Pokémon Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion

I'm going with Team Rowlet Moon. (You know what i'm referring to, right?)

Same, we could easily have Grass/Flying, Fire/Dark, and Water/Ice this time around.
I think different. I see Popplio having the Fighting type added. I don't know why. It is a Sea Lion Pokemon, and Sea Lions can perform tricks after all. I understand why Litten works as a Fire/Dark type. And I was expecting Rowlet to be a Grass/Psychic type. I don't know why. Maybe when it evolves it'll get rid of the Flying types, but it'll be more vulnerable to attacks.

I think its gonna be Grass/Psychic, Fire/Dark, and Water/Fighting. Its probably going to be like 6th gen all over again. I don't know why your suggestion is a perfect choice, maybe its got something to do with the 2nd typing trying to defend the Pokemon that is super effective to its first typing. But what's Litten going to do with the 2nd type weakness? I get Rowlet and Popplio, but Litten tho. Maybe its going to be *gulp!* another Fire/Fighting type. If that's true were going to be screwed, big time. Because its GOING TO BE ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE INFAMOUS FIRE/FIGHTING STARTER TYPE STARTERS!!! :mad:

Here's how the weaknesses are going to work out:

Grass/Flying.
Water/Ice stands no chance against it (It can a little bit). Yet, for Fire/Fighting, Grass/Flying can defend and offend thanks to its added Flying type, it only has to be careful about the Fire typing. Or if its Fire/Dark, it kinda doesn't.

Fire/Fighting|Fire/Dark

If Fire/Fighting. Grass/Flying can be hurt, or it can fight back. Water/Ice would be a face to face, because you know what water does against fire. But the Fighting type can demolish the Ice type.
If Fire/Dark, there's nothing the Dark type can do, just be defenseless against the other dual types.

Water/Ice.

Its going down with a fight on Grass/Flying. With the Flying type added, the Ice type can take it down easily. On the other hand, the added Flying type can do normal damage to the Water/Ice type, but Grass type does a little better. The only thing is, Grass/Flying always looses.
The same happens with Fire/Fighting, yet its totally different. You see, as I said before, water can take down fire. But the Fighting type can take it out due to it having the Ice type. The only thing the Water/Ice type Pokemon can do is use its Water type to try to take it down.
Or, if its Fire/Dark. Water/Ice is fine, nuff said.

So yes, Fire/Fighting might feel like a monstrosity. But if it wants to be defended, it'll have to be this way. Or if its going to be a Fire/Dark type, he's going to have some trouble with the Water/Ice type. Yet, will be fine with Grass/Flying.

Wow, that's long. I never thought I would be so descriptive on what I just done. :eek:

Last edited:
I am so hyped for this game now! I always was a little bit but I'm even more hyped now.

Just hope they include difficulty settings this time round as I find the new games way too easy even with restrictions (ie don't use megas, leave Exp Share Off and no grinding unless needed). Keep an easy setting for those who like the difficultly the games are at nowadays but add a hard setting for us veterans how want a nice challenge.

Litten looks so cute imo, im a cat person lol. What starters are your faves?
Im so hyped for the character models, and I hope we get customization and at least 90 new pokemon.

Also, Im having a bad hard time picking nicknames for Litten. Any suggestions for either/both genders? I think maybe Grumpy (gender neutral) or Kasai (gender neutral as well)

I think i'm either going to name it Fishsticks (the original name of the grumpy cat) or my real cat's name

- - - Post Merge - - -

I am so hyped for this game now! I always was a little bit but I'm even more hyped now.

Just hope they include difficulty settings this time round as I find the new games way too easy even with restrictions (ie don't use megas, leave Exp Share Off and no grinding unless needed). Keep an easy setting for those who like the difficultly the games are at nowadays but add a hard setting for us veterans how want a nice challenge.

also, thats a really good idea, but i don't think thats going to happen :(

I'm loving the lighter of the two dark skin tones choice for the character (see my avatar) it's super cute. I myself am not dark skinned but I really like that tone plus I feel like it suits the tropical region the game is set in.

That is how I felt. I would normally pick the second one (if I remember the order correctly) but for some reason I was drawn towards the third one. I thought that it must have been because of the region and stuff that its taken place in.

I think Litten is going to be Fire/Poison.

Its fur is coated in a flammable oil and the marking on its head, mixed with its eye, make a symbol for sulphur

I keep seeing people say the region is too small.

I would be more inclined to agree with them if Hawaii was just one island, but it isn't! I'm sure there will be others.

EDIT: I should clarify, I don't mean people here.

Last edited:
I'm going to cry if some of my favorite Pokemon can't be found in Moon. (Growlithe my bb)

I mean trading is fine but I like to catch them in the game and train them myself...

I keep seeing people say the region is too small.

I would be more inclined to agree with them if Hawaii was just one island, but it isn't! I'm sure there will be others.

EDIT: I should clarify, I don't mean people here.

Gamexplain bought that up in this :p

Last edited:
....If Popplio has water/ice for its final evolution and Rowley aka the bae...is grass/flying....would it not make sense to make Litten Fire/fighting for its final evolution?

I really want Litten to be a fire/dark type. Its design just screams dark type to me, and its evolutions would have a lot of potential.

....If Popplio has water/ice for its final evolution and Rowley aka the bae...is grass/flying....would it not make sense to make Litten Fire/fighting for its final evolution?
That's what i'm saying. But I'm positive Poppilo's final stage is going to have the types, Water/Fighting.

Is it just me or did the map look... kinda small? like I don't believe you can have a whole region that size.

For what its worth, I see some cool things in here. Like that the moon legendary looks like a dream catcher. I actually kinda think it teeters on being too gimmicky, but I think it works and I like the design actually. I agree with Jake the starters just don't look right, don't feel like starters. I think the cat one is gonna be most interesting, I've been dying to see a cat related pokemon that is useable and I like how the red spikes come out of its back when it uses moves. The Owl is adorable, I like the leaf bow tie and the one coming out of its butt. The seal though looks dopey af.... I do not like it, not to mention we have seal related pokemon already! its cooler when it stands with its fins on its "hips" but resting it looks dumb. I will have to see final evolutions to see who I'd pick.

Also the owl and cat are mostly night time animals irl, so I think were gonna be in for more nocturnal based pokemon. Calling it now, a Poison Possum pokemon

I'm thinking there will be several islands with this region.

A thing worth noting is how small the region really is. Take a look at this full sized map:

alola.jpg

The path just above that house on the beach is most likely where we first see Kukui in the trailer, and the path up to where that balcony is (just follow the path and you should find we see the balcony the professor throws the pokemon on) and then thats where the starting point is.

If you take a close enough look at the map, you should be able to see that theres only 2 red roofs, aka the pokemon centers. This is wayyyy too small for there to be only 2 pokemon centers, so this should support the fact theres probably other islands. This is hawaii, afterall. Theres also a very small chance of this actually holding all 8 gyms on this tiny little island.

Take a look at this map of Hawaii. The island Oahu looks very similar to Alola region, and on the Oahu island, the placement of Honolulu mimics where we see the city on the map of Alola above.

0f59f5d339f5c788645a2f1c3e588239.gif

Coincidence? I think not. I think that each island is probably going to hold 1-3 pokemon gyms each.

Also, i only learned most of this from Gamexplain's analysis video.

I am getting a bit tired of Fire/Fighting. We already have Blaziken and Infernape and Emboar as Fire/Fighting. I am hoping it is Fire Dark.

On another note, I want to see the rest of the new pok?mon and see which ones are perfect to call Lilo and Stitch for double battles. I know Lilligant can be Lilo or Nani. But I still need someone for Stitch. It would be amazing if someone could help me make a Lilo and Stitch team due to the region being in Hawaii. :D

- - - Post Merge - - -

A thing worth noting is how small the region really is. Take a look at this full sized map:

alola.jpg

The path just above that house on the beach is most likely where we first see Kukui in the trailer, and the path up to where that balcony is (just follow the path and you should find we see the balcony the professor throws the pokemon on) and then thats where the starting point is.

If you take a close enough look at the map, you should be able to see that theres only 2 red roofs, aka the pokemon centers. This is wayyyy too small for there to be only 2 pokemon centers, so this should support the fact theres probably other islands. This is hawaii, afterall. Theres also a very small chance of this actually holding all 8 gyms on this tiny little island.

Take a look at this map of Hawaii. The island Oahu looks very similar to Alola region, and on the Oahu island, the placement of Honolulu mimics where we see the city on the map of Alola above.

Coincidence? I think not. I think that each island is probably going to hold 1-3 pokemon gyms each.

This is quite an interesting explanation. I did not even realized there where only 2 pok?mon centers on the map they show. If it is how you say with many island, It would be as interesting as the Orange Island then.

alola.jpg

I hope there's at least 8 islands for each gym but that's probably wishful thinking XD I also watched that video and I'm just so excited to see how beautiful and big the first island is. It's such a nice change from the tiny square starter towns and I hope the rest are just as pleasant.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm confused though. Is this gen 6.5 or 7? Whatever happened to those Zygarde forms?

Back