katie.

Bells
Switch
1827-3218-0503
Red Candy
Cake
Yellow Candy
Chocolate Cake
Hii sorry if this is a really dumb question...

what steps do I have to do to get peoples homes via spotpass? (apart from turning the spotpass feature on)

Nothing! Nintendo automatically sends out homes to people with SpotPass. However, America has gotten wayy more houses than Europe, which is why you probably don't have many. It's Nintendo of Europe's fault, Nintendo of America has been more quick about it.

soo when I leave my house I just press the power button to go into sleep mode right?

You power up and close your 3DS on the Home Menu. Like I said, Europe has gotten only like, one or two houses while America's gotten 10~, so it will take a while for a new house to come.

thanks! so I can't pick up a strangers house when I pass them by?

Nothing! Nintendo automatically sends out homes to people with SpotPass. However, America has gotten wayy more houses than Europe, which is why you probably don't have many. It's Nintendo of Europe's fault, Nintendo of America has been more quick about it.
yes it's right
I'm European and the only house that I have received it's a pikmin themed one

Last edited:
You get people's homes via streetpass :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Spotpass is where you get items like rainbow screen and palm tree lamp

Last edited:
I think you're mixing up terminologies.
SpotPass is when your 3DS downloads data relevant to whatever games you have when it's connected to the internet.

What you're thinking of is StreetPass, which allows 3DS users to exchange information with each other. In this case, yes, all you have to do is to close your 3DS while it's powered on and with the wireless switch toggled on.

You get people's homes via streetpass :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Spotpass is where you get items like rainbow screen and palm tree lamp
^ No, you can get some Exclusive themed houses from Spotpass too.
(Not that often but it happens)

Last edited:
yes! streetpass! i meant streetpass! soo sorry for the confusion. thanks!

I think you need to have spoken with Digby before streetpass is enabled for the game, and also you have to have loaded up Mii Plaza. You've probably done both, but I thought I'd mention it, just in case :)

Back