Shellzilla's Pitlane of Art! (V.2)

Yes! I'm back with a new car livery! This took me a few months of doing this on and off due to miscellaneous stuff happening in my life and other things. But in reality, it didn't take up too much time if you were to only factor in making and putting the decals all together. Check out what I did to this 2009 Ferrari 458 Italia, where a huge portion of the decals are pixel sprites from Super Mario Bros. 3! This Mario game means a lot to me since it was the first game I ever played in my life, so to combine it with cars which is another thing I like is even better!
Whitby__1.jpeg

Of course, here are a few angles showcasing all sides of the car. 😊

Front
Unfortunately, I couldn't find the original link where I got the svg file of the game's title. In hindsight, I should've bookmarked it, but I think I found it somewhere on a wikimedia page.
Gran Turismo® 7_20230409183857.jpg

Back
Gran Turismo® 7_20230409183922.jpg

Right
Gran Turismo® 7_20230409183828.jpg

Gondola Boarding Point__3.jpeg
Left
Gran Turismo® 7_20230409183806.jpg

Gondola Boarding Point__4.jpeg

Here are the decals I used on the livery first starting off with block sprites!
Block sprites SMB3.png

Some miscellaneous stuff.
Miscellaneous sprites SMB3.png

Next batch is the enemies! From left to right, top to bottom, we got a koopa, paratroopa, paragoomba, goomba, buzzy beetle, the angry sun, fire bros, thwomp, boomerang bro, chain chopmp, hammer bro, ptooie, bullet bill, parabeetle, rocky wrench, piranha plant, whatever those things are spiny, lakitu, spike, bob omb, and nipper plant. I know I didn't include every single enemy from the game, but it's still a good amount!
SMB3 Enemy Sprites.png

And of course, here are the underwater enemies featuring variations of cheep cheeps and a blooper.
Water enemy sprites SMB3.png

Let's not forget Mario himself who got different powerups which are the tanooki leaf, frog suit, tanooki suit, and the hammer bro suit!
Mario Sprites SMB3.png

Speaking of powerups, here they are too. Note that the third row of powerups is just outlined.
Item sprites SMB3.png

Now you're probably wondering, "Shellzilla, how did you precisely get the pixel sprites down from Super Mario Bros. 3?" Well, I used this simple square as my building block as shown below. In Inkscape, I can snap the corners of the simple squares to each other to make the alignment and accuracy that much easier. Phew! I even referred to this page of the Super Mario Universe website containing many sprite sheets where I got to closely examine them. Funnily enough, Microsoft Paint helped me out big time in getting the exact pixels I wanted to place down!
Sprite Pixel.png

Oh, and enjoy my username in Super Mario Bros. style lol. If you ever played Super Mario Bros. 3, you may notice that the colours I grabbed are similar to the title screen from the game!
Shellzilla 515.png

515 SMB3 style.png

In the midst of everything, there's a particular character that also appeared in the livery. Why yes, it's Pag-asa once again who is my animal villager OC! I guess he wanted to dive into the 8-bit world too lol. Anyways, I simply had fun trying to make pixel art of him even though I didn't exactly adhere to the pixel dimensions. Plus, it makes me feel happy how I was able to translate his vibrant feathers into pixelated form. I dunno, some people might joke around saying he's my fursona, but he's simply become my comfort character since. 😊
Pag-asa Sprite SMB3.png
Edit: Fixed an error. 😅

Last edited:
Back with another post and I still have a bit of a kicker for making pixel art. Ever since I did Pag-asa trying to imitate the style of Super Mario Bros. 3, I wanted to include the animal villagers of @/Midoriya (Riley), @/xSuperMario64x, and @/Roxxy too! I feel like I should throw in the athletic theme from the game lol.
Athletic Theme - Koji Kondo

First off, we got Tazan the tasmanian devil! I had to make some revisions at one point since the pixel art ended up being a little too small compared to the other characters.
Tazan Sprite SMB3.png

This is the previous version that I wasn't too happy with. He kinda looks like a bear cub oops. Thank goodness I was able to improve it from there. :)
Tazan Sprite SMB3 Alternate.png

Then we got Sterling the silver fox! I was a little worried early on about how I would do his glasses whether they'd be too big, too small, or just generally clashing his appearance. Thankfully, I was able to pull it off. Sterling needs his glasses to see!
Sterling Sprite SMB3.png

And last but not least, the kangaroo and joey of Kylie & Kodie! I'm very happy with the outcome of these two, especially since the moon pendant is still recognizable despite being composed of only 10 yellow squares. 🌙
Kylie & Kodie Sprite SMB3.png

Of course, here's the entire group together! It feels like they could fit in Super Mario 3D World too lol. But yeah, just looking at this is giving me a huge smile. I think I did a good job at making Pag-asa, Tazan, Sterling, and Kylie & Kodie recognizable with a bunch of squares that make each character who they are. 😁
AC villager sprites SMB3.png

Edit: Made a spelling error oops.

Last edited:
Absolutely love this, me and Alex are so happy to be part of the gang 💜💙💜 I showed him this and he loved it 🥰 (and laughed that he is now so much taller than me, kids!! 😂❤️)

You are so talented and your art makes my heart smile 💙💙💜💜

"Fool! You have fallen into the hands of Ajax! Mwahahaha!"
Ajax-drawing.png
This is another one of @/xSuperMario64x's OCs that he's created. Ajax is his name and honestly, I really liked how I drew him here. Hair is not my strongest suit, so I'm glad that I didn't do too badly here! The dynamic pose is one thing, but his facial expression conveying that he's trying to capture his next victim makes it hilarious.

Of course, I did a Smash Bros. Ultimate stock icon too!

Ajax SSBU Icon 2.png

Here's an alternate drawing of Ajax I did so I could trace it in Inkscape. The main difference is the inclusion of his eyes and mouth.
Ajax SSBU Icon.png

At this point, it's to be expected that I put these drawings as decals into Gran Turismo 7. The journey of updating the livery still continues. And yes, Wolfsel is his next victim lol.
Gran Turismo® 7_20230428184421.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20230428184434.jpg
Now I gotta draw Anthony next aaaaaaaaa.

It took me a good chunk of the day to get this drawing out, but I'm pretty happy with the outcome, especially since it's not very often that I somewhat do a chibi art style. Featuring Izuku Midoriya from My Hero Academia and Lucky from the AC series, I did this for @/Midoriya (Riley) as a birthday present as he's a great friend of mine. 💚
Midoriya-Ft-Lucky.png

I keep forgetting to post the drawing I made for @/xSuperMario64x's 24th birthday lol. I did an experiment using coloured outlines as opposed to only using black. There are some improvements to be made for sure yes, but I still pretty much love the outcome featuring Sterling the silver fox and the bluebird of happiness plush with a glowing heart wand. Bug really values those two collectibles dearly. 😊
Bug-s-Birthday-Art-2023.png

DISCLAIMER: The following designs contain decals that are made by other people. Links to those decals will be provided to give credit. This disclaimer will always appear in each post that contains stuff that isn't made by me.

It's been almost a month since I initially created this new helmet design (though I made some small adjustments last night lol) to use in Gran Turismo 7! The one I've been using previously has had a good long run all the way back in GT Sport when I first got the game at the beginning of 2022. Without further ado, here it is!

Front
Gran Turismo® 7_20230623235150.jpg

I know the new design is heavily based off of the previous helmet design, but I thought it would be a nice way to branch out a bit and have my own creative interpretations! And yes, Pag-asa (left), Tazan, Sterling, and Kylie & Kodie are on the top of the visor lol. It's too good to just leave them out!

Side
Gran Turismo® 7_20230623235208.jpg

Back
Gran Turismo® 7_20230623235241.jpg

I think @/Roxxy would love this angle a lot. This is because that sometime last year, she made me a drawing of Blue from Blue's Clues which was a pleasant surprise for me. I thought to myself, "hey, I should make her drawing as a decal so I can basically immortalize it in a video game!" 💙🐾

Gran Turismo® 7_20230623235254.jpg

Whenever I'm out driving on the roads, I sometimes see some cars that have a creative take of a flag of the Philippines, with a few even adding a Canadian spice to it. In my case, I had my own interpretation of recreating the flag of the Philippines, except it takes shape in a form of a maple leaf signifying that I live in Canada (and also the country I was born in too)! 😁

While some of the custom decals I used here have already been featured in my previous posts in my art thread, I'll just drop down the new ones!

What I'd like to call "waves"
Green waves.png
Waves 3.png
Wave 4.png

Here's one that I call "green petals"
Green petals.png

Here's the Philippine maple leaf! I know the white part is blended in with the background, but click on it and you should see the whole thing clearly.
Canada - The Philippines.png

Did you know that if you hold up the flag of the Philippines vertically, the blue side must be on the left while the red side must be on the right? And when held horizontally, the red side must be on the bottom while the blue side must be on the top? 🇵🇭 These correct orientations in holding up the flag of the Philippines signify the times of peace. I had to fact check this numerous times to make sure.

Let's not forget Blue that we all know and love!
Blue Drawing by Roxxy.png

For those unaware, Roxxy and I were on the same team during the 2021 TBTWC forum event!
She deserves some credit too as she made this possible in the first place. 💜💙💜
1687625807604.png

Decals created by other users:
It requires a PSN account to view them for some reason as it's not a problem in GT Sport...
While my helmet design is nothing special, I still love the outcome of it. :)

This post is gonna get lengthy, so buckle up lol. It's been over a week since this year's celebrating diversity event wrapped up, so I'll post the drawing I made for my entry. I still very much love how it looks celebrating the various things that make us unique. 🥺
Celebrating-Diversity-2023.png

Here's the alternate version of just the jeepney itself!
Celebrating-Diversity-2023-Alt.png

If you like reading my small essays, you can find it in the spoiler below lol.
The vehicle you see here is a jeepney (or simply called "jeep") which is a form of transportation found in the Philippines. Since I like cars and have a Filipino background, I thought it'd be perfect that I draw this interesting vehicle! If you were to find a bunch of them, you'd notice that each one has a unique design in some way. It's basically a free for all ranging from a simple paint job to going all out on making their jeeps very flashy.

In my case, I wanted to design my jeep with an Animal Crossing aesthetic which is heavily inspired by the city tripper used in Mario Kart 8. I also took leaf tires from there as well, except I only used the wheel rims and not the grassy rubber lol. Mentioning a few other small details, the three badges on the sign call back to the forum events of 2021 TBTWC, 2021 Camp TBT, and the 2022 TBT Fair. Those events hold a special place in my heart for being memorable participating in numerous activities. There’s even a sneaky blue paw print on there too! I wonder where Blue is?

For my entry, I decided to use my animal villager OC Pag-asa the Philippine Eagle from last year's celebrating diversity event. This time, however, I also included the animal villagers of my friends! Tazan the tasmanian devil belongs to @/Midoriya (aka Riley), Sterling the silver fox belongs to @/xSuperMario64x (aka Bug), and Kylie & Kodie the kangaroos belong to @/Roxxy! Don’t worry, I asked them first before I included them haha. Speaking of which, why did they put them in? Well, it’s not just because they’re my friends, but because of our different life experiences which I believe are just as important in celebrating diversity. Also, it’s a good feeling to see country flags of USA (represented by Riley and Bug), UK (represented by Roxxy and her son), the Philippines (represented by me), and Canada (the country I was born in) on the jeep itself. I tried really hard to get those flags to look accurate to the real thing lol. 🇺🇸 🇬🇧 🇵🇭 🇨🇦

Tazan💚
Tazan had to work so hard in life to achieve what he has today. He may have stumbled many times, but he’ll always get back up and keep going. Tazan is very proud of the black belt he has achieved in martial arts. Let’s not forget that he tries to help others and give back whenever he can. Tazan has been a friend of Pag-asa for almost five years now and it's wonderful.

Kylie & Kodie💜💜
Kylie had to be strong for her son Kodie and fight against her weakness to overcome them. She’s also still got her dream of becoming a pilot someday and proving all the naysayers wrong. Kylie can be capable of many things once she musters up the strength to stay strong with Kodie helping her out along the way. They established a friendship with Pag-asa during the 2021 TBTWC event in which they were on the same team of Blue's Clues.

Sterling💛
Sterling has been through so much struggles in life dealing with issues I won’t go into out of respect. But one thing for sure, he’s an awesome silver fox that deserves to be listened to. He’s also transmasculine and omniromantic, and that’s okay. Sterling is so much more beyond his gender identity and orientation and it’s sad how people would discriminate against him and others in the LGBTQ+ community based on those traits alone. They’re missing out greatly as he’s very enthusiastic talking about his interests and generally being a rad silver fox.

Pag-asa💙
Of course, let’s not forget Pag-asa (did you know it means “hope” in Tagalog?). He was born in Canada and spent pretty much his whole life living there. Yes, he’s not too familiar with his own culture. Yes, he slips up quite a bit when trying to speak in Tagalog even though he tries his best. Yes, there are some foods from his culture that he’s not a big fan of (but at the same time has absolute favourites like chicken adobo for example!). Despite all of that, it doesn’t change the fact that Pag-asa is a Filipino. For some reason, it brings him a lot of happiness when he talks about cars and seeing recognizable ones in real life that appear in video games (more specifically the Gran Turismo series). He likes those four-wheeled vehicles so much that he’s actually went on to go to college on becoming a car mechanic!
There is one more thing to mention about Pag-asa, especially if you noticed the pan colours on his left cheek and the demiromantic bracelet on his left wing. He was questioning his romantic orientation for a few months but truth be told, he was in denial of being panromantic. It mainly comes down to the fact that he wasn’t being honest with himself and lacking self love which is something that he needed to work on. Along with Pag-asa thinking that he thought of being straight for his whole life, it left him pretty shocked too. Fast forward a few months later, he’s eventually come to accept with open arms that he’s panromantic while also discovering of being demiromantic in the process. Since then, Pag-asa has been feeling euphoric about his romantic orientation and having more self love. He didn’t want to tell his friends until very recently as he had to build up the courage first to do so. One thing for sure, Tazan, Sterling, Kylie & Kodie still accept Pag-asa for who he is as he’s so much more than that being a great friend and an awesome Philippine Eagle. 😊
I didn't mention it in my entry, but I actually had some experience riding in a jeepney quite a few times! The last time I've been on one was back in 2017 when I went to the Philippines with my family to stay with my relatives for a couple of months. First off, I need to say that it was cramped and doesn't take kindly to tall people. And I still had potential to grow taller at the time, so I imagine the experience wouldn't be any better now lol.
While I'm at it, I should post a few more things!
Colourful-Pag-asa.png
Even though I'm a straight male
That's what I said in a post just over a year ago (which funnily enough had something to do with LGBTQ+ stuff). Little did I know how wrong I was that I turned out being panromantic and demiromantic after all. 😂 Anyways, not long after I made a self discovery back in mid-May, I came up with a drawing idea that I would use for my signature during the month of June! Pag-asa wearing the pan flag as a cape while running after a butterfly with demiromantic colours looks adorable. I also attempted cel shading as it's not something I do often in my drawings! Rambling for a bit, Pag-asa is now over a year old since first creating him on June 23, 2022. He looked different back then, but I feel like he's becoming more true of who he is since then. And with my efforts of always trying to make dynamic poses in my drawings, Pag-asa is that more alive. 🦅🇵🇭

In my previous post, I showcased my new helmet design from Gran Turismo 7. Well, what if I told you that I had a slightly different version? With the running theme of this post, you could probably tell where this is going lol. I was able to incorporate those flag colours too!

Front
Gran Turismo® 7_20230626212441.jpg

Left
Gran Turismo® 7_20230626212507.jpg

Good thing a heart is all I needed to complete the demiromantic colours. 🖤

Right
Gran Turismo® 7_20230626212517.jpg

Back
Gran Turismo® 7_20230626212456.jpg

Aside from a small improvisation, I'm lucky that the individual flags only had three colours for me to work with haha. I'm definitely going to keep using this helmet design beyond pride month. Anyways, here are the decals I've used below. 😁 Yes, the white part is blended into the background again lol.
Panromantic waves.png
Demiromantic waves.png

Heart.png

I know June is about to wrap up, but it was great while it lasted (with a few other good things in general that happened as well!). And I still feel good coming out on TBT knowing that the community is accepting of others. 💙

Life's been busy, but I'm back with another finished drawing! Featuring Anthony who is the younger brother of Toby (and is one of the many OCs that @/xSuperMario64x created), he looks a lot like his older brother except he's a tad bit darker and wears orange clothing lol.
Anthony-drawing.png

Aaaaaaaaand Anthony is on the beetle livery now. It's also a good showcase to test against art lean! And him being amazed by the word "VOLKSWAAAAHGEN!!!"
Gran Turismo® 7_20230714215341.jpg

You probably seen it coming that I made a Smash Bros. Ultimate stock icon too!
Yes, it pretty much looks like a carbon copy of Toby's but as they say, work smarter, not harder.
Anthony SSBU Icon.png

Since Bug has created more Super Mario OCs which are Lenny and Artemis, I'll make drawings of them eventually in the future when I'm not too busy. I want to make sure the roster is complete, and I can't believe that it's almost been a year since I've originally finished the livery for Bug. It was a memorable ride that's for sure spending literally months making it. 😄

While it was very late for me to get this done, I made an art piece for @/Roxxy as a late birthday gift! I drew her AC character, but I also included her cat Brandy! They're both admiring the glowing moon wand that's for sure. 🌕 I gotta say, I really like the dynamic pose I did for Brandy!
Roxxy-Birthday-Art-2023.png

It wasn't the first time I made a birthday drawing for her as I did one a couple of years ago (back when my art skills weren't as stellar lol). Still featuring the two of them, they're both inside a plane! If you remember, Roxxy dreams to become a pilot and I wanted to reflect that in this old drawing in hopes that it'll come true one day. 💜💙💜
Roxxy-Birthday-Art.png

My art thread has been gathering dust for over a month now, but I'm back to present a new drawing! It's yet another one of @/xSuperMario64x's OCs inspired by the Super Mario series. It's Lenny the hammer bro! I'm happy with the way I drew his hands and the dynamic pose. 😁
Lenny-drawing.png

If you already seen some of my past posts, you already know what's coming up next. That's right, he's joined with many other characters on the livery! Though, he better be careful not to mess with Chomp King any further or else he'll have to face his wrath...​
Gran Turismo® 7_20230904202234.jpg

Of course, Lenny has a Smash Bros. Ultimate stock icon too! He's probably ready to fight too lol.
Lenny SSBU stock icon.png

I'm starting to run out of space on the back window and I have to do something about it soon oops.​
Gran Turismo® 7_20230904202248.jpg

In the future, I'll be doing Artemis next to fully complete Bug's Super Mario OCs roster! I wouldn't be surprised if he made another one down the line which means I have to make another update again. 😂

That's right, he's joined with many other characters on the livery! Though, he better be careful not to mess with Chomp King any further or else he'll have to face his wrath...
considering I just drew Mr Chomp King last night this gave me a good chuckle, hehehe 💛

I know I've already said this a thousand times, but I'll never not appreciate all the effort you've put into drawing my characters and making this livery. it's really incredible 🥺 also I'm excited to see how you decide to go about drawing Artemis haha 😌💕

Oh boy. It's been a while, and I got a piece of drawing I want to share not counting the one that I already posted in one of my "what are you happy about today?" posts lol.

This is a quick traditional drawing I made for @/xSuperMario64x when we finally got to meet each other in person! It features Azulo, Flynn, and Toucat which are three of Bug's many OCs! In case you're wondering why there's a blue rectangle, that's because I put my real name on there to make it more special for Bug and I don't really want to put it out there online.
Azulo, Flynn, and Toucat.png

Now I present to you a new drawing that took me over a month to do oops. A car drawing in fact! Haven't done these in quite a while and I'm pretty happy with the result. I tried my best to make it more dynamic this time around by drifting as opposed to just sitting in place in the void lol. The car you see here is a Lancia Stratos! AKA one of the many cars that appears in Gran Turismo 7 lol. The best part? It's NOT a Honda!
Lancia-Stratos.png

Oh, but I made an alternate version where the Stratos had its pop-up headlights open!
Lancia-Stratos-Alternate.png

I'm hoping to do more car drawings like this in the future. Doing cel shading on them feels so right for some reason. 😄

I haven't touched my art thread in months, but I finally got to draw at least something since January. Because of this, my drawing skills have gotten a bit rusty, but I still experimented with using a different brush to draw the outlines!

In my latest drawing, I drew my animal villager OC Pag-asa gifting his sweet heart balloon to his awesome friend Sterling (aka @/xSuperMario64x)! March 31st is International Trans Visibility Day, so I thought I'd whip up something quick for Bug to lift up his spirits. The spiky sun is being a trans ally and still appreciates Sterling for who he is regardless of how he identifies and expresses himself. 🏳️‍⚧️🤎
Sweet-Balloon.png

Back