Aubrey895

Islander Lyric of Lily Cove
Bells
Switch
5386-8207-0510
Tasty Cake
Orange (Fruit)
Small Mailbox
Ugh. I kind of want to start a new town. But then I?d have a hard time getting my villagers back, and with the switch animal crossing coming this year I know I won?t build the town back up. Idk I?m just not having fun playing like I used to. Should I restart or just wait for the new game? What would you do?

I would wait personally. I almost always regret resetting and if i knew that i wouldn't be able to build it up before the new one came out then what's the point of starting over anyways?
I wouldn't want to come back later and be all excited to pick up NL and check in after playing the new AC for awhile just to walk into a half-finished town with random villagers, you know?

But to each their own! If you think a new town will make the wait for the new title more fulfilling for you then go for it! We still have a good while until the new game is out I believe, since there's been no real word on release dates at all yet. So you could probably build up a mostly finished new town beofre then if you put the work into it.
Maybe make that a fun little challenge for yourself? How far you can get before the new one is released!

Maybe try getting a cheap pre-owned copy so you can "restart" without ruining your town? It's what I did.

maybe since you're not currently having fun, waiting for the new game would give yourself a break from ac for a while. when the new game comes out, you won't feel so burnt out

i created a second town, not too long ago actually, just because i really want to play ac but i'm impatient for the new game oops

If you happen to get the Amiibo cards then you could at least get your villagers back but it’s all up to you! I personally started a new town because I’m an impatient woman xD I’m hyped for the game and we haven’t even heard the name xD

For me, when I felt similar to this I bought a second copy. I found it for 15 dollars at target, but you can always find it cheaper on ebay or perhaps amazon! Good luck on your new town if you do decide to start a new one!

Yeah I second buying a second copy. Resetting just made me miss everything I had! And it was easy to trade over items and villagers that i wanted in my new town.
I find used copies on eBay for pretty cheap, like 15 dollars.

Back