My Orchard Wilted!

Yurusumaji

Bells
EEK! I finally started planting my orchard yesterday after gathering several different fruits from the island's Hide-and-Seek Tour. I went to bed, got on my game today ... and this is what I saw!

jaj5fn.jpg

2vimc6f.jpg

I didn't water them all because my other trees were growing without being watered. Was that my mistake? It's also been raining for 3 days off and on, so I didn't think too much of it though I watered all the flowers. It's just so bizarre to me that some made it, but so many wilted! How do I avoid this in the future?

You dont water trees... Trees need to be planted in special locations. As will ALL OTHER Aniaml Crossing games

You dont water trees... Trees need to be planted in special locations. As will ALL OTHER Aniaml Crossing games

The only places trees can't be planted are in the shadows of buildings, right next to buildings, on the beach(if it isn't a tropical tree), right next to the river, or possibly next to the walls of the town. Everything else is fair game. And watering doesn't make any difference, really.

I feel like this comment was meant to insult my intelligence. :(

I never played the original and I only dabbled in City Folk and Wild World due to the fact I picked both games up late and never thought to look for an AC community before getting New Leaf. So sure, maybe I don't know ALL THERE IS TO KNOW about AC and you are obviously much more well-versed in these games than I am since I've had to fend for myself over the course of the other games I played, but I really don't understand any reason you need to be rude about it. I made a mistake. In a video game. Big whoop.

Kylie: I attempted to plant Lemons, Durians, Lychee and Mangoes. I think I planted some apples, too.

There's also random "dead" spots where nothing will grow :<

did you lay them exactly?

I laid them in an alternating pattern by rows with 2 spaces for every side (I planted a tree every 2 spaces, one row alternating with another so they would look nicer and be easier to see, so they weren't planted in front of each other, but in a checkerboard pattern).

Kylie: I attempted to plant Lemons, Durians, Lychee and Mangoes. I think I planted some apples, too.

Oh, then I don't understand either. The only thing I would think to be wrong is that you planted palm tress like coconuts and bananas up there, but that obviously isn't it :) maybe they were just too close together? Sometimes that happens..it happened a lot in CF.

Yeah this happens, random dead spots... just plant them in the spots you didn't try and see if that works. Orchards are always lopsided, sorry dude!

Maybe you're unlucky, also? Have you gotten your fortune checked?

Yeah, I got it checked when she was here last week, she hasn't been back since then. Guess I'll hold off on anymore planting for a bit. Maybe I'll have to rearrange everything or move the orchard.

I don't think dead spots exist in new leaf as in previous games. I have planted upwards of 50 trees with no deaths.

I don't think dead spots exist in new leaf as in previous games. I have planted upwards of 50 trees with no deaths.

Said the Shaymin with flower bearing XD

-not at all related with the thread-

That's ... A LOT of dead spots. HA HA! I would say I lost almost half of my trees.

Also, they are nowhere near ANY buildings.

Dead Spots usually occur like that. Just plant the next attempt in between the dead trees, just be sure to dig up the dead trees afterwards.

Dead Spots usually occur like that. Just plant the next attempt in between the dead trees, just be sure to dig up the dead trees afterwards.

Dang. I guess I AM unlucky. Ha ha! Thanks a ton for the info! Guess I'll move 'em all over and see if that helps. *grumbles about having to gather more fruit*

Well think about it, if you plant a million trees then there won't be any room for fossils and gyroids. Yeah it may be a flaw, but it's just a part of the game you just have to get used to.

Well think about it, if you plant a million trees then there won't be any room for fossils and gyroids. Yeah it may be a flaw, but it's just a part of the game you just have to get used to.

While I understand where you're coming from on this, I was planting in a planned area in the upper-right of my town where nothing else is. It was maybe 1/50th of my total town space and an area where I rarely found dig spots. Still, you're right. It is what it is and it's not like there's anything I can do about it. I think I'll slap a nice little yellow bench in there and plant some more trees outside of the dead spots and then cross my fingers they grow. I can at least be grateful that it looks like at least one of each type of fruit tree survived. So, woohoo!

Back