New Halo 3 Maps Tomorrow!

Mino

#pray4pally
Retired Staff
Bells
Cake
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
Standoff, Rat's Nest, and Foundry will hit XBL Marketplace for 800 MP. I'm really looking forward to the new system for implementation, you can play the maps on both their own playlist and on the old ones, provided everyone has them.

I'm also looking forward to Rocket Race on Rat's Nest, as well as Forging around in Foundry.

New playlist updates coming tomorrow and next Tuesday, and ranked BTB is coming back, too.

Team Hardcore will also make a return on December 18.

About the maps, I'm not downloading them until they're free

:p

PS: I got my 360 last Saturday

:D

Can't microsoft or bungie remember to add the correct maps to Halo 3 instead giving out more to download. its really annoying, but w/e I can't wait for the new maps.

DarthGohan1 said:
Do XBL points cost about the same as Wii points?
Not really.

I think 800 MP are around 10$. I've seen some converters around, turning $$ into MP must be hard then D:

Zero_13 said:
Team Hardcore will also make a return on December 18.

About the maps, I'm not downloading them until they're free

:p

PS: I got my 360 last Saturday

:D
And you never join my games. D:

Knightshot said:
Can't microsoft or bungie remember to add the correct maps to Halo 3 instead giving out more to download. its really annoying, but w/e I can't wait for the new maps.
It's not that Bungie didn't remember, downloadable maps were a big part of Halo 2 (by the end of Halo 2's heyday, it had doubled it's total maps with downloaded content), but rather that it has always been the intent of Bungie and Microsoft to release new content. These maps are entirely new and made mostly since Halo 3 was released.

DarthGohan1 said:
10 MSP = $0.12
100 MSP = $1.25
500 MSP = $6.25
1000 MSP = $12.50
2000 MSP = $24.99

DarthGohan1 said:
$6.25 nets you 500 MP, $12.50 gets you 1000, etc....

I don't know why the pricing isn't like the Wii's, but that's OK. Arcade games are either 400 MP or 800 MP, and that pricing sounds good to me.

My first impressions on ALL the maps are positive, surprisingly.

I've played a few CTF and Team Slayer games on Standoff, and I must say it is probably in my top three for Team Slayer, Valhalla, Last Resort, and High Ground are still my favorite CTF and Assault maps. Standoff has the largest base of any asymmetrical map for sure, and the lighting is very sexy.

Foundry is easily the greatest Forge map there is. Within the first few moments of playing with friends, we had already started making houses and other crazy contraptions out of the ton of nonmovable objects you can place. Haven't played a real match on this map yet, but the custom games of Ninjaball and Hide and Seek have been great.

Rat's Nest is a lot better as a vehicle map than I expected, I've had a ton of great warthog runs around the outer circle. Also great for Ghost splatters, as well as vehicle ambushes, with the Trip Mines and Gravity Hammer.

Back