Splatoon Splatfest #14 - Fancy Party vs Costume Party

First two matches went rather badly. No lag or anything, just... not very solid teams.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Did the servers... crash?

I tried to play a few games earlier today and it was pretty unplayable - got stuck on the points screen for ages before the disconnect message came up every time lol

^

It has been slow finding other players to play with, but now it says it's down for maintenance. I was 1 point away from queen xP

My headphones are being problematic, so I couldn't play as late as I'd hoped, which is fine I guess, since... maintenance?

I didn't want to wake my parents up though, so I'll have to wait until later to play. Too many chores to complete in the morning to continue right now. ;;

I was really excited for this Splatfest, but I hadn't logged on since the results of the last one. I didn't get my snails from the last Splatfest after spending hours reaching the max rank so I feel a lot less motivated today.

splatfest is just a timeout for players who play ranked battles

I went with Team Costume~ Not really a fan of the hotdog suit that they chose to represent it lol?? but in general would rather go to a costume party

This Splatfest went better than the other one for me (Spongebob vs Patrick for where I live) because even though I was Team Spongebob, more than half the time it had me battle against other Spongebob teams...

I feel like team Fancy had more level 50 players join it, so maybe they'll win?

I had a pretty good win ratio, though, so maybe us Costume fans won't do too poorly.

While it ended, I voted Fancy!! I was surprised to see that Fancy was the most popular, from the Miiverse posts, everyone was super super loud about being team Costume.

Are people going on there trying to pick the most unpopular or something? They used to be the team that won before this weekend.

Are people going on there trying to pick the most unpopular or something? They used to be the team that won before this weekend.

In NA, the least popular team tends to win, but in Japan, it's the opposite. People trying to calculate which team to vote for based on that to get more sea snails.

I had a feeling Costume would lose, but I picked them anyway. I always have to stay true to what I'd actually vote for. If I don't care about the issue, I pick the color I like best. I happen to hate orange, but that was the color representing Costume. Oh well!

Ohhh the Japanese players throw it off as well as make it tougher, huh? At least I never had to wait for an opposing fancy team to come up and play a fellow costume team like when I happen to be on the popular one.

In a way I guess they do? I didn't have too many problems dealing with them.

They do throw off the whole least popular=winner though. They tend to have the most popular be the winner.

Back