• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Should I be worried?

quwail

Rae * Reeb
Bells
It's November and ... I have yet to see any mushrooms in my town. I got ACNL last Christmas, so I haven't experienced November yet and I REALLY want the mush series.

Am I missing something?? Is this on a certain week or are mushrooms just randomly not spawning in my town?

?_?

Hm, that's weird. My file is on the current date (Nov.4) and I'm getting mushrooms in my town (I think starting on the first of November). Is there anything maybe blocking the growth of mushrooms (like other mushrooms that may have been used for decoration?) Mushrooms can also be hard to spot if you have lots of trees in the way.

You know, maybe it's my paths? I don't have *too* many paths in my town, but even still, a lot of them are next to trees. Think I should erase them for now and then set them again after I complete the set?

I have a lot of 'decoration' mushrooms at my campsite, and I have had no mushrooms at all so far this November, in any part of my town. They might be spawning with the decoration mushrooms, it's hard to tell if any new ones have shown up, but it doesn't look like it. Maybe there's a maximum amount of mushrooms you can have in town that stops new ones spawning?

You know, maybe it's my paths? I don't have *too* many paths in my town, but even still, a lot of them are next to trees. Think I should erase them for now and then set them again after I complete the set?

I'm not sure if paths are the issue, so I think I would wait until someone else weighs in on this issue. Mushrooms like to spawn next to stumps and trees (Although I'm not 100 percent sure whether they only spawn next to them), so maybe paths that are next to them are the problem?

You need to have space next to your trees in order for a mushroom to spawn. Paths, flowers, other items on the ground will block them from spawning. The consensus suggests picking up all other mushrooms if you want more to spawn. This includes any you have out for decoration purposes. They seem to spawn like fossils. Once you have the maximum spawned in a day, nothing new will appear until after you've cleared the previous ones.

Back