Mafia TBT Mafia [Game Over/Town Win]

2hpoSOU.jpg

Night 2

The town was in disarray. Too many blues were dead. It was no surprise that the sun had barely risen when the first votes were cast. Town were convinced that Justin was rotten. The votes were stacked against him by midday, and still there was no word from him. Finally, he threw his door open and made his case.

It seemed to work - town opinion shifted. They had been tricked. Ran circles around. Naturally, this greatly enraged the crowd, who immediately seized Mary. They carried her to and past the gallows. It seemed a simple hanging was not going to happen. There was ravine on the outskirts of town with a rope bridge, one of the few entrances into Bell Tree. The lynch party didn't fool around. They dragged her to the cliffedge, and were about to push her off, when there was an almighty crash of thunder.

A single lightning bolt came down from the heavens and into the assembled mob of people. The flash blinded everyone, and when they recovered their sight, where kurolli once stood only a pile of ash remained.

They shrugged, then shoved a screaming Mary off the cliff. The townies followed her screams all the way to the bottom, where she was suddenly silenced.

One of the townsfolk had brought a pair of binoculars with him.
"What do you see?" someone asked.
"I'm seeing red."

Mary the Underling has been lynched.
kurolli the Townie was modkilled.

It is now Night. With the death of Mary, Mafia KP = 2
Reds and blues, you know the drill. You have 24 hours from the time of this post.

So I was wrong?she was guilty the whole time.

psssst hikari

mind explaining what your reasons behind voting bbg and ace were

(also sorry if i'm being pushy i have a tendency to do that)

Polite goodbye post :)

Hey guys! Yup, iLoveYou was right. I was a Mafia Underling! Anyone surprised?

Anyway, since I'm dead, I won't be posting anymore. However, I'll be watching! You guys better miss me!

And too all my fellow mafia... Good luck!

<3 <3 <3
Mary.

psssst hikari

I had no idea who to vote for, so I just chose random people...

psssst hikari

LOL, I was so confused as to why she voted for me without any mention XD

Chances are I will be murdered tonight by the Mafia. If there's a second doctor, I'd appreciate the protection from you, but if not I'm probably a goner tomorrow.

Because of this, I might as well just lay out most of my further suspicions after Mary. There are 4 mafia remaining. Let's examine the voting list from yesterday.

First, here's the list of players who were voting for Mary at the time of lynch yesterday:

Mary (9)
Gandalf
BellBringerGreen
Justin
oath2order
DeviousCrossing
3DSfan134
Thunder
Kuma
River

It's fairly safe to assume that the players near the top of this list are likely townies and should be considered mostly innocent. Not guaranteed as voting for your fellow mafia is always a valid strategy to appear innocent, but most would at least attempt to defend their fellow scum first before giving in and voting for them. So the top half of this list is probably fairly innocent.

That said, I'd also watch out for the last couple players on the list who resisted until nearly the end, likely to try to save face for themselves after seeing that Mary was clearly getting lynched no matter what they said. Notably Kuma and River in this case.

In particular with River, I would keep an eye on her for mafia tells. She was the last player to vote for Mary, after much contesting in the main thread. I think she threw in the vote at the end to try to save herself from future lynching. There was this post in particular that stood out to me.

http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...afia-Night-2&p=1924710&viewfull=1#post1924710

It seemed like a desperate attempt to make people believe Mary was a Detective in the face of a couple of us starting to bring her up. River is an experienced and smart player, so I have a hard time believing that she didn't catch on herself to what I replied to her post with.

All this being said, it's nothing too concrete, so I wouldn't start voting her or anything yet. But perhaps keep an eye on her at least.

Next thing I want to look at is the correlation between Mary's votes, and others voting with her votes. Mafia on the more inexperienced side tend to vote together as a pack as it appears like a good strategy for voting townies off.

Here's a list of all the players who voted for ACE on Day 1 at some point with Mary, and also voted for myself (Justin) on Day 2 with Mary at some point:

BellBringerGreen
Hikari
DeviousCrossing
TheCreeperHugz
Mary
3DSfan134
FireNinja1

Take away the players who voted for Mary (and Mary herself) in the end to her demise...

Hikari
TheCreeperHugz
FireNinja1

And you end up with the list of three players above!

After all of this, these four players are my top suspects for Mafia at this moment in the game, in no particular order:

Hikari
TheCreeperHugz
FireNinja1
River

These are by no means confirmed mafia or anything like that. But based off analysing vote patterns, and some posts, those 4 players seem the most suspicious at the moment to me. I think it's worth keeping them in the back of your head. And if you're a detective, I know there's still at least one of you out there (unless Karla royally ****ed over the town), you should consider inspecting one of them. Of course, don't reveal yourself completely unless absolutely necessary. Try to just subtly hint towards someone if you catch them as mafia in your inspection.

We'll see what happens tomorrow with the kill and anything else that comes up.

One extra special note, lynn105 is probably on the side of town:

Mary (2)
lynn105
iLoveYou

I'm highly doubtful they would vote for their own teammate at the very start of the game like that. lynn105 is also a first time player, so I doubt that it was an intentional strategy.

Basically:

LEAVE LYNN ALONE!!!

(and iLoveYou)

Chances are I will be murdered tonight by the Mafia. If there's a second doctor, I'd appreciate the protection from you, but if not I'm probably a goner tomorrow.

Because of this, I might as well just lay out most of my further suspicions after Mary. There are 4 mafia remaining. Let's examine the voting list from yesterday.

First, here's the list of players who were voting for Mary at the time of lynch yesterday:

It's fairly safe to assume that the players near the top of this list are likely townies and should be considered mostly innocent. Not guaranteed as voting for your fellow mafia is always a valid strategy to appear innocent, but most would at least attempt to defend their fellow scum first before giving in and voting for them. So the top half of this list is probably fairly innocent.

That said, I'd also watch out for the last couple players on the list who resisted until nearly the end, likely to try to save face for themselves after seeing that Mary was clearly getting lynched no matter what they said. Notably Kuma and River in this case.

In particular with River, I would keep an eye on her for mafia tells. She was the last player to vote for Mary, after much contesting in the main thread. I think she threw in the vote at the end to try to save herself from future lynching. There was this post in particular that stood out to me.

http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...afia-Night-2&p=1924710&viewfull=1#post1924710

It seemed like a desperate attempt to make people believe Mary was a Detective in the face of a couple of us starting to bring her up. River is an experienced and smart player, so I have a hard time believing that she didn't catch on herself to what I replied to her post with.

All this being said, it's nothing too concrete, so I wouldn't start voting her or anything yet. But perhaps keep an eye on her at least.

Next thing I want to look at is the correlation between Mary's votes, and others voting with her votes. Mafia on the more inexperienced side tend to vote together as a pack as it appears like a good strategy for voting townies off.

Here's a list of all the players who voted for ACE on Day 1 at some point with Mary, and also voted for myself (Justin) on Day 2 with Mary at some point:

Take away the players who voted for Mary (and Mary herself) in the end to her demise...

And you end up with the list of three players above!

After all of this, these four players are my top suspects for Mafia at this moment in the game, in no particular order:

These are by no means confirmed mafia or anything like that. But based off analysing vote patterns, and some posts, those 4 players seem the most suspicious at the moment to me. I think it's worth keeping them in the back of your head. And if you're a detective, I know there's still at least one of you out there (unless Karla royally ****ed over the town), you should consider inspecting one of them. Of course, don't reveal yourself completely unless absolutely necessary. Try to just subtly hint towards someone if you catch them as mafia in your inspection.

We'll see what happens tomorrow with the kill and anything else that comes up.

One extra special note, lynn105 is probably on the side of town:

I'm highly doubtful they would vote for their own teammate at the very start of the game like that. lynn105 is also a first time player, so I doubt that it was an intentional strategy.

Basically:

LEAVE LYNN ALONE!!!

(and iLoveYou)

You better have valid evidence that they're the mafia.

I'm not sure if you read the whole thing or just skipped over to the list, but he does make a pretty convincing argument.

Define valid evidence. Right now i'm thinking you are pretty suspicious for making such a comment as a follow up to what actually is a well thought out post. Not just out of the blue accusations but points which you can locate yourself if you do a little investigating.

almost like you were frightened by the post.

These are by no means confirmed mafia or anything like that

howsabout you, creeper? mind explaining your votes? (ace, justin, etc.)

On day oen, no one really had a clue, including me, so I kinda just went along with everyone else. Clearly a bad idea, but can't really change that now.
As for Justin, he seemed to he pointing fingers more, and suggestng a lot, which in my eyes made him look a bit suspicious.

Back