• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

New Horizons F.A.Q. – Ask Questions Here!

Knowing how multiple visitor watering works, i'm curious on one thing regarding rain. If you have rain in your town and you decide to water your flowers, will your watering count to the multiple visitor watering multiplier, or does it only count as one? It's a lil' difficult for me to word this question, super sorry!

Knowing how multiple visitor watering works, i'm curious on one thing regarding rain. If you have rain in your town and you decide to water your flowers, will your watering count to the multiple visitor watering multiplier, or does it only count as one? It's a lil' difficult for me to word this question, super sorry!

The rain counts as you watering it, so you watering it doesn't do anything.

Paula always says something like ''stop showering me with attention'' ''you don't have nobody else to talk to?'' when i come to her house she says something about not having privacy, makes a joke: ''wait, is this my house or your?'' and dunno always have to say something like this and it's starting to make me feel a little bit of uncomfortable :(

Paula always says something like ''stop showering me with attention'' ''you don't have nobody else to talk to?'' when i come to her house she says something about not having privacy, makes a joke: ''wait, is this my house or your?'' and dunno always have to say something like this and it's starting to make me feel a little bit of uncomfortable :(

You have to build up friendship with the villagers in this game. At the very beginning, they don't like it when you talk to them too much because you haven't built up friendship. I would suggest just making sure to talk to them a little bit very day. Eventually (it takes maybe a week for the starting 2 villagers - it will be faster for future ones) you'll unlock the ability to give them presents when you talk to them. Once you get to that point, they are more OK with you talking to them longer. Also, make sure to start giving them presents when you unlock the ability to. If you're a person who doesn't like to change their outfits or their house, you can give them fruit. Wrapped fruit is even better.

Hey all, I'm trying to get Rosie to move out via TT but every other villager but her has asked to leave. Is it because she's my most recent move-in or am I just really unlucky?

hello, i am curious if villagers only ask to move once you have 10 in your town? i would like to keep my town at 9 villagers, but move out hippeux. thanks.

hello, i am curious if villagers only ask to move once you have 10 in your town? i would like to keep my town at 9 villagers, but move out hippeux. thanks.

Villagers will still ask to move out even though you're not at max capacity. I still haven't put down my 10th plot, and I've had move out requests. My first request was when I was at 5 or 6 villagers.

Hey all, I'm trying to get Rosie to move out via TT but every other villager but her has asked to leave. Is it because she's my most recent move-in or am I just really unlucky?
The most recent move-in has a very low chance of asking to move out, but it's not impossible!

okay, thank you!
You have to build up friendship with the villagers in this game. At the very beginning, they don't like it when you talk to them too much because you haven't built up friendship. I would suggest just making sure to talk to them a little bit very day. Eventually (it takes maybe a week for the starting 2 villagers - it will be faster for future ones) you'll unlock the ability to give them presents when you talk to them. Once you get to that point, they are more OK with you talking to them longer. Also, make sure to start giving them presents when you unlock the ability to. If you're a person who doesn't like to change their outfits or their house, you can give them fruit. Wrapped fruit is even better.

I had a villager I dislike move in almost instantly after my last one left. Since I'm still working I had very little time to find a new villager for that spot. Is there anything I can do in the future to delay the move in time?

I had a villager I dislike move in almost instantly after my last one left. Since I'm still working I had very little time to find a new villager for that spot. Is there anything I can do in the future to delay the move in time?

Unfortunately, the only thing you can really do is time travel backwards to stay on the same day indefinitely.

Generally, an empty plot will remain empty for one day. Once 5 a.m. hits, you have a chance for an RNG villager or a void villager (if you've been visiting/hosting others). So you'll have to find someone you want within that one day. But if you time travel backwards in small hourly increments and make sure to never pass the 5 a.m. threshold either backwards or forwards, you could basically create a neverending day. Since you're stuck on the same day, the campsite won't be available for you, but Mystery Tours and adoptions from other islands are open to you.

Last edited:
Has anyone figured out the key to determining which villager will ask to leave next?

Is it highest friendship/lowest friendship or random or something else?

Has anyone figured out the key to determining which villager will ask to leave next?

Is it highest friendship/lowest friendship or random or something else?
As far as I know the miners didn't manage to find out completely, but what I know is:
  • Villagers don't ask to move out near their birthdays
  • Their chance of moving out is weighted
  • Higher friendship means less chance of asking to move out
  • One of the villagers is never considered for moving out. Nobody knows who that is
It is theorized that the one villager is often the most recent move-in, but not always. Apart from that, there's nothing in the code changing move-out rates for the most recent move-in, so that'd be the only explanation for why the last villager to move in rarely asks to move out, but still does sometimes.

Do watered gold roses create more gold roses? I've been watering them for days and they haven't produced more. Am I just unlucky or is it not possible?

How many weeds can you have on your island before it starts counting against you? I want to incorporate some of the fully grown weeds into an area of my island.

Do watered gold roses create more gold roses? I've been watering them for days and they haven't produced more. Am I just unlucky or is it not possible?
I can't really answer your question. I decided to keep my gold roses with my black ones and water them this way or unless the rain does the work for me. Mine also have taken a long time to produce but I've managed to get more with the constant rain. Maybe ask 5 people to water them for you? The chances are way higher this way.

Omgg I have so many questions!! :c

1) Is there a way to clear my void? Like how in ACNL you visit someone with 10 villagers? Is it the same on ACNH?

2) Can you invite someone from mystery islands and kick out a random villager (like with campsite) or do they really only show up when you have a plot available?

3) How about if I ignore a thinking bubble and not talk to the villager when it pops out? Will they still move out?

thanks guys ;-; im lost at the difference in NH and NL

Omgg I have so many questions!! :c

1) Is there a way to clear my void? Like how in ACNL you visit someone with 10 villagers? Is it the same on ACNH?

2) Can you invite someone from mystery islands and kick out a random villager (like with campsite) or do they really only show up when you have a plot available?

3) How about if I ignore a thinking bubble and not talk to the villager when it pops out? Will they still move out?

thanks guys ;-; im lost at the difference in NH and NL

1. In this thread, someone said the void can't be cleared. Not sure how it is with the most recent update.
2. You have to have a free plot to invite someone from a NMT/mystery island. The move-in mechanic isn't like the campsite.
3. Villagers won't leave unless you allow it. However, be very careful because you cannot change their mind once you say they can go.

Back