• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! We'll announce the winners for our Master Ball raffle and distribute your hard-earned arcade tokens soon.

Orchard Help

star-girl

Bells
I true to make an orchard. I planted the trees like this:

x x x x

x x x x

x x x x

x x x x

But when I planted them, two tree didn't grow. The O represents the ones thy didn't grow.

o x x x

x x o x

x x x x

x x x x

Why'd this happen? I tried to plant them again but they STILL died... :(

I think some places they just don't want to grow. I have a few spots like that where a tree just doesn't want to grow.

Those are places where fossils, gyroids, pitfalls, and special characters spawn. They just don't grown in those spots.

you never need to water any trees. cedar trees only grow above the cliff part of your town. and you have to be able to dig a hole around all 9 spaces the tree is next to. (not including flowers)

star-girl said:
If I water them too much they'll die to...

Any ideas on how to MAKE them grow besides that?
First of all, this has nothing to do with watering. Trees either grow or don't grow, water does nothing to help. Also, there is no such thing as watering too much. You could water the same flower a hundred times in a single day with no adverse effects.
There are special points in town, as pear said, that simply will not grow trees. Other times, though, you just get a stubborn spot. Try this... if it fails, then you have a spot that simply won't grow. Plant your native fruit in that spot. Wait to see if that grows. Your native fruit has a higher chance of growing than foreign fruit do. If they successfully grow, chop the trees down, dig the stumps, and then plant the foreign fruit you want in the holes. Foreign fruit will always successfully grow when planted in the hole where a stump was just uprooted.
This should eliminate the chance that it was just bad luck so far. If the native fruit won't grow there, then nothing will.

crakgenius said:
star-girl said:
If I water them too much they'll die to...

Any ideas on how to MAKE them grow besides that?
First of all, this has nothing to do with watering. Trees either grow or don't grow, water does nothing to help. Also, there is no such thing as watering too much. You could water the same flower a hundred times in a single day with no adverse effects.
There are special points in town, as pear said, that simply will not grow trees. Other times, though, you just get a stubborn spot. Try this... if it fails, then you have a spot that simply won't grow. Plant your native fruit in that spot. Wait to see if that grows. Your native fruit has a higher chance of growing than foreign fruit do. If they successfully grow, chop the trees down, dig the stumps, and then plant the foreign fruit you want in the holes. Foreign fruit will always successfully grow when planted in the hole where a stump was just uprooted.
This should eliminate the chance that it was just bad luck so far. If the native fruit won't grow there, then nothing will.
Thanks! :D

There are random squares around town where a tree can't grow.

You don't need to water trees.

I had this problem a few times. Just leave it.
It won't matter too much if you can't have a tree there.

pear40 said:
Those are places where fossils, gyroids, pitfalls, and special characters spawn. They just don't grown in those spots.
This^^

That happened me before too! ^_^

Back