• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo Update General Discussion

@BrittyDee
Same here ;_; I've no idea what to do! I've looked it up but it only comes up with the news about the update.

Before the update, the sweets player was apparently too big to put on even a table. Is it still the case?
Seems to be so. I'd count these bricks as tables. :p

WVW69jxwVmg77mrbaf

I find this strange though as it is a 1x1 object...

WVW69jxwWlgYTABZvV

Also, please don't question that room. Not been in it for ages - I wasn't even aware I had a golden watering can.

Is there any other benefit for linking HHD other than the large furniture? I read some article that said they would come over with the house that was designed for them in HHD if it is in the save file. That did not happen for Sterling or Kyle. Maybe they misunderstood the report. Did anyone get their HHD house for their invited villagers?

@Dinomilkshakes I was reading through the tens of pages prior, it seems like you have to use the amiibo figures with Wisp and then they go to the RV? I'm gonna try it out. What is the option for with Harvey then when you ask about wifi? Weird...

- - - Post Merge - - -

@Dinomilkshakes it worked! I wanna know what you do with the wifi with Harvey though XD

Sorry to ask something probably has been asked before... Is HHD required to get the extra closet space thing?

(Also, are Amiibo cards region locked..? I don't have ANY Amiibos or anything and I'm gonna get some just for ACNL lol. I know the figures are region free, but couldn't really find info about the cards)

I used my Isabelle amiibo card with Wisp and she didn't visit the RV camp. Does it not work with the cards? Or did I do it wrong? I'm confused

Is there any other benefit for linking HHD other than the large furniture? I read some article that said they would come over with the house that was designed for them in HHD if it is in the save file. That did not happen for Sterling or Kyle. Maybe they misunderstood the report. Did anyone get their HHD house for their invited villagers?

Linking HHD allows you to arrange furniture in your room "telepathically" like you do in HHD. Lottie will show up in Nook's Homes a day after you link your data and will host a "seminar" on interior design which is basically just a little HHD design tutorial.

I don't think the house part is true though.

Last edited:
I used my Isabelle amiibo card with Wisp and she didn't visit the RV camp. Does it not work with the cards? Or did I do it wrong? I'm confused

Using the cards only allows you to get their picture or another item from them. It doesn't bring them to the campsite; only the amiibo figures do that.

Using the cards only allows you to get their picture or another item from them. It doesn't bring them to the campsite; only the amiibo figures do that.

thats actually soooo dumb how irritating. Thanks for answering :(

Sorry to ask something probably has been asked before... Is HHD required to get the extra closet space thing?

(Also, are Amiibo cards region locked..? I don't have ANY Amiibos or anything and I'm gonna get some just for ACNL lol. I know the figures are region free, but couldn't really find info about the cards)

You don't need to link to hhd for the secret storage. But, I think all loans must be paid off and you need at least the second floor.

Sorry, I don't know about whether amiibo's are region locked.

I have a silly question I think.
The only Animal Crossing amiibo figure I own right now is Celeste, but when I try to invite her Wisp says "Unfortunately, the real Celeste is asleep right now." and says to try again another time. This is a semi-new started town so I don't have the museum shop unlocked yet, is that maybe why I can't invite her? Or am I overlooking something?

When will the New Leaf amiibos be available in stores?

Also, will they be in "trading card packs" like a lot of trading cards, or will you be able to know which ones you're getting? There's literally only ONE amiibo card that I want.

- - - Post Merge - - -

The only Animal Crossing amiibo figure I own right now is Celeste, but when I try to invite her Wisp says "Unfortunately, the real Celeste is asleep right now." and says to try again another time. This is a semi-new started town so I don't have the museum shop unlocked yet, is that maybe why I can't invite her? Or am I overlooking something?

Have you tried inviting her in the evening?

I think you need to have the museum expansion to be able to invite her? Or that's what I read earlier.

Have you tried inviting her in the evening?

Yes! That was what I first thought the issue was, I first tried about 6pm but then tried again around 8pm and figured since Blathers was awake she should be but it didn't work then either. Thank you for the suggestion though!

I think you need to have the museum expansion to be able to invite her? Or that's what I read earlier.

Ah ok, I couldn't find any info on it. I guess I'll need to work on that next then, thank you!

Last edited:

That makes sense. For some stupid reason I was about to say she isn't in this game. I keep forgetting that she actually exists in New Leaf xD

How do I invite an rv with an amiibo card? Like step by step how?

It doesn't work that way. If you want a ncp to appear in the rv you need their figurines. The cards only give you their picture and furniture. If you do have figurine qmiibos you summon them via wisp.

It's now 11:30PM in my town and I can still enter Redd's tent... I didn't think we could still enter it past 11PM... Did the update change the closing hours of Redd's tent?

Back