Mafia Official TBT Mafia General Thread - Game Types/Bans/Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never been Mafia, so I would take this offer for the lols.

Personally, I loved playing as mafia, albeit I did lose. As a townie I never really felt important, and I wasn't even involved in the game that much. Atleast as a blue role I could be important, and when I was blue I was heavily involved in the game. Same with mafia~~

Toying with the idea of adding the lyncher and gunsmith to my mafia game and possibly removing the Veterans in favor of some of the other more common power roles (or just increasing the greens). So far it's setup to be closed role (though some blues will be named, so watch how you claim reds), two mafia teams, and the lyncher would be third party. With just knowing this, does it seem kind of balanced to you?

IE:
3-4 man Mafia Teams (Godfather, Goons/Blockers)
1 Lyncher
1 Confirmed Inno
?? Blues ( 2 Jacks, 1 Doc, 1 Bodyguard, 1 Combat Medic [IRC Mafia role - Vig/Doc Combo], 1 Cop, 1 Crooked Role Cop, Vig/Tracker Combo)
?? Town

Like I said it's all a work in progress, but I just wanted some outside opinions on how balanced this seems.

Toying with the idea of adding the lyncher and gunsmith to my mafia game and possibly removing the Veterans in favor of some of the other more common power roles (or just increasing the greens). So far it's setup to be closed role (though some blues will be named, so watch how you claim reds), two mafia teams, and the lyncher would be third party. With just knowing this, does it seem kind of balanced to you?

IE:
3-4 man Mafia Teams (Godfather, Goons/Blockers)
1 Lyncher
1 Confirmed Inno
?? Blues ( 2 Jacks, 1 Doc, 1 Bodyguard, 1 Combat Medic [IRC Mafia role - Vig/Doc Combo], 1 Cop, 1 Crooked Role Cop, Vig/Tracker Combo)
?? Town

Like I said it's all a work in progress, but I just wanted some outside opinions on how balanced this seems.
Would it be like epicmafia when the game is over when the lyncher wins or will it go on?

And can the combat medic heal every night and shoot once? Also, can they heal when they shoot. Same thing with the crooked role cop.

And can the combat medic heal every night and shoot once? Also, can they heal when they shoot. Same thing with the crooked role cop.

Combat Medic can only choose to protect or shoot, can't do both. Crooked Role Cop is just a combination of the miller and cop honestly, they'll always return red to inspections. Which thinking about it now, doesn't really work out so I might just downgrade it to a regular role cop.

NxTElDU.png

An accurate image of mafia.

Last edited:
Username: oath2order
TBT Mafia Games Completed: 12. Hosted one.
Game Type: Main
Game Theme: TBT Staff vs Members
Game Setup Notes: Closed set-up, no mafia safe claims. Standard town vs. mafia, possible third party but NOT a Serial Killer. Items and currency likely to be included.

Last edited:
I do need a bit of help, ya'll.

What's the best way to do items? Release them all at once? Or just slowly release them like AC Mafia?

I'm considering giving the item description in the shop, so that there won't be a mad focus on guessing what each one does.

What's the best way to do items? Release them all at once? Or just slowly release them like AC Mafia?

I'm considering giving the item description in the shop, so that there won't be a mad focus on guessing what each one does.

It depends. Are some more strong than others? If so, I say release them in cheap/weak to expensive/strong, just like in AC Mafia.

hmm id say to release them all at once. its not like players can buy the op items right away without people transferring money to them. i dont think it will make too much of a difference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back