• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo Update General Discussion

Oh, and by the way:
Are those new PWPs in the bottom left corner seen on this card?
news_design2_img3.jpg

You find it by clicking on the button just below the pack of the Series 6 amiibo cards here, with the other 4 revealed Sanrio cards:
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/egdj/paper/index.html

I dunno, it does look like it though.

Oh, and by the way:
Are those new PWPs/giant furniture items like in HHD in the bottom left corner seen on this card?
That lake was available in HHD, the bridge looks new to me.
And why would a Bridge be a furniture item you can order and that's in the rabbit's house?
I don't think it's there as a symbol or because that rabbit has an infamous bridge or so,
new PWPs certainly seem possible now. (Hoping for the e+ Yoshi Egg :))
news_design2_img3.jpg

You find it by clicking on the button just below the pack of the Series 6 amiibo cards here, with the other 4 revealed Sanrio cards:
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/egdj/paper/index.html

I think that's the Keroppi house. Why they chose a rabbit for the frog character... I have no idea.

Oh, and by the way?
Another new picture, and it looks upscaled somehow? (Ohmigosh NX confirrrmed!!111!)
It's weird, now even they upscale 3DS stuff, with that waifu2x thing having grown in usage
b87e8e8bd01ee3998e87b2fad25c9c18.jpg

(Grabbed from the Sanrio website, yes I researched the characters and am ashamed of myself =P)

Anyone Notice the different flooring in the house? Are we maybe getting the rugs from HHD O:

EDIT: NVM, that's the front of the camper van. T-T

Last edited:
Thanks, this card was the one I had most difficulties to "decipher" which Sanrio character the villager is portraying.
But the backsides of some cards are also on the official site, so I figured Keroppi must be somewhere–
with your reply, I'm pretty sure this is the Keroppi villager.

Some time ago, I heard that the AC devs were open about Crossovers (Mario Kart 8 DLC pre-release time IIRC) and that they aren't against having stuff from other series in the main games, and I might be wrong, but they said something along the lines of including villagers portraying characters and not the characters themselves to maintain the Animal Crossing-feeling.

Even if the devs didn't say that, it's a plausible enough reason and I could live with that.

And I zoomed in on that bridge-thing, and I start thinking that this really just is a model of a bridge, with the sign in front of it.
Don't get any hopes up, really don't until the 2nd of November might confirm something with the Japanese Direct.

Oh no, all the cycling towns rip

If people don't have amiibo cards or don't want to have amiibo cards there will still be some cycling towns out there...
...it will probably be much less popular, but I imagine some people will still want to cycle. Much more physical card trading in the future, which is really stressful imo.

If people don't have amiibo cards or don't want to have amiibo cards there will still be some cycling towns out there...
...it will probably be much less popular, but I imagine some people will still want to cycle. Much more physical card trading in the future, which is really stressful imo.

well yeah i guess but idk lots of people are pretty hype about all this

I get that... But there is more than one way of getting money and staying in business. There's a line that can be drawn here.

There is producing a full game, and selling it. The customer spends that money, gets the product they want. Everyone's happy. Then there's...this disturbing trend among video game companies as of late (Nintendo is far from the only one guilty of it, and weren't necessarily the first, but they are guilty of it now) where features are intentionally left out of games, and the company then provides some very annoying, costly method to get them back.

The first case I really got a taste of this was with The Sims. The Sims series is in shambles now. But for goodness sake, at least with The Sims you could spend money for what you want, and specifically get what you want. Now we're starting to move into an even darker age of DLC where the company provides DLC in random bundles. You may get what you want, you may not. And then they charge ridiculous amounts for it. Nintendo is NOT the only one guilty of this, I repeat, but with Amiibo cards, they are veering off into that territory. They know darn well that people are going to want a specific villager, or a specific item. And they know that people will spend ridiculous amounts of money to get those, if they can.

If you don't think people will, just look at Kingdom Hearts Unchained. People will spend ridiculous amounts of money for what they want, even if it's not in any physical form whatsoever.

That's a rant about Amiibo cards, though. The Amiibo themselves, I just find completely gimmicky. I understand why someone would want a model of their favorite character, but the Amiibo are not even good as models. They're really poorly made. So, even though they aren't randomized DLC like the Amiibo cards, I still don't much care for them, just as I don't really care for any of Nintendo's gimmicks.

'Furniture themed to those characters'. Oh. Great, all I need to see are more Nintendo themed houses! If I see another NES Super Mario Bros themed Animal Crossing house I'm going to scream.

Yeah, I get what you're saying, but games can take a few years to make, and I feel like this is a way to give people something for display, their games, or whatever while they do that. Also yeah no more Nintendo houses for me ;-;

Though I do want a Pokemon themed item

I'm actually really excited to see new villagers and furniture! I think they all look adorable so far and I love the twist of having them come by on a RV. This feature could also be a good way to get old villagers to visit your town. <3

Can't wait! :D

I'm getting more and more excited about this update. I've got a new town that I haven't decided if I'm keeping yet or not. This might be a good chance to reset and try out the new features. omg I want those Sanrio characters so bad! Especially the sheep and the elephant. SO CUTE!

I'm getting more and more excited about this update. I've got a new town that I haven't decided if I'm keeping yet or not. This might be a good chance to reset and try out the new features. omg I want those Sanrio characters so bad! Especially the sheep and the elephant. SO CUTE!

I hope hope hope that they bring the Sanrio cards to the US!!! I wouldn't want to import them but I would HAVE to! They are so cute!

Mixed feelings about this.

I find the cards making villagers more accessible good and bad. Good for those who want their dreamies and to achieve them easier and bad because it takes out the fun. I won't be using the cards to get villagers for sure because it'll take the fun away for me. :)

Also, I would love to see new characters, villagers, furniture/items, etc. Something newwwwwwwwwwwww to be added please! EVEN A NEW MAP....

I wish the Sanrio Amiibo Cards would reach the shores of my country. It took me a long waiting when I just wanted to buy some Series 1 cards here. I want those Pompom Purin items so badly. Also the sheep and elephant villagers are so cute, the rest looks so-so.

I'm really happy that Vanessa is making a comeback. Now if only we could get Tarou...

Also, I would love to see new characters, villagers, furniture/items, etc. Something newwwwwwwwwwwww to be added please! EVEN A NEW MAP....

Everything you wished for in the first sentence is already confirmed, and something similar to a new map, the RV "campin ground" also exists.

Only downside is that most seems to be amiibo-locked. =/

Are those cards like an amibo, meaning you need to have one in order to use them?
Or are they like a QR code which needs to be scanned, meaning you can scan them on your screen too? (like with several other games)

Guess you need the new 3DS then which supports amibo... No use restarting my town.

Last edited:
Are those cards like an amibo, meaning you need to have one in order to use them?
Or are they like a QR code which needs to be scanned, meaning you can scan them on your screen too? (like with several other games)

Guess you need the new 3DS then which supports amibo... No use restarting my town.

There's always that Amiibo reader that you can use with normal 3DSes. :)

Everything you wished for in the first sentence is already confirmed, and something similar to a new map, the RV "campin ground" also exists.

Only downside is that most seems to be amiibo-locked. =/

YAY and AW. I don't like how a lot of things are unlocked via amiibo (from what I've seen). I mean yeah cool Nintendo makes money but.......... I am on a tight budget :( How much are those cards anyways...

i want the hello kitty gorilla and the twin stars sheep omggg the furniture is so nice for all of them ahhh cute i need these cardsss

they gotta be released in the us i have my eye on that hk furniture set

Last edited:
omfgggggggggg LILA i need her! it would be even more awesome if she was an uchi but i can tell shes gonna be peppy which is fine too...

Back