Smash Bros Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U Discussion Thread

I want Lucas, but this thread should be called META KNIGHT ON SSB4! D:

Meta Knight is cool, but was never a favorite of mine.
Everyone once in a while, I'll be seen playing as him.

It's kind of nice, but I think a simpler logo with the Smash Icon would have been much nicer.

I just don't get why they chose red... Black or white would've looked a lot better... So would blue

I just don't get why they chose red... Black or white would've looked a lot better... So would blue

Red is their main color for the 3DS version, so that's probably why. A Blue WiiU for that version would be pretty neat.

meta knight is back, AND HE'S NERFED

Not by much. As of now, all but 1 of his attacks are the same. And it's also more offensive and less defensive, so it's not much of a nerf, just a change. He'll still be in the top 5 I'm guessing.

his horizontal recovery and air/ledge game was stupid broke, all solely because of his gliding abilities

he's nerfed, no question

but yeah, he'll still likely be an A-list fighter, just not practically tier-0 A-list anymore

Last edited:
Like I said, he's more offensive than defensive now. He still has his 5 jumps and you can still use his side-b for recovery as well. It won't be as easy to control, but it's still effective.

Never really liked meta knight in brawl... He didn't run smooth when I played as him, hoping the new Tewksbury make him easier for me.

Next I think it'll be ness or Lucas. Tbh I don't know why everyone is freaking out saying they're not going to be in the game, honestly makes no sense to cut them. I'd be surprised if neither if them are in the game tbh

Yeah, yeah that's all well and good I wasn't really expecting him to leave to be honest.

I'm really hoping for Gannondorf's announcement sometime this week or next.

when will they add Ness, Jigglypuff, Mr. game&watch, ganon, and falco?

I feel Jiggles has a pretty good chance of returning, she's practically a staple.
Falco (and Ganon) were clone characters though which I hear aren't a thing anymore. So not sure what it means for them. Which is a shame as Falco was one of my favs.

I seem to remember the didn't announce all of Brawls roster until release, and most unreleased chars were ones you had to unlock. (though many unlockables were announced)
Both melee and brawl, (not sure on 1st game) had all those 5 as unlockable characters, so I think we'll see them on release.

Last edited:
I feel Jiggles has a pretty good chance of returning, she's practically a staple.
Falco (and Ganon) were clone characters though which I hear aren't a thing anymore. So not sure what it means for them. Which is a shame as Falco was one of my favs.

I seem to remember the didn't announce all of Brawls roster until release, and most unreleased chars were ones you had to unlock. (though many unlockables were announced)
Both melee and brawl, (not sure on 1st game) had all those 5 as unlockable characters, so I think we'll see them on release.
Jigglypuff may be a clone of Kirby. but they have differences

Quote coming from NeoGAF

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=877313

iU571fE.jpg

It isn't clear to me if this packaging is actual game packaging or if it is promotional packaging, but Konami is not listed as a character credit.

As Baron Von Loathsome pointed out, there is a list of 3rd party guests focused on the back, but Snake is not mentioned at all.

Thanks to Tripon for packaging.

I didn't expect him to be back, so no surprise there. Also 2.1 Gigabytes, wow! New record holder for hogging the most space.

Back