Question.. Discussion... Whatever...

Toot

Bells
I'm so confused. I see the same thing here and on reddit.

Why do people need to post retardedly long requirements for taking a villager?

ex.
''I'm giving away Ankha for free. You must not sell her or TT her out. If she asks to move, give her away for free.''

Plus a few hundred other lines about some other BS...
What's the point of this? It's dumb imo. The villager you're giving away is out of your hair. Honestly, I wouldn't commit to something as tedious as that. Taking the game to that extent is superfluous. Why would someone expect another person to do so anyway? It's just dumb. Enlighten me?

Last edited:
Because they're literally taking profit from someone's kindness. Most people give away villagers so someone who wants them can have them for free. Ankha is tier 1 and goes for millions and I know people that would never pass up or sell a free Ankha

I just don't think it's right anyway

Because they're literally taking profit from someone's kindness. Most people give away villagers so someone who wants them can have them for free. Ankha is tier 1 and goes for millions and I know people that would never pass up or sell a free Ankha

I just don't think it's right anyway
It's still pointless. Who's to say they won't sell her anyway. They could make a page long speech saying how she's a dreamie, but if they see something of higher value, whose to say they won't sell her to go for the bigger prize? Even if they were to sell her or just keep her forever, what happens in their town is their business, no? If the person who gave her away has a problem, they can't really do anything about it.

Maybe something's going over my head, but this still sounds really dumb.

>retardedly long requirements
>a few sentences
>??????
("must not TT her out"? never seen that because it can be unavoidable at times)

really dude why is it a big deal to you? its not JUST getting that villager out of your hair, is giving them to a good home
i dont give people villagers who will turn around and sell them. i gave that villager for free, with the notion that that person would love and take care of them. if they sell them, theyre on my ****list. yeah its their town, but this is a community and what you do affects those around you.

inb4 "U TAEK DIS GAEM 2 SRSLY" lmfao

Last edited:
I must be in the minority, I could care less what happens to the villagers once they leave my town. I always thought once someone takes a villager from me, whether free or sold, they're free to do what they want with them. I've given away quite a few of the popular villagers, & never thought to attach conditions on it.

I don't think it's "********" (why even use that word...?) to have requirements like that.

The reason why some people put up the "don't re-sell" thing is because if they're giving out villagers for free, they want to make sure that villager goes to someone who wants that villager because they like it, instead of giving it out to someone who just wants it to make a profit. There's obviously no guarantee and people can lie but I don't see why not put it up.

Plus, I guess some people really care about their villagers and what happens to them after they move out of their game. That's not better or worse than not caring.

I don't have a strong opinion either way but it's just like anything else about this game. Everyone has different preferences and ways of doing stuff. If you don't like people who have requirements when giving away villagers for free, find someone who truly doesn't care.

really dude why is it a big deal to you?

It's not a big deal at all. I'm just trying to find out why. :p

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't think it's "********" (why even use that word...?) to have requirements like that.

Not really sure why I used it, but at the time it seemed most accurate.

The reason why some people put up the "don't re-sell" thing is because if they're giving out villagers for free, they want to make sure that villager goes to someone who wants that villager because they like it, instead of giving it out to someone who just wants it to make a profit. There's obviously no guarantee and people can lie but I don't see why not put it up.

Plus, I guess some people really care about their villagers and what happens to them after they move out of their game. That's not better or worse than not caring.

I don't have a strong opinion either way but it's just like anything else about this game. Everyone has different preferences and ways of doing stuff. If you don't like people who have requirements when giving away villagers for free, find someone who truly doesn't care.

This is what I was looking for. An actual answer. Although I don't think my OP was taken in the right way. As in you guys probably mistook what I was saying as degrading or something like that. lol

Back