• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Slime Rancher 2

What platform are you planning to get Slime Rancher 2 on?

• Xbox Series X/S

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • PC

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • Waiting for a PS5 release

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Still hoping Slime Rancher will get a Nintendo Switch port

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Undecided/Depends

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • I'm not planning to get Slime Rancher 2

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters

.: Meri :.

-love brought me some eternal petals-
Bells
Switch
1708-1067-1998
Island
Lostglade
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Golden Watering Can
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
If there's any fans of the original Slime Rancher around, you may be excited to hear that the sequel has been announced! Looks like it's planned for release on Xbox, Steam, and Epic Games sometime in 2022.

Continue the adventures of Beatrix LeBeau as she journeys across the Slime Sea to Rainbow Island, a land brimming with ancient mysteries, and bursting with wiggly, new slimes to wrangle in this sequel to the smash-hit, Slime Rancher.

As Beatrix attempts to unravel the island’s secrets and uncover its true purpose, she’ll build, ranch, and farm within a beautiful conservatory, whose sparkling glass walls give her full view of the prismatic paradise she now calls home.

Features:

Explore a Vibrant New World
Continue the slime ranching adventures of Beatrix LeBeau as she journeys to a mysterious rainbow-hued island.

Discover Wiggly New Slimes
Collect slimes never seen before on the Far, Far Range, like the bouncy cotton slime or the aquatic angler slime.

Build a Conservatory on Rainbow Island
Earn newbucks from slime plorts and collect resources on Rainbow Island to upgrade your vacpack, build new gadgets, and expand your conservatory.

And here are the official names of some of the other new slimes shown in the trailer!

Rainbow Island looks absolutely beautiful and I love all of the new slimes so much! ;v; I think the batty slime might be my favorite of the ones we've seen. As for things I'd like to see, my main hope is that we'll get to interact with the original NPCs again, or that there will be some new characters on the Far, Far Range that we can get to know. I was hoping for a Thora West update in the original for a long time, so I think it'd be really cool if she returns in 2!
The only thing I'm uncertain about at the moment is what platform to get it on—it looks to be a next gen game, and my poor laptop can barely handle running the original. I might wait for an eventual PS5 release (and hope that my family and I can actually manage to get ahold of one, eheh).

Have you played the original Slime Rancher, and are you planning on playing the sequel? Are there any features you're excited about or hoping to see? Do you have a favorite slime of the ones revealed so far?

It looks very cute, I too love the batty slimes and the anglers are adorable.
I played the first game but I felt like the ending was very lackluster and after I beat the main game I didn't feel an urge to keep playing. I hope the second one has a stronger story and more interaction with the NPCs. It'd be nice if they had actual character models.
I wonder if they'll bring back all of the slime types from the first game. Also I wonder if fangamer is going to have any good merch.

That looks really fun and adorable! I never heard of the first one. I may consider asking for it for Christmas if it is available on the Switch or ps4 and if you don’t need to have to played the first one; it’d be cool if maybe they got a bundle of both of the games. I could just wait for that then. 🤔

I was literally just wondering if Slime Rancher 2 was going to happen soon since there's a super low sale for it on Steam right now! I don't know anybody personally who plays SR, so I'm going to enjoy the discounted first game for now. That's pretty dope there's a sequel though!

Slime Rancher was one of the first games that got me into gaming. After I completed it, I hoped for a sequel but wasn't getting my hopes up, so I'm really excited for it! Rainbow Island is gorgeous. All the new slimes are so adorable. :3 Definitely keeping my fingers crossed for an eventual port over to the Switch, unless I end up upgrading to a gaming desktop sooner rather than later.

Originally played Slime Rancher for free on Xbox One.

And since Slime Rancher 2 will be on Game Pass, I will be playing it again on Xbox.

I’ll probably go with the PC release because I’m not interested in upgrading to a PS5 anymore. It looks like a massive step up from the original (which is saying a lot).

Just wanted to share some more of the screenshots and graphics teasers we've been shown so far, but a couple in particular—

Looking closely at the second screenshot, we can see another new slime in the rightmost corral! It appears to be based on a tanuki/raccoon-dog. An official name for it hasn't been revealed yet.

In the background of the first screenshot you can see the plort market, and zooming in seems to confirm that all the original main slime types will be returning! (There's nothing yet on whether or not we'll see quicksilver or glitch slimes, but the lucky slime will also be returning, as shown in the top screenshot in the spoiler below.) Saber plorts are visible on the market, if I'm not mistaken, though it's currently unknown if we'll get access to them through Ogden, like in the first game, or if we'll find them another way. We can also see plorts that are presumably for the five revealed new slimes, and a couple of plorts blocked out by question marks.

Putting other graphics teasers in a spoiler, for anyone who's curious.
screenshot2.jpg

screenshot1.jpg

screenshot3.jpg

I'm super excited about this! I am going to have so many of the Batty slimes! They're purple, I adore bats and have a nickname that's bat-related my bestie game me. I might actually pre-order this and I don't pre-order things anymore. Depends on the release date and everything.

Now, with the original Slime Rancher ported onto the Switch, should we be optimistic about Slime Rancher 2 plortable edition as well? c:

Now, with the original Slime Rancher ported onto the Switch, should we be optimistic about Slime Rancher 2 plortable edition as well? c:
I haven't heard anything concrete, but I certainly hope so! A Slime Rancher 2: Plortable Edition would be a much, much more convenient option for me than PC or PS5.

omg I was just looking through the gamer's lounge and came across this, my heart just skipped 3 beats, I love Slime Rancher so much, I think I finished it earlier this year and the ending melted my heart, I am definitely getting this.

Trailer thoughts
- I love the graphics so much omg, all of the new slimes I kept on yelling out what they looked like from pure excitement
- The island looks so beautiful
- I really hope we get to see some more letters from our relationship with Casey

The Slime Rancher twitter has been posting some teasers on some of the biomes and locations in Rainbow Island—so far there's the Rainbow Fields, some tidepool transition areas, Ember Valley, and Starlight Strand.

Does anyone have any favorites from the biomes we've seen so far, or anything you're still hoping to see? I think the Starlight Strand might be a favorite area of mine. All the areas look totally gorgeous, but I love the contrasting hues in the strand, and morning/evening are some of my favorite times of day. The coral tidepools look really bright and fun too.
The Ancient Ruins were one of my favorite areas in the first game, so I'm hoping to see more of those in Rainbow Island. I admit I have my fingers crossed for a wintery biome too; I usually love those sorts of areas in games, and I think one would look stunning with Slime Rancher 2's visual design.

How is this the first I've heard of this! I love slime rancher so much I'm really excited abt this😁 definitely hoping for a switch release but I'll get it another way eventually if I have to. Either way I'm playing this game!

It looks like they really improved the graphics for the sequel! I really like the first game, but there are a few things I hope they add.

1. I hope the world is a bit bigger. The first game’s world is a bit on the small side, even with DLC, so I hope they could expand it.

2. I hope the total number of slimes types is higher. The first game didn’t have enough imo. This was especially noticeable in the later areas where there was still a ton of early game types. Maybe they could increase it to 15-20?

Back