on who the XCOM Assault is. However, it has too many variables to have been considered a viable option.

Tom, Superpenguin, tsundere, CookingOkasan, C r y s t a l, LittleBeary, Moron, sunshinetea, Capella, Cory, Prin, BlueLeaf, 8floor, Aerious, oath2order, NikkiNikki, ShinySandwich, Sid2125, Ashtot, LoveMcQueen.

The names above are the names that have voted for the No Lynch yesterday, and Ashtot + LoveMcQueen voted after majority was reached. Names in Saddle Brown are people that I think were smart enough to realize that the plan was too risky. Now, I'm not saying that the rest of the people aren't smart, just sharing my thoughts based off of past experiences with playing with these people.

I honestly think one of those people are the Jailer, and at least one of those people are scum. They've all left little to nothing to go off of, however.

Nevertheless, I think that the XCOM Assault and the Central should go through with it (assuming we have one of both of those); after all, we wasted a lynch on it, whether it was Day 1 or not. Might as well go for it.
Jailer, I really hope you know who has been viewing the thread and who hasn't. I don't remember who suggested it, but going for a person who has been viewing the thread but not posting a lot would, in my opinion, be a good idea.[/size]
Gotta take a little risk in hopes to gain a big reward. Take chances, make mistakes, get messy. Like Blu suggested, I am convinced there's a Jailer in there somewhere. Scum? Probably, easy bandwagon opportunity which is probably why it filled up so fast.

Okay, partner in crime.

:)

Even though he hasn't posted, I did notice that Murray viewing the thread multiple times over the past 6-12 hours. Kind of different from his play in Newbie Mafia II (as a townie), where he was one of the most outspoken players until he died.

That does strike me as odd, because when he played DT in (HP Mafia?) he still made an effort to post even though a majority of players wanted him dead. Has Murray talked mafia in the IRC at all?

I hope this is satisfactory enough, if not then I hope the Engineer (if they exist) gave you a gun so you can shoot me. :)

Honestly I'm a little apprehensive about you Tom just based on the easy with which you jumped on this idea, given how critical you are of Superpenguin and his ideas in some of the obs chats in recent ganes.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ease* not easy

Honestly I'm a little apprehensive about you Tom just based on the easy with which you jumped on this idea, given how critical you are of Superpenguin and his ideas in some of the obs chats in recent ganes.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ease* not easy

True enough, especially since SP has been very funky in most games lately. However Day One is literally the only day any of you would even begin to consider a no lynch, Day Two will have some form of evidence or suspicions to go off of.

Blood brothers apparently. I am curious as to why Nick wouldn't just bring that up himself, but instead gets someone who was (presumably) jokingly FOS'd to post that. That's kind of scummy. Besides, I might be a little rusty guys, but I'm not rusty enough to play the bandwagon game (especially if I was scum).

Yeah, Harry and I were just joking around then. I told him to go post and he was saying stuff like "I don't know what to say! How do I mafia. I forgot." and stuff like that in a joking matter, so I joked with him and like yeah, I don't understand why he brought it up to the thread since it wasn't even serious.

And you are scum if you don't enjoy Kermit.
Kermit-Tea.jpg

Yeah, Harry and I were just joking around then. I told him to go post and he was saying stuff like "I don't know what to say! How do I mafia. I forgot." and stuff like that in a joking matter, so I joked with him and like yeah, I don't understand why he brought it up to the thread since it wasn't even serious.

Kermit-Tea.jpg

USE THE GIF

Kermit-Tea.jpg

I had that kind of vibe, however I wanted address that just in case it wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back