• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Nookingtons

kwark

Bells
Is it true that after I spend 250.000 bells at Nook's, I have to have a friend come over and let them by something from Nook? That would be lame.

No, I don't think so. At least not in the gamecube version. It's true for Wild World though.

Actually, yes. You need to have a character from a different cartridge or whatever come buy a certain amount of stuff worth another certain amount. It sucks, I know, but that's how life is.

Yeah, you'll need to make a town on a second memory card to do it. It's kind of a pain, but I imagine most GameCube owners have multiple cards already. Once you get Nookington's, you can always delete the other town if you need the space for other games.

So I have a second town now and I want to go to my main town to buy something from the Nook store, but don't want to lose any of my villagers in my second town.

So I have a second town now and I want to go to my main town to buy something from the Nook store, but don't want to lose any of my villagers in my second town.

Unfortunately you'll have to lose one of them no matter what. Move-outs in gamecube are uncontrollable, although you can get one of them to move back eventually if you visit enough times or if you talk to them as the character that lives in that town sometimes they'll say something along the lines of they want to move to another place, so next time you take the train can you take them with you so they can go live in another town. If you say yes, next time you board a train to another town (they won't be physically there) they'll move into that town.

Unfortunately you'll have to lose one of them no matter what. Move-outs in gamecube are uncontrollable, although you can get one of them to move back eventually if you visit enough times or if you talk to them as the character that lives in that town sometimes they'll say something along the lines of they want to move to another place, so next time you take the train can you take them with you so they can go live in another town. If you say yes, next time you board a train to another town (they won't be physically there) they'll move into that town.

But what if you load a second character? I have been told you have to travel with a second character if you want to keep your villagers.

But what if you load a second character? I have been told you have to travel with a second character if you want to keep your villagers.

Back