• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Taking advantage of the exterior glitch

Ralsei

Bells
has anyone else tried this? basically, it ocurred to me that with this glitch you can literally choose your villager's exteriors.
Personally, I love marshal but not a fan of the pointy roof so I decided to give him a different exterior thats suits my town better. Looks really cute with his cafe theme.
FB_IMG_1588995021865.jpg
FB_IMG_1588995026873.jpg
Did the same with ursala's and Punchys house
Punchy.jpg
FB_IMG_1588995034349.jpg

This is a really cool option if you're going for a certain theme like elegant, rustic, japanese, etc... what do you guys think? it will probably be fixed eventually but for now Im really happy with it =)

How? Who? What? and When? lol I seriously need to change Sherb's house... it clashes with everybody else

I kinda want to do this.. Some of my villagers have homes that don't really match the theme I'm going for.
Does the sign with their name on it say the old villager or the new one? If that makes sense, sorry I'm tired lol

i’m just too worried the glitch will get fixed and certain villagers will be gone again like with the amiibo thing 😔 probably still gonna try it tho lol anything for the aesthetic

I saw that you could do this, but forgot how it was preformed.

I'm certain it'll get patched in the future, unfortunately.

I instantly thought of this when I accidentally glitched Cherry's exterior with one that (admittedly) was nicer. Unfortunately I didn't want to keep it that way, because I feel a villager's house was designed for them with intent by the designers and I should see the house as part of their whole.

I saw that you could do this, but forgot how it was preformed.

I'm certain it'll get patched in the future, unfortunately.

Time traveling backwards when a villager is forced out with an amiibo is a guaranteed way to get it. Something like this requires a bit of pre-planning though. You would need to get the vilalger whose house you want AND have the amiibo for the villager who you like. Ideally you would have amiibos for both to make it easier.

i’m just too worried the glitch will get fixed and certain villagers will be gone again like with the amiibo thing 😔 probably still gonna try it tho lol anything for the aesthetic
What do you mean by "the glitch will get fixed and certain villagers will be gone again"? :eek::eek::eek:

I instantly thought of this when I accidentally glitched Cherry's exterior with one that (admittedly) was nicer. Unfortunately I didn't want to keep it that way, because I feel a villager's house was designed for them with intent by the designers and I should see the house as part of their whole.

Time traveling backwards when a villager is forced out with an amiibo is a guaranteed way to get it. Something like this requires a bit of pre-planning though. You would need to get the vilalger whose house you want AND have the amiibo for the villager who you like. Ideally you would have amiibos for both to make it easier.
Ooh I see, well I'm not into TTing much so maybe i'll do it for a villager's house I don't like.

What do you mean by "the glitch will get fixed and certain villagers will be gone again"? :eek::eek::eek:
my friend adopted raymond from someone who kicked him out by amiibo and when the new update came he went to check on raymond and i think he had either the “ive moved out” or he was just gone

my friend adopted raymond from someone who kicked him out by amiibo and when the new update came he went to check on raymond and i think he had either the “ive moved out” or he was just gone
OH MY !! I knew the glitch was bad but I didn't know it was that bad. I had heard it affected the person doing the trade not the person adopting :eek: (which I guess would be bad either way!)

I think I'd rather not risk it .-.

Does the sign with their name on it say the old villager or the new one? If that makes sense, sorry I'm tired lol

the new one, sorry for the awful quality.
20200508_225719.jpg

I dont think this is the same as the old glitch cause this is just visual but still try it at your own risk.

You can supposedly also trigger it by skipping the move-out day, either by time travelling or not playing for a day.
I can't bare not playing for an entire day, I'll take the Time Travel thank you.

That’s awesome! I won’t be doing that just because I don’t really want to exploit glitches and mess around with stuff like that but I’m just paranoid about doing anything too crazy now with the game. Looks great though!

When I kicked out Lily with Coco and she had the same house I didn't think twice just assuming some villagers had the same house. This was a month ago. I found out yesterday Coco's house is... much uglier (imo) and now im so happy I accidentally stumbled upon this glitch lol

This is so cool! I’m just worried that the house will glitch out when it’s patched.. hopefully not though!!

How?
(I've always been hoping it's a future feature to change the exteriors of your villagers' houses...)

I have this with a few of my villagers with this without thinking and the the worst thing happened. Diana's amiibo took Rooney's house exterior which looks so terrible. She has a spa house inside and then this steel outside
1589014197674.png
1589014335376.png

Back