Plot Resetting is still annoying

ILikeFroakies

Bells
Tasty Cake
Even though they updated plot resetting to not spawn on paths it's still ridiculous. Despite having 4 3x3 spaces open (with a gap for a door), my villagers have been moving in on top of items I had lying around since I didn't have any enough space to put in my house since they're for my alts I plan to make. This is incredibly annoying because most were unorderables so I simply can't get them easily.

NOT HAPPY!

Yeah unfortunately items don’t block off areas, only QRs. You will have to move all your items to the beach and cover your whole town if you want to be 100% successful, as tedious as that sounds. Villagers also don’t move into areas that are too close to cliffs, plaza, buildings, other villagers, etc. So I agree it’s still very annoying lol.

Cant you time travel back a day and place down those QR paths you missed?

Last edited:
Cant you time travel back a day and place down those QR paths you missed?

Yes, I've done this before. As long as you played the prior day and have not logged on with an existing character or saved, you can go back to the prior day and lay down more patterns. The game doesn't see it as time traveling back a day because you've never saved after the time rolled over to the next day, so it just views it as if you never left that day.

Unfortunately, to make plot resetting really easy, you do need to cover any 3x3 space where you don't want villagers to move with patterns. You don't need full coverage, but there has to be at least 1 pattern in the space to block them. If you can move a few of your items to the cobblestone areas, the beach, save them in letters, or just keep some in your pockets for the time being, you might be able to strategically place enough patterns down to force them into the plots you want.

Good luck! It is still a painful process.

I've lost most of them so it doesn't really matter. I'll just make up a list of what I still need and luckily there are some lovely shops on this site to buy the items back!

Also, don't the missing items end up in the police station? If you have the station, check there! If not, then I guess there's nothing you can do :( But yeah, like you said, you could buy the items back from the many shops on these forums :)

Last edited:
Back