• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Pokémon Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion

It says Ilima. That's the fifth Trial Captain, whose name was revealed in the recent UK trailer.

Ilima is the fifth trial captain? I thought I saw Serebii state that she was the first?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, did anyone else notice Galdion at the bottom of the Type: Null page holding those plate like things?

Last edited:
Ilima is the fifth trial captain? I thought I saw Serebii state that she was the first?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, did anyone else notice Galdion at the bottom of the Type: Null page holding those plate like things?

5th revealed. But yes he is the first Trial Captain

- - - Post Merge - - -

Well there is certainly more Pokemon early on we do not know about.

Shes the first trial captain or amongst the first four, I'm guessing they will be a bug, rock, normal and flying. I don't know why though....

Last edited:
Shes the first trial captain or one of the four first ones, I'm guessing there will be a bug, rock, normal and flying. I don't know why though....

I think she's normal becuase in the leaks, she's placed next to a Gumshoos, who is one of the Totem Pokemon of Melemele Island, Now if each Totem Pokemon is typed after the trial, it would make perfect sense if she was Normal! Mallow's Trial takes place in Lush Jungle on Akala Island; her Totem Pokemon is Lurantis which is also located in Lush Jungle. That also means we can assume Lana's Totem Pokemon is Wishiwashi as she does state that theres a fearsome Pokemon that causes vigourous splashing. Who's fearsome? Wishiwashi!

Ilima is a Normal Type Trial Captain who's trial takes place in Verdant Cave on Melemele Island; Her Totem Pokemon is Gumshoos or Raticatewhich also makes perfect sense!

I think she's normal becuase in the leaks, she's placed next to a Gumshoos, who is one of the Totem Pokemon of Melemele Island, Now if each Totem Pokemon is typed after the trial, it would make perfect sense if she was Normal! Mallow's Trial takes place in Lush Jungle on Akala Island; her Totem Pokemon is Lurantis which is also located in Lush Jungle. That also means we can assume Lana's Totem Pokemon is Wishiwashi as she does state that theres a fearsome Pokemon that causes vigourous splashing. Who's fearsome? Wishiwashi!

Ilima is a Normal Type Trial Captain who's trial takes place in Verdant Cave on Melemele Island; Her Totem Pokemon is Gumshoos or Raticatewhich also makes perfect sense!

Indeed. c:

There's also a a moth called the Catocala Ilia which comes to mind. But hey, the normal type association makes more sense to me as well. c:

I was really hoping mega evolution was gone but other than that it looks like they're making competitive a lot more accessible which is great

wp_ss_20161014_0001.jpg

Stream on the 23rd! The same stream that revealed Mega Rayquaza for ORAS!

Last edited:
YES YES YES!!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I was right about Ilima!

A new release of information has come for Pok?mon Sun & Moon. We're currently compiling all the information from the trailer so keep checking back
First, Silvally is revealed as Silvadi's English name with its ability RKS System
Jangmo-o's evolutions are Hakamo-o and Kommo-o respectively, both retaining Bulletproof and Soundproof. Kommo-o has a unique move, Changing Scales which does a lot of damage but lowers its own Defense
Bounsweet evolves into Steenee, which is Grass-type with the abilities Leaf Guard and Oblivious, which then evolves into Tsareena which is also Grass-type with the ability Leaf Guard and Queenly Majesty, which blocks Priority moves. It has unique move called Trop Kick which does damage and lowers the opponent's Attack
Finally, Cutiefly's evolution is called Ribombee, which is Bug/Fairy-type and the abilities Honey Gather and Shield Dust Next, Alolan Muk is also revealed, with both it and Grimer having the abilities Poison Touch and Gluttony
New trainers are also revealed including Olivia, the Kahuna of Akala Island and Ilmia
Footage

Last edited:
The designs feel like Gen 5 but better...still, none of them immediately appeal to me. I am however very intrigued by this game.

Rainbow muk was the best WTF moment.

Last edited:
I wonder if Kommo-o's unique move is similar to Close Combat in power with him getting a defence drop like that. I kind of hope he's not the Pseudo legendary either, just so we still have something else big and powerful to look forward to.

Back