New Update Coming 4/28!

Will be interesting to see what the updates look like. I got on right after the wedding season last year so waiting to to see what the buzz around wedding season is actually like.

Will be interesting to see what the updates look like. I got on right after the wedding season last year so waiting to to see what the buzz around wedding season is actually like.
Without spoiling much. The Wedding Season (from last year) was just us filling up the room with random objects, taking a picture, getting heart crystals and thats that. You had to wait another day to do again. It was fun for a while but it got too repetitive and didn't really offer anything new as you kept playing daily.

Without spoiling much. The Wedding Season (from last year) was just us filling up the room with random objects, taking a picture, getting heart crystals and thats that. You had to wait another day to do again. It was fun for a while but it got too repetitive and didn't really offer anything new as you kept playing daily.

I really did not enjoy the wedding event/holiday. Felt like a mobile game event. I'm not a fan of mobile games. :/

Apologies, I thought I included the link. It's the japanese PR release, which is always more detailed: https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/article/4aca50db-b0bd-4552-827e-9eadda7ce4e9

There is a special section that covers the seasonal celebrations, running from May to July:

Children's Day runs from April 28th to May 5th and has the windsocks and the newspaper hat (both new)
Mother's Day runs from May 1st to May 31st and has the Thank-you Mom mug (old) and the carnation (new)
Cheese Rolling Day runs from May 22nd to May 31st and has the Cheese item (new)
International Children's Day runs from June 1st to June 30th and has the Handmade cape and crow (both old)
Wedding season runs from June 1st to June 30th and has the Nuptial bell, doorplate, ring pillow (all new and with color variants) and the Flower Shower basket thing (new)
Father's Day runs from June 1st to June 30th and has the Thank-you Dad mug (old) and the Thank-you Dad apron (new and with color variants)
Tanko/tango bushi runs from June 5th to June 14th and has the festival zongzi and surichwi tteok (both new, they are food)
Summer/Winter solstices run from June 15th to June 21st and have the corresponding two old items for each hemisphere (although technically, each hemisphere has one new item if they haven't traded for it before- the Sunflower Rug and the Aurora Wall)
Tanabata runs from July 1st to July 7th and has the Bamboo grass (old)
Marine Day runs from July 8th to July 22nd and has something google translate isn't helping and can't find (かじのドアかざり kaji no doa kazari) (new)
Bastille Day runs from July 10th to July 20th and has a phrygian cap (new and with color variants)
Cowboy Festival runs from July 15th to August 15th and has the Rodeo-style spring horse (old)

oh my arceus i think all that is hard to read, i promise to update it after doing some work D:

So... what I understand is that if Thursday's update includes all this, that means we aren't getting another update until mid-August, given that that's what they've usually done in previous "updates"? Okay lol. I'm so sick of "limited" Nook Mile items that I'll probably use for a whole day and then toss in my house storage. Give us items we can actually do something with.

Yeah the wedding event was super repetitive and not that fun but the rewards were worth it. At least they actually tried back then to give us something new to do each day for a decent period of time when they originally added that event. I wish more events were like that.

It was comparable to Happy Home Designer. You can just throw a random number of random furniture all over the screen and they get really excited at your "decorating skills".

The fact that Wedding day is also being featured means that we probably won't be getting a June update either. Kind of a lackluster update. Sure new items is cool and all, but I probably won't be booting NH up all that much these months. Except for May Day, that was fun. I would rather have unlimited access to May Day then have a week long stamp day that I only did once.

I see some posting about speculation of new villagers and them possibly being Zelda or referencing it. That would be awesome, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

While E3 is historically a time for surprises, I'm in the camp of not expecting much at E3 in regard to Animal Crossing

Nintendo will likely use their time to talk about Splatoons 3, Breath of the Wild 2, Zelda Skyward Sword, Metroid Prime 4 (hopefully), some Mario related stuff......annnnnnnd maybe a Switch Pro.

I don’t know much about marine day but Kaji no doa kazari seems like it will be a ship helm/ wheel (or something) door decoration.
Yeah, a door decoration with that shape may be the item.

So... what I understand is that if Thursday's update includes all this, that means we aren't getting another update until mid-August, given that that's what they've usually done in previous "updates"? Okay lol. I'm so sick of "limited" Nook Mile items that I'll probably use for a whole day and then toss in my house storage. Give us items we can actually do something with.
They need to update the game for August 1st in order to have the Fireworks show, but yeah until August/very late July is the safe guess.

I can actually do something with all the items they are revealing, so yeah. Door decorations and specially the windsocks are going to be permanent on my island. People have also been demanding food and flowers and we're getting 3 and 1, so I guess they may also find use for them.

I honestly did not have high expectations. I was hoping for a new theme and/or different characters for the photoshoot so am disappointed about that. I really liked the photoshoot even if it got repetitive. Some of the new items looks good, though I still feel like they fall under the miscellaneous knick knacks category which the game already has a lot of already (i might be able to find some use for the new wedding items in non wedding themes); new items are great just would love more variety as well (maybe hold off on releasing more knock knacks and give us some things that we don’t have a lot of from time to time or mix it up).

Don’t get me wrong, I do appreciate we got an update with some new things regardless how small or big it is.
Post automatically merged:

knick knacks*

Glad that we have some new items from the update ! ☺
can't wait to have all the items from the previously game. (i miss so much the ranch set)... 😢

This update is a complete joke.

It feels like a ‘Curb Your’ meme after all the hype and hope everyone has been having leading up to this ‘major’ update. I could certainly hear the music in the back of my head as I was reading the patch notes. If you’re satisfied with 10 new items and a slightly changed Maze from last year to keep you going for another 3 months minimum - could be longer, as the seasonal items go until August, then you’ll defend Nintendo for whatever they do.

Nintendo have raked in the cash and moved into Splatoon 3, I think.

Really disappointed, tbh. I was desperately hoping for Brewster or some thing new and exciting, little underwhelming to say the least just to announce some (not new) events

Just a small update coming this week. I am looking forward to new items and May Day! In addition, I like the wedding bell and fish windsock!

By the way, I wonder who's house is it, the one near the fish windsock. That remains a mystery for now.

Just a small update coming this week. I am looking forward to new items and May Day! In addition, I like the wedding bell and fish windsock!

By the way, I wonder who's house is it, the one near the fish windsock. That remains a mystery for now.
My only worry is that when we talk to Rover again I hope he doesn't give us the Briefcase again. I expect there to be a different sort of reward considering that the island maze is different from last year.

My only worry is that when we talk to Rover again I hope he doesn't give us the Briefcase again. I expect there to be a different sort of reward considering that the island maze is different from last year.

That is a good point. I don't mind with the extra briefcase, though let's see what the new prize will be for May Day event this year.

That is a good point. I don't mind with the extra briefcase, though let's see what the new prize will be for May Day event this year.
Yeah and I really want to see how well that new Island Maze is, because at least that is something new that they changed with this event, which was something I was hoping for and they sure did it so at least that makes a bit excited.

I actually want more of the briefcases; I would’ve been a bit sad if we didn’t get it. I didn’t experience this event or museum day (I did tt recently to do the may day event since i didn’t have the game when it was released). I do agree having another reward would be nice for those who experienced it already or maybe add on to it a bit so we could get the briefcase and something else.

I actually want more of the briefcases; I would’ve been a bit sad if we didn’t get it. I didn’t experience this event or museum day (I did tt recently to do the may day event since i didn’t have the game when it was released). I do agree having another reward would be nice for those who experienced it already or maybe add on to it a bit so we could get the briefcase and something else.
I'll tell you something really cool. Did you know that if you have multiple users on your island you can actually get multiple breifcases from Rover when you replayed the May Day event. I actually did this a few months ago and I was shocked that it actually worked. Of course this was a one day event only so I wasn't able to replay it with the same user but I did with a different user.

Back