• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

moving out villagers

bestfriendsally

Senior Member (my name's charlotte)
Bells
Switch
4312-8499-3994
Red Envelope
*i'm sorry if this isn't where it goes :< *

how do i get jakey/ketchup to move out? i love them so... but i have their amibos now & i want to search for erik/bunnie :> *one at a time*

There’s the standard method of waiting and seeing if they get a thought bubble that means they’re moving, but if you want them out faster, most people time travel a few days ahead to try and agitate villagers into moving as on average once a week someone will ask.

If you see a villager with a thought bubble over their head and it’s not the villagers you want to move, save beforehand and talk to them.
If the villager mentions moving, don’t finish the conversation and exit to your home menu immediately.
The game won’t register that you talked to said villager and if you skip a day ahead, who wants to move will change.

KK Slider or special holidays will reset this though, making no one want to move that day, so it may take a few tries.

There’s the standard method of waiting and seeing if they get a thought bubble that means they’re moving, but if you want them out faster, most people time travel a few days ahead to try and agitate villagers into moving as on average once a week someone will ask.

If you see a villager with a thought bubble over their head and it’s not the villagers you want to move, save beforehand and talk to them.
If the villager mentions moving, don’t finish the conversation and exit to your home menu immediately.
The game won’t register that you talked to said villager and if you skip a day ahead, who wants to move will change.

KK Slider or special holidays will reset this though, making no one want to move that day, so it may take a few tries.

okay :>

thanks very much :3

what about toy day? it's toy day tomorrow... i'm tting now to the next day & then back again, currently... to try to get either ketchup or jakey to want to move... it was blaire who wanted to move today... i don't want that

edit at 4:18 pm: next to poppy... i also don't want that...

Last edited:
Going forward 15 days will usually result in someon having a tohught bubble(30 days gives you the highest percent chance). Not all thought bubbles are requests to move out fyi. Somone told me this method that works well: Go forward 15 days as prevously mentioned. If no move out bubble go forward 1 more day. if still no bubble go back to orginal day and someone will have a bubble. Can't guarantee it will be the right villager but this has worked for me. Good luck

Going forward 15 days will usually result in someone having a thought bubble(30 days gives you the highest percent chance). Not all thought bubbles are requests to move out fyi. Somone told me this method that works well: Go forward 15 days as prevously mentioned. If no move out bubble, go forward 1 more day. if still no bubble, go back to original day and someone will have a bubble. Can't guarantee it will be the right villager but this has worked for me. Good luck

thankyou :3 i'll keep trying :>

really want jakey & ketchup out, though.... i want erik & bunnie :>

Last edited:
ketchup just asked to move out... & i let her :>

can i go look for bunnie right away? or do i have to wait? :unsure:

& i heard that if the day changes the following day from today, you change the day back to the day that they moved out on, the plot won't autofill yet... :>

edit at 3:50 pm: never mind, i found out on reddit that '' the next day your villager will be "in boxes" and the day after theyll leave and the plot will be empty! you can go hunting then :) ''

is that right? :>

Last edited:
Back