MMORPG's

You should play RuneScape. It's still going strong, got an excellent community, and well it's just really fun. ^^ World of Warcraft is another excellent MMORPG available for free on Steam. There's Guild Wars 2 and TERA, but I've never played them and they are paid so I really can't say for myself, but they've got some excellent reviews.

If you're an Elder Scrolls or Final Fantasy Fan, you could go for Elder Scrolls online or Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. C:

You could also go for something like Club Penguin but they're mostly for kids, so you might not enjoy it as much. :)

Last edited:
For anime styled ones, the only good example I can think of is Final Fantasy XIV:A Realm Reborn. It's one of the few MMO's I put a lot of time into (along with World of Warcraft and Guild Wars). It was good enough for me to pay a subscription for at least.

Aside from that, I've only really dabbled a little in F2P MMO's and didn't get very into them. FlyFF and Perfect World are pretty much the only two I can really think of, though I can't say what they're like these days and I think they were heavily pay to win. Maple Story was kinda fun as well.

If the anime style isn't too important and you don't like the thought of a subscription, maybe try Guild Wars or Guild Wars 2. You just buy the game and that's it, it's otherwise free to play.

World of Warcraft is another excellent MMORPG available for free on Steam.

Wait...What?

What you're looking for is Blade and Soul.

It's not out yet, but it will be in a month or so.

It is extremely anime.

Wow, this post is full of misinformation...
First of all Runescape isn't an anime style MMORPG at all and frankly it's kind of ugly (but also fun!).
Club Penguin is a game for 8 year olds and it's not an MMO.
Elder Scrolls Online is not an anime style MMO either but it's very good.
World of Warcraft is NOT free and it's not anime either.
What you're looking for is probably Tera and Blade and Soul (which isn't out yet), maaaybe Aion. Good luck!

Spiral Knights isn't anime, per se, but the player characters have a cute chibi style, and you can have adorable little pets, like an angel kitty that shoots lasers, or a little dragon.

They've probably added more, since I haven't played in a couple of years, but I remember it being very good. The combat was addictive, the character designs were adorable, and you had the option of taking things on solo or with a group. You didn't have to do it one way or the other.

Okay, crap, I had Path of Exile in mind while typing out WoW. I'm so sorry for the misinformation.

It's a game by Blizzard, and well, it's free, but the free version has its limitations; so it's essentially like a trial. Check out this page on the official site for more info on that.

Squidward: I wasn't really talking about any anime like MMOs, just some great ones in general.

Last edited:
If you ever decide to purchase and want something very much like Tera but, supposedly much better with beautiful graphics and fantastic battle mechanics well a game called Black Desert is coming out early-mid next year, I am definitely on the lookout for the release : ) A friend told me about this one^^ I think you only need to buy the game and you can play as much as you want aside from the extra content you'll be able to purchase.

Personally haven't played any of these but here's a link with some good infor on various games, maybe one catches your eye? o-o Linky

ANGELS ONLINE
59 Reviews
Angels Online is a free to play 2D Fantasy MMORPG with great anime style graphics and lots of classes. Players can fight for 1 of 4 realms in Angels Online. They are Aurora, Beast, Steel and.
AION: ASCENSION
255 Reviews
Aion: Ascension is a free to play visually stunning 3D MMORPG where your character wields devastating powers and sweeping wings to explore a celestial world of breath-taking beauty and epic

A Dragon Ball Z game came out recently. Xenoverse. It's MMO style. You make your own character, play through the story, and play online with other people, if your xbox has internet access. If you like DBZ, it could be fun to become part of that universe.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, and MapleStory. It looks anime-ish, and is free to play. There's some stuff you CAN pay for, but you don't have to. The art style looks like chibi pixel art, and it's a combat and quest system. I found it fun when I played.

Be careful, though. Some games such as Aion and Tera online have two separate publishers for NA and EU.
Gameforge = Aion EU*, Tera EU
En Masse = Tera NA
NCsoft = Aion NA

*Aion EU - Whether this game is free to play or not is very debatable. Some fanboys say it's free to play but anyone with the right mind will notice it's not, the limitations are so high if you don't buy the monthly goldpack (purchasable ingame via broker too) and it just drives too many people away. Also Gameforge just sucks as a company in general.

Last edited:
my friend's played this game called fiesta online and they're like little chibi looking characters. i never got into it because the dynamics were so different from world of warcraft, which i played heavily at the time, but it looked super cute.

Back