New item glitch? Or normal.

Ouija88

Bells
i looked for answers but never got results. Problem is my nooks never has new items even tho there’s hundreds of shop items out there. I bought the guide book. So how do I get all these cool other items? Is my game glitched? Or is there something I haven’t done? i had game since previous March when 1st came out. I’ve done all holiday stuff as i play daily. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This isn't the most helpful answer, but it might be bad RNG. I've had a similar thing happen with clothes. There are clothing items that didn't show up at my Able Sisters for over a year.

Also possibly worth noting - I'm not sure if this has been verified or debunked, but I've read before that Nook items might be color-locked. If true, it would drastically reduce the number of items that could appear at Nook's. For example, if an item has 4-5 different colors, your Nook's will only ever carry 1 color, and you have to get the others through trading or Redd.

The shops are just painfully repetitive in New Horizons. It's common to have the same items over and over instead of different ones. It's actually one of the main reasons why I always suggest that people don't actually start a new save when they want to redo their islands. It might seem like a good idea at the time, but those items take ages to collect again.

Also, not all items are available in the shop, and you only get one color variation of furniture in your shop (other variations can be traded for with other players or found in trees, but the tree items are random). Repetition is very typical, though- this is really the first main series AC game where the shop isn't necessarily going to be your best option for furniture.

The shops are just painfully repetitive in New Horizons. It's common to have the same items over and over instead of different ones. It's actually one of the main reasons why I always suggest that people don't actually start a new save when they want to redo their islands. It might seem like a good idea at the time, but those items take ages to collect again.
I agree! This was the most annoying part about resetting my island, so I ended up paying for entry to a treasure island where I could catalog every variation of different furniture

I got most of my items from trading online. I had WiFi for online gaming for a very short time, so I was able to trade for the items I needed for my island. I think trading really is the best way to find the items you’re looking for. Otherwise, it would take ages to receive the different variations from villagers, shaking trees, Redd, etc.

im having the exact same problem in my game as well. nooks never has ANYTHING good in it. in the months that i have been playing i havent seen a single harp, grand piano, cello, violin, any of the antique furniture other than a few pieces of the normal colored ones, only a few of the rattan series of different colors etc etc...this is a looong list of things that nook doesnt have and wont show up in his shop. ive literally had to do a furniture treasure island *thanks to LoserMom here!* yesterday because i was sick of waiting for any decent items to show up. nooks did put up every hose reel color available on the planet though...so kudos for hose reels? *sigh*
i feel your pain! now that i have a full catalog, do you need anything? i will buy it for you and bring it to your town for you!

I agree! This was the most annoying part about resetting my island, so I ended up paying for entry to a treasure island where I could catalog every variation of different furniture
Did you find the treasure island on TBT or did you find it on another site, like etsy?

This isn't the most helpful answer, but it might be bad RNG. I've had a similar thing happen with clothes. There are clothing items that didn't show up at my Able Sisters for over a year.

Also possibly worth noting - I'm not sure if this has been verified or debunked, but I've read before that Nook items might be color-locked. If true, it would drastically reduce the number of items that could appear at Nook's. For example, if an item has 4-5 different colors, your Nook's will only ever carry 1 color, and you have to get the others through trading or Redd.
The items ARE colored locked. As someone who has two switches I noticed it instantly.

The furniture sold at Nook's Cranny repeats... A LOT. They always have that teddy bear and ventilation fan in stock on my island. And to top it off, furniture are indeed color-locked (depends your airport color and Nook mile furniture colors).

If you want to know what furniture colors are sold on your island, check this out:

The furniture sold at Nook's Cranny repeats... A LOT. They always have that teddy bear and ventilation fan in stock on my island. And to top it off, furniture are indeed color-locked (depends your airport color and Nook mile furniture colors).

If you want to know what furniture colors are sold on your island, check this out:
One another thing to mention is not only it will depend on the airport color but it will be RNG of which variant you would get. I somehow keep getting Pink furniture items on my 2nd island and I have a Yellow airport and I have like Brown items on the main island that has a Green airport.

Did you find the treasure island on TBT or did you find it on another site, like etsy?

i know this wasnt directed at me, but i found the treasure island here by LoserMom who gives all the color variations of furniture items *even ones that i didnt know existed lol* for 250 tbt. an excellent deal if you ask me about it, and you can also pick up the entire rug, wallpaper and flooring plus the furniture for 350 tbt *i didnt have enough tbt to get the wallpapers and flooring though lol, but i will return to her island when i do*!

I second the above suggestions that trading is the best way to go if you are looking for items— it is very easy and much quicker than waiting on Redd. As others have said, the RNG in this game can be a bit painful sometimes.

I do wish the developers would have allowed the color variations to rotate annually, i particular the Nook Mile Reward items. Alas, they didn’t, and maybe that was so that players would interact with others via trading.

I second the above suggestions that trading is the best way to go if you are looking for items— it is very easy and much quicker than waiting on Redd. As others have said, the RNG in this game can be a bit painful sometimes.

I do wish the developers would have allowed the color variations to rotate annually, i particular the Nook Mile Reward items. Alas, they didn’t, and maybe that was so that players would interact with others via trading.
I'm just speculating here, but it could've been a way for them to try and indirectly sell more Switch Online subscriptions, hence the variant lock. Of course there's always the local wireless, there's folks like myself who live in a poorer area and not many people have Switches to connect to. I really do wish that more furniture was customizable

I also went to losermoms
Island and got all variations and he walks floors and rugs. And she was kind enough to let me do it over two days cause let me tell you cataloging all that takes a long time. Yes nooks selection does indeed suck

I'm just speculating here, but it could've been a way for them to try and indirectly sell more Switch Online subscriptions, hence the variant lock. Of course there's always the local wireless, there's folks like myself who live in a poorer area and not many people have Switches to connect to. I really do wish that more furniture was customizable
I 100% think you're right. They really wanna push the trading and the online sub fees. It's been a year, now that they've had their push for it, let us have other ways to get things without trading.

Back