Question about resetting

theordinarygatby

Bells
Hey guys,

So I just started playing New Leaf over winter break and so far I'm a couple weeks in with a few house and shop upgrades.

When I first started the game, I thought it would be convenient to put my house pretty close to Town Hall, since I'd be just a few steps away from the office. However, I really regret that now. I barely left myself any room for any exterior decorations.

What I really want is to have a small orchard and garden surrounding my house, but the placement of my house just won't allow that.

So I'm thinking of resetting the game. However, I'm really worried about losing all the furniture I accumulated (it's a lot).

I have a friend with the game, so I could dump some furniture over in her town. But since it's a lot, I was thinking...

If I put all my furniture in my dresser (it's enough to fill the thing up) and then left the dresser in her town, will all the furniture inside save with it?

The whole furniture situation is the only real thing stopping me from resetting. Thanks guys!

No it doesn't work like that. Your friend can however make an alt character in her town and use the storage of that character to hold your items.

No, but like poster above said, you can just use your friend's extra storage space (on an alt. character or whatever)

Last edited:
Would I have to manually go back and forth between both towns to load and unload the furniture though? Or you know how you can access your storage in another person's town, could I just dump it all at once like that?

The way I would think to do it, is to put as much as you can in your locker to fill it up. Your locker is in the train station. Then have your friend make a alt character, just so the alt characters storage can be used while you reset. They can delete the alt character when you're done and have everything back in your new town, if they don't want to keep it. When they are playing with their alt character (after they have created it and saved the game) go to their town. Then start taking your stuff out of the locker and drop it in front of the train station, and while you're doing that, your friend can pick it up and go into the train station and put it in their locker. With each new alt character you get fresh locker space, so your friend doesn't have to worry about not having enough room. Then when you have reset, do the same in reverse to get your stuff back.

That's the quickest way I can think to do it anyway. :)

Back