Nostalgic or New?

Tola

Bells
With the coming of Animal Crossing: City Folk, there's bound to be hopes, desires, and expectations for this game. The game seems like it's leaning in the direction of Animal Crossing: Wild World. The rolling log, the music that has been heard so far, and more features such as those.

However - what ever happened to Animal Crossing for the GC? It had a variety of music, and it was all good, as the sound system was made that way. The town was large, and there was no rolling log. There were cliffs, bushes, and nice twists on the ground that made it look better than the bland spots of dirt on the ground in AC:WW.

The holidays are back, and with a new "Bunny Day," and I'm hoping that each has its own series of furniture - you never know what might happen.

The amount of villagers per town is another big question on my mind. The limit of 8 in the recent game was acceptable due to its size, but for the Wii, if it was to be around 8, it was suck.

But enough about all of the old stuff - what about new?

What new furniture could there be? New gyroids? Fish, fossils and bugs? Animals? Activities? K.K. songs? The list goes on.

Comments?

i knowi sound a little pessimistic, but i cant see how its not gonna be the same old... just likewild world ended up being the same thing as ac for cube, i dont see how this will be different from ac on ds or cube.

I'd really like to see the ball from AC GCN return, with WiFi you could actually probably get some use out of it, other then just the occasional errand for an animal.

Zyphent said:
I'd really like to see the ball from AC GCN return, with WiFi you could actually probably get some use out of it, other then just the occasional errand for an animal.
ball? what ball?

Oh yeah, that useless ball! XD
I don't know what the heck that was for in GC.

nigel91 said:
oh yea! i know what it was for. There was a person that you could talk to when the ball was there, one of the townspeople needed it, but you had to kick it to them. Ugh. I hated that.

Bacon Boy said:
nigel91 said:
oh yea! i know what it was for. There was a person that you could talk to when the ball was there, one of the townspeople needed it, but you had to kick it to them. Ugh. I hated that.
I think it'd be pretty useful during online play though, you could host an impromptu soccer game, with pitfalls throughout the field, or anything like that.

And yeah, it was just another errand item in the GC one.

DarthGohan1 said:
i knowi sound a little pessimistic, but i cant see how its not gonna be the same old... just likewild world ended up being the same thing as ac for cube, i dont see how this will be different from ac on ds or cube.
I couldn't disagree more. D:

Wild World was not at all the same thing as Animal Crossing for the gamecube.

The original AC had this certain feel for me...it's hard to explain. I guess it's just the nostalgia, but in my eyes Wild World was nothing compared to it. And from the looks of it, ACCF is more like Wild World then the original AC, meaning it probably won't have the nostalgic-feel, thus making me not like it as much as the original.

I don't know if that made sense. I'm tired.

Gengar said:
DarthGohan1 said:

The original AC had this certain feel for me...it's hard to explain. I guess it's just the nostalgia, but in my eyes Wild World was nothing compared to it. And from the looks of it, ACCF is more like Wild World then the original AC, meaning it probably won't have the nostalgic-feel, thus making me not like it as much as the original.

Well the holidays really made the original AC what it was for me, along with the Nintendo games.

At least with the Holidays back, theres some aspects of the original returning.

I think its a good blend of both games, but im worried about the soundtrack still, sounds exactly like wild world's....

Yeah I am really hoping they at least put in sound tracks from the original... of not totally new sound track. Oh well we will have to wait and see what happens.

VantagE said:
Yeah I am really hoping they at least put in sound tracks from the original... of not totally new sound track. Oh well we will have to wait and see what happens.
Well they clearly cant rip ALL of the music from wild world, Christmas and Halloween always have their own music.

Im not overly fond of the City's music, but meh, its okay I suppose.

I loved the original soundtrack so much, I still have all of it on my computer.

Although I wish the game had an even bigger feel to it, I think it was definitely improved with things like the canyons/levels from AC on the GameCube. But Animal Crossing will always be nostalgic to me.

By the way, it's already confirmed than the neighbor limit is more than 8. =)

Neither. It feels like Wild World 2.0, really. New but retaining many previous features.

Grawr said:
DarthGohan1 said:

i agree, it did have its own feel, much different from acww. it was a sort of cosy feeling u get from seeing those old-style graphics, the lighting, the whole look of the game..... although i will be in love with accf i know it :)

Yeah I think I'll rapidly fall in love with City Folk, can't wait to try out the mic n' participate in the holidays!

Back