• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Penny Board vs. Long Board

Th3 Mayor

Bells
Mailbox
20 Envelopes
I need help deciding in which one to get. Can anyone list pros and cons of both?

Last edited:
They're totally different. What do you want your board for?

Penny boards are ment to get around easily in urban areas, roll roads and sidewalks. They're light, cheap and convenient. But you can't do much more than roll around in them, and they're dangerous at high speeds, and they break fairly easily if you use them for anything other than rolling around.

Long boards are pretty awful for everyday use and city circulation, they're made for high speed on large, empty straight roads and when you get better at it, turns. They're a lot more comfortable though,and more sturdy, but also more expensive, + grip care and whatnot and harder to master.

Tl;dr it depends what you want the board for.

They're totally different. What do you want your board for?

Penny boards are ment to get around easily in urban areas, roll roads and sidewalks. They're light, cheap and convenient. But you can't do much more than roll around in them, and they're dangerous at high speeds, and they break fairly easily if you use them for anything other than rolling around.

Long boards are pretty awful for everyday use and city circulation, they're made for high speed on large, empty straight roads and when you get better at it, turns. They're a lot more comfortable though,and more sturdy, but also more expensive, + grip care and whatnot and harder to master.

Tl;dr it depends what you want the board for.

Thanks! I probably just get a penny board to get around everyday and because my parents are pretty cheap. :p

penny boards are nice :)
if i was to try skateboarding i would get a penny board
( ive seen people with long boards, they look hard to control xD )

Thanks! I probably just get a penny board to get around everyday and because my parents are pretty cheap. :p

Do you skateboard at all? If not I would suggest a regular skateboard to start really, even a super cheap one. They are the most stable and best to begin by far. Penny boards can be pretty frustrating for someone who doesn't skateboard at all, they escape easily and you will most probably fall on your butt a lot at first.

Don't know what a penny board is compared to a regular skateboard. I like long boards better. I don't have one but my friend let me use hers and I learned how to ride it. Sorta. Lots of falls in the learning process.

I took it down a long bike trail and there was a slope and I went down it on the longboard and I went way too fast and I panicked and stepped off and started rolling down. It hurt but not really. Just some scrapes.

Anyways Titi sounds like the board expert here. Take his (or her?) Advice

It really depends what long board too. My bf has 5 and I have 2 and they all function differently like some are for cruising, some are for tricks, and some are for high speed downhills

Back