• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Path Thoughts?

Peebers

ricardio
Bells
Isabelle
Tasty Cake
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Cake
So this is my rough draft for my town's path. It looks okay, but I do want tips from you guys! :p

What do you think? Opinions, etc?

qUwSaPo.png

Definitely hectic! Do you think I should add paths behind building or leave them be?

I agree with Peony, but it depends on what for look you're going for, ofcourse. I can imagine that if you were going for a forrest look that your layout in particular would look amazing.

I wouldn't bother putting paths behind buildings since you can't see them anyway.

Thanks for your input! :D

- - - Post Merge - - -

I agree with Peony, but it depends on what for look you're going for, ofcourse. I can imagine that if you were going for a forrest look that your layout in particular would look amazing.

Actually, I am going for a more natural, forest look with flowers, trees, etc.

Actually, I am going for a more natural, forest look with flowers, trees, etc.

I wish I had my theme that together even in my head. then maybe I wouldn't have robbed a billion flowers from the island and just put them everywhere and made a hot mess :mad: but as for a forest look, you could add little secret path-made areas and little secret gardens and stuff that aren't on the paths for fun!

I wish I had my theme that together even in my head. then maybe I wouldn't have robbed a billion flowers from the island and just put them everywhere and made a hot mess :mad: but as for a forest look, you could add little secret path-made areas and little secret gardens and stuff that aren't on the paths for fun!

There is still hope for your delicious town! You could ask somebody to hold the flowers while you re-do the landscaping and such :p

OHHMYYGOOSSH GREAT IDEA :D YOU GENIUS, YOU.

There is still hope for your delicious town! You could ask somebody to hold the flowers while you re-do the landscaping and such :p

OHHMYYGOOSSH GREAT IDEA :D YOU GENIUS, YOU.

no they're not hybrids or anything, they're literally just random flowers I grabbed from the island so they multiplied and now they're EVERYWHERE. :rolleyes: and after some town neglect there's holes everywhere too. such a pain

I was going to suggest not putting any paths around the campsite, as I like to think of it as an out of the way, forest-y area, but if you're going for a forest themed town, it could work with a more natural themed pathway :)

no they're not hybrids or anything, they're literally just random flowers I grabbed from the island so they multiplied and now they're EVERYWHERE. :rolleyes: and after some town neglect there's holes everywhere too. such a pain

I could help cover up yo' holes! (that sounds so wrong omg)

I feel for you. I feel your pain ;_; Last week or so, I grabbed all the flower in my town and just put then in one area of my town. needless to say, THEY ARE EVERYWHERE NOW. altho i grabbed most of them and sold it to reese :v

- - - Post Merge - - -

I was going to suggest not putting any paths around the campsite, as I like to think of it as an out of the way, forest-y area, but if you're going for a forest themed town, it could work with a more natural themed pathway :)

Ahh ok! I think I'll just let a path trail off a few squares before the campsite then transition to tree stumps and flowers and treeessss O u O

And yea, I was looking for nature-y pathways! I'm currently looking at some brick ones, although I'm still not sure. Suggestions? c:

Why don't you move all your flowers to the beach? on the train station board there's a thread where people help you with whatever chores you need done in your town, you should post there.
also, here are some paths and qr codes!
http://umekozaru.tumblr.com/post/114216308301/yay-single-wide-version-of-my-sun-warmed

http://floatingpresents.tumblr.com/post/113240639464/stepping-stone-qr-codes-for-dirt-patches-dirt-is

TTHHHAANNK! I've been looking for a single path and this is perf <3

Also I don't really wanna put my flowers on the beach :p I have lots of land in my town tho, so I'll do my best to use that! C:

So this is my rough draft for my town's path. It looks okay, but I do want tips from you guys! :p

What do you think? Opinions, etc?

qUwSaPo.png

wow that is a ton of paths! But it looks great! I'm also doing a Forest themed town but your layout looks so amazing :3

It does look like a lot of paths to me, but then again I just plop mine down where I need a path and have never drawn them out before. I think it would be time consuming to put paths down behind buildings where you won't see them, though. I would take that into consideration if you're worried about the time commitment at all. Even if you're not, I would try it without first and then see if they're needed or not.

This looks great!
This suggestion may be a lot of work but maybe go for making small grass wear paths for that natural dirt path look? It doesn't have to be leading everywhere but like behind buildings maybe?

Back