• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Pokémon Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion

b3c9d2_6057980.jpg
XD that so true
tumblr_oc7apgKmOn1uft7iwo1_500.jpg

Clearly you are since it's dying

I had such a big argument with someone over this once. Which is ironic, because I supported that dying was the correct spelling.

I mean yes you are right I am in need of help because death is approaching and I can't think straight.

So I don't like how pikipek turned out. I was hoping for an actual cool woodpecker not a goofy Toucan Sam.

Last edited:
Cosmog is adorable. I must protect it.

Also, the Battle Tree seems really fun. Hopefully the PWT but way better and more extensive? I just hope that I can battle (and destroy) past champions, rivals, gym leaders, and evil team leaders alike.

Max Attack investment Lickilicky with STAB base 250 power Explosion Z-Move.

Max Attack investment Mega Rayquaza with STAB base 120 power Dragon Ascent Z-Move.

Oh boi...

Max Attack investment Lickilicky with STAB base 250 power Explosion Z-Move.

Max Attack investment Mega Rayquaza with STAB base 120 power Dragon Ascent Z-Move.

Oh boi...

It looks like Z-Moves are basically just nukes then. Seems an interesting concept to add to the pokemon battle structure. It's going to put a lot of pressure on support teams who have fairly weak defenses.

Yes it is only one use but take out someone's reflect/light screen user before they can set up and that can be a heavy loss.

Last edited:
Cosmog is adorable. I must protect it.

Also, the Battle Tree seems really fun. Hopefully the PWT but way better and more extensive? I just hope that I can battle (and destroy) past champions, rivals, gym leaders, and evil team leaders alike.

Lol you as the player automatically destroy everyone because well, you're the player. I just hope that they make it somewhat challenging. Everyone hates the Battle Maison but if you get far enough, the difficulty jump is big.

Lol you as the player automatically destroy everyone because well, you're the player. I just hope that they make it somewhat challenging. Everyone hates the Battle Maison but if you get far enough, the difficulty jump is big.

And by difficulty jump I assume you're referring to blatant AI cheating

I've noticed that there hardly ever seems to be an "in-between" difficulty when it comes to Pokemon. It's either too easy and provides no challenge, or it's way too hard and you have to spend hours grinding levels. Kinda annoying imo, especially if you're like me and try to train everyone evenly only to be hit with a big level jump next gym.

I was replaying HeartGold not long ago and I swear the gym leaders got way too lucky with criticals. That and every "low chance of status" was "100% chance of status".

Yes lol! :'D I don't know too much about that sorta stuff, but it is possible for them to increase the AI so that it feels like your fighting an actual person? Always been interested in those how those actually work!

I just really really hope that Sun and Moon won't be a cakewalk like X and Y were. (Exp. Share and Elite Four, not to mention the Champion was a total joke) I'm looking for a challenge! Something along the likes of Black and White 2 difficulty settings. Hard fights, smart AI that actually switch out, 3 base catch rate for the Legends, things like that!

I just really really hope that Sun and Moon won't be a cakewalk like X and Y were. (Exp. Share and Elite Four, not to mention the Champion was a total joke) I'm looking for a challenge! Something along the likes of Black and White 2 difficulty settings. Hard fights, smart AI that actually switch out, 3 base catch rate for the Legends, things like that!

I was watching Vinesauce's stream of Pok?mon X and the NPC trainers do switch out. As a matter of fact, one of the NPC trainers switched their Sap Sipper Skiddo into a Grass-type move. Still though, I've never encountered something like that in the six times I played through that entire game... so it is definitely something that can still be improved on. I agree with everything else as well, X and Y really didn't have any memorable fights.

I really wouldn't mind real-player-level NPCs late in the game for more of a challenge, basically something to work towards. I really just want to be able to get through the story without much trouble especially since there are all kinds of new features and of course Pokemon I have to learn how to use.

I was watching this video and just for fun, I decided to turn on subtitles, switch from Japanese to English (auto-translated) and wow it was bad. At what point it claimed the narrator said North Korea. That's hilarious and awful at the same time.

Back