My only smug is moving out tomorrow!! Is this my chance to find Raymond?

daynapapaya

llama llama duck
Bells
Switch
7339-9283-7403
Winter Mittens
My reasons for wanting Raymond are a bit strange, probably. My grandfather who passed away last year was named Raymond, he wore the same kind of glasses, the only animals he liked were cats, and he even had a similar "smug" personality!! The similarities were too much for me, so I decided he was one of my dreamies.

My current and only smug, Tex, just asked to move away, and from my understanding this might be my best chance to "find" Raymond. I've heard that the mystery island theory has been disproven (the one where the personality you don't currently have is more likely to show up on tours).

I do know that campsite resetting is an option but I don't think I can bank on someone showing up within the next few days?

The only other option I can think of is resetting on the day the "sold" sign shows up and lists which villager has moved in, but I don't know if that's even a thing you can do.

Anyone have some advice on how to best "find" Raymond? (Worst case scenario I'll just adopt him some time in the future, but I prefer the fun of him naturally appearing!)

Yeah, you can just fill that plot with a non-smug and then kick that villager out when Raymond shows up in a tent.
I just recently kicked out my only Snooty and my first camper I got after that was a Snooty.

Campsite would likely be best method. Resetting to check your plot doesmt work quite as well as it did in NL with auto saving, youd have to be super quick.

Getting Raymond is difficult when you rely on trading online. People want you to bust a insane amount of whatever they want (mostly nmts). Hopping islands is a pain in the butt since there's 400+ villagers and you can duplicates. You'd also run out of tickets. Best bet would be the campsite method but even that is time consuming in its own, and not a good idea if you plan on being timetravel free. Good luck on your search. I'm also on my search for him. If I get Marshal though, I'd say **** it and give up on Raymond.

Thanks guys! So my plan is this:

1. As soon as Tex is moved out, go island hopping and move in any villager that ISN'T a smug.

2. Use the campsite method until I find Raymond!

I'm so excited 🥰

Campsite would likely be best method. Resetting to check your plot doesmt work quite as well as it did in NL with auto saving, youd have to be super quick.

The game saves when you first start, there is no way to beat the auto save for plot-resetting.

haha tex moved out for me too, and i thought the same about finding more smugs on nmt islands! for some reason, they were really rare though?

Good luck! I did the campsite trick to get Raymond, and as long as you have some patience is well worth it! 😊

I think I read the campsite method RNG for villager type is 60/40 with the 60 being the personality you are missing. I didn't have a smug for a little over a month, and saw a few different campsite visitors in that time, some smug, some not smug. Raymond happened to naturally show up at the campsite yesterday, so it definitely takes RNG luck, but it can happen.

Back