• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

SpaceX Launch

It watched it and it was okay. It's hard to get excited about it when we're in the middle of a global pandemic and people are rioting in the streets. Especially when those two things are combined and the number of cases in the U.S. will likely explode even more over the next two weeks.

yep! im really glad the space sector is considering more sustainable options in practical use, really excited to see the Falcon 9 make history yet again :)
It watched it and it was okay. It's hard to get excited about it when we're in the middle of a global pandemic and people are rioting in the streets. Especially when those two things are combined and the number of cases in the U.S. will likely explode even more over the next two weeks.

feeling both of these things at the same time. nice to see sustainable innovation, but at this time... mmm. hard to be enthusiastic abt something that feels so out of place in current events. there's also some deep sense of concern and trepidation bc the privatization of space is a very....bad, captialist route to go down tbh. and i hope we dont live to see astro exploration and study redirect that way.

the stars belong to all of us.

I watched the launch yesterday and I've been watching it today for the past 3 hours or so. They've docked with the International Space Station and they've been working on getting everything ready to have the astronauts actually walk onto the ISS. Hopefully they'll be able to walk onto the ISS in less than 30 minutes from now.

I try to look at it as a happy event in the midst of two very bad ones. I still can't think of a year that as been as horrible for the United States, or the whole world really, as 2020, but I will thank 2020 for giving us this accomplishment. :)

imagine being those spaceX astronauts tho. like just leaving earth while it is burning down lmao dodged a MASSIVE bullet

I wasn't able to see the actual launch live because I stupidly forgot that it was happening, but I did watch the video later! It's so inspiring to think of what humanity is able to accomplish. I've always found space to be so interesting, and it's interesting to think about what the space travel of the future could look like.

Though I wouldn't really want to be an astronaut until they've made space travel much more comfortable. I don't think I have enough skills to go up in the current program, so my only chance would be to be a tourist!

Back