• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Nintendo Switch General Discussion

I'm very curious to see how this goes. If the $250/?200 price point speculation turns out to be true, then I'm probably going to cash in my Wii U as quickly as possible... I know it's not really likely but I'm also hoping they'll announce a concrete release date for BotW. Some sources are saying that EU will get the Switch version later than everywhere else, and if that's the case I'm going to be EXTREMELY disappointed. Pls Nintendo, we need.

I hope the 250$ price is true , which would mean i would may get it on July :blush: *and usually i get consoles on Christmas / Birthday*

I also want to them to announce MK8 and Splatoon , i loved these two and i would play them for hours. I also really want to see if they announce something from Pokemon Stars or something about DPPT games :)

It will be once I see Mario Kart 8. Toad's Factory, DK Summit, Sunset Wilds, Riverside Park, Mushroom City, Yoshi Desert, Maple Treeway and 3DS Rainbow Road here I come! (I hope!)

Rainbow Road 3DS? If anything they'll add the Rainbow Road from Super Circuit.

I am really hoping they'll have a good line up for their games! Nintendo really needs a success after being in a rut for so long. I love Nintendo, and I really don't want to see them disappear from the industry. I'm pretty confident that the Switch will be a cool system, but it's really the games they release that will make or break the success of the console.

I'm so excited to see what happens ^_^ I'm definitely going to be up to watch it live!

I am so hyped for this! I'm trying to keep my expectations low, but I've also got this feeling that Nintendo will surprise me and have learned from their mistakes with the Wii U/3DS era. It will be a very long day at work until 11PM haha.

I'm already excited! I'll try not to expect too much but whatever happens, I'll probably enjoy what's going to be available come release date and will buy Switch on a launch week/month. Well, I have to be up by lunch time tomorrow since it's going to start around 12 noon (my time).

Don't overhype guys (too late), it is not going to be the most amazing thing in the world.

it's definitely too late

nothing stops this train of disappointment now

Oh man, I read it as 11am EST instead of pm. Lol whoops. I was excited to come home to Switch news but now I gotta wait til basically tomorrow. RIP

It will be once I see Mario Kart 8. Toad's Factory, DK Summit, Sunset Wilds, Riverside Park, Mushroom City, Yoshi Desert, Maple Treeway and 3DS Rainbow Road here I come! (I hope!)

I would love for those courses to return. Especially DK Summit(my favorite course in Mario Kart History). I think that GBA Broken Pier or Boo Lake should return as well because of King Boo.(I wasn't a huge fan of Twisted Mansion.)

ALSO, They need to bring back classic battle mode. After all the complaints and disappointments with the current format, I honestly don't see how they couldn't bring back classic battle mode.

ONE more thing. The new characters besides already confirmed King Boo should be Diddy, Bowser Jr, Birdo, Dry Bones, Petey, Nabbit, Kamek, Toadsworth, and either Dixie, or Cranky Kong. Let me know if I missed any classics.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Erm hate to break it to you but GCN and Wii Rainbow Road were the best.

They were all great(except for DS IMO.)

Less than 1 hour left peeps!! Lots of hype!
Hopefully they don't disappoint! I'm looking forward to the Pokemon Stars. Curious as to what that is exactly.

I'm looking forward to what crazy thing Reggie is gonna do or say. Lmao

I'm curious about it, but I'm trying not to get hyped about it. I'd rather not buy one right away. I want it to be out for a while and build up a library so it feels worth the purchase.

Gonna watch the stream though.

Back