shrubs and 5 stars questions

MiniPocketWorld

Finding the joy in small things is not weakness.
Bells
White Hyacinth
Orange Hybrid Hyacinth
Flimsy Watering Can
White Hyacinth
Is it possible to get a 5 star island with no flowers?

Also, is it possible for shrubs to cause rarer butterflies to spawn like hybrid flowers do?

As far as I know, flowers play a major role in getting five stars on your island. In my case, I had many, many outdoor furniture items around my island, several trees with fruit, no weeds or trash, et cetera; and I would only get four stars because of a lack of flower variety. In order to boost my rating back to five stars, I had to mix up some of the flowers and breed a few hybrid ones.

If you have many of the same flower, chances are you probably won’t get five stars. Off the top of my head, the game does a calculation of what you have on your island, and anything that’s considered an outdoor furniture item provides a small bonus towards the rating, and there are minimum requirements which include flowers. It will help boost the rating greatly if you plant several flowers all around, and maybe experiment with breeding a little bit.

There was a very helpful guide somewhere, but I forgot where it was. Google it, and it’ll most likely come up.

In regards to shrubs, they don’t possess special bug spawning powers, unfortunately (except the snail).

As far as I know, flowers play a major role in getting five stars on your island. In my case, I had many, many outdoor furniture items around my island, several trees with fruit, no weeds or trash, et cetera; and I would only get four stars because of a lack of flower variety. In order to boost my rating back to five stars, I had to mix up some of the flowers and breed a few hybrid ones.

If you have many of the same flower, chances are you probably won’t get five stars. Off the top of my head, the game does a calculation of what you have on your island, and anything that’s considered an outdoor furniture item provides a small bonus towards the rating, and there are minimum requirements which include flowers. It will help boost the rating greatly if you plant several flowers all around, and maybe experiment with breeding a little bit.

There was a very helpful guide somewhere, but I forgot where it was. Google it, and it’ll most likely come up.

In regards to shrubs, they don’t possess special bug spawning powers, unfortunately (except the snail).
Yeah I saw an old article from 3 yrs ago talking about points and how there is a scenery category and development category. I was thinking that crops and shrubs probably count towards scenery but the article was before the update so I am in sure on my assumption.

Maybe hybrid flowers play a bigger role than I thought with your island rating. I wonder if two types are enough if you have hybrids as well.

It's sad that shrubs don't attract the rarer butterflies. I was considering not having flowers as a change.

It's sad that shrubs don't attract the rarer butterflies. I was considering not having flowers as a change.
Shrubs are treated as trees in the game I believe. Yeah, they grow flowers on the branches, but they’re not treated as such. Only the snail can be found on them when it rains.

For me, I don’t have every single flower on my island, as some just don’t fit the theme of any area I have. I got five stars by mixing different purple flowers together in a small 2x4 garden (it was previously all purple mums). Actual flower variety is the major key, though make sure you have at least a few hybrid flowers as that will indeed boost the rating.

Its honestly ridiculous about the amount of flowers that're required. Like seriously, its so many.

I remember making Zouth Park, which is like no flowers and just putting then behinf houses or like on the farm. But ugh. So many flowers are required.

Back