Random small question

SL92

Bells
Arcade Tokens
I know Washington is a state, but I can't figure out what Washington DC is- Is it a state by itself or part of a larger state?

It's a district surrounded by Maryland and Virgina. It's not necessarily a state or province, it's a district like I said.

OddCrazyMe said:
It's a district surrounded by Maryland and Virgina. It's not necessarily a state or province, it's a district like I said.
Oh, so its neither

:p Thanks for answering that :lol:

Well, this big square of land was taken out of Maryland and Virginia, and then Virginia gave back their part of the land, which gives it its not square shape :p, so it was in Maryland (the land that is). It's just a city nothing else.

Super_Naruto said:
Well, this big square of land was taken out of Maryland and Virginia, and then Virginia gave back their part of the land, which gives it its not square shape :p, so it was in Maryland (the land that is). It's just a city nothing else.
I think they should just merge North Dakota and South Dakota and than make DC it's own state. Now THAT would be amazing and would stop confusion.

But that's only in my wildest dreams.

OddCrazyMe said:
Super_Naruto said:
I think they should just merge North Dakota and South Dakota and than make DC it's own state. Now THAT would be amazing and would stop confusion.

But that's only in my wildest dreams.
There's North and South Carolina though, too. They could merge them. ;P

Living 5 minute driving distance of D.C. I can tell you much more than you need to know. D.C. is neither (as already answered). It is governed like a city with the mayor being the top dude. It wants to be a state but the local states don't want to give up power. I personally think we should make it a state and simply just get rid of North Dokota all together because no one likes it. It sucks. It's an embarrassment.

I also think West Virginia should change it's name.

It's governed by the Senate isn't it? That's also probably why it's a pretty bad place to live. I don't remember which, but some constitutional amendment gave it's citizens the right to vote for president.

Mino said:
It's governed by the Senate isn't it? That's also probably why it's a pretty bad place to live. I don't remember which, but some constitutional amendment gave it's citizens the right to vote for president.
I'm pretty sure its by the Mayor. Because its not a state it just doesn't get any representation in Congress.

Back