• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Migraine help?

mayor-of-ivyvale

♀ pastel pink life ♀
Bells
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Cherry (Fruit)
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Cake
I get these migraines all the time that rarely respond to over the counter meds (sometimes Excedrin helps but times like today I've taken 2 rounds and it's still just as bad as when it started). I've been laying in a dark room trying to be as still as possible but that isn't helping at all either. Any other things I can try? It's beginning to make me feel nauseous ugh. :(

Edit: i realize I should probably see a doctor after thinking about it but it's 10 at night here so that's not really an option right now lol

Last edited:
Well, like you said, you should see a doctor. They will be able to help you better than we can.

If they're getting worse and/or they're persistent, I'd be worried.

Aww I'm sorry migraines suck! Not exactly sure what would help, maybe try advil? Hope you feel better soon!

I'd definitely recommend seeing a doctor if you have chronic migraines, but definitely try this in the meantime. I get occasional migraines as well and have never had any luck with migraine specific pain relievers, but this method followed by lying down in a dark room always makes a world of difference for me.

Last edited:
I'd definitely recommend seeing a doctor if you have chronic migraines, but definitely try this in the meantime. I get occasional migraines as well and have never had any luck with migraine specific pain relievers, but this method followed by lying down in a dark room always makes a world of difference for me.

I forgot all about the feet in hot water and ice pack remedy! I'll try this asap, thank you!

Maybe try acupuncture or massage therapy; have you tried to drink lots of water? I find it to be a solution to most things or situations. I also sleep it off and usually that helps sometimes. But minor factors like cold weather, diet, and stress could also be triggering it more

it's such a bummer to get migraines - I know sometimes they can be debilitating. you should see a doctor so they can do some blood work. you can try having some tea or coffee - the caffeine helps by constricting your blood vessels. You can also try a natural remedy like peppermint oil, I've used it a few times - I just rub about 2 drops on my forehead and it's helped with headaches. good luck, I hope you figure out what's going on soon

Don't panic, but if it gets really bad, go to the ER/hospital. They can give you this mixture of different medicines that literally knock it out. It's fantastic.

If you can't, the doctor's office should have similar supplies.

This is just from me who went to the ER and got that same thing done and stuff. Do see a neurologist tho.

Yo, please read with caution but here’s my true and personal story for what it’s worth because I wish I’d known sooner and could have saved myself some hellish suffering... I actually went to the doctor for migraines, a lot of doctors because I suffered for years, had real actual pain meds for migraines that did nothing but make me sick to my stomach and when you can’t even move because the pain is so bad, throwing up is no freaking fun, the ONLY thing that ever helped was IF I could fall asleep then hours later I might be able to move around like a feeble invalid but here’s the thing that saved me - some random person said once that it sounded like a sinus headache and I was like yeah, right because no bona fide professional had EVER suggested something so well, obvious and guess what? It was and Advil cold and sinus that you get over the counter but through the pharmacy changed my life. It turns out I’m a walking talking barometer, I know when the weather is changing just by the way my head feels. Thank God that stuff is legal because I couldn’t live without it. But you might be totally different, I just thought I’d mention it in case you wanted to give it a shot. Best wishes, I hope you find relief!

Oops, didn’t realize thread was so old, ah, well

Last edited:
Yo, please read with caution but here’s my true and personal story for what it’s worth because I wish I’d known sooner and could have saved myself some hellish suffering... I actually went to the doctor for migraines, a lot of doctors because I suffered for years, had real actual pain meds for migraines that did nothing but make me sick to my stomach and when you can’t even move because the pain is so bad, throwing up is no freaking fun, the ONLY thing that ever helped was IF I could fall asleep then hours later I might be able to move around like a feeble invalid but here’s the thing that saved me - some random person said once that it sounded like a sinus headache and I was like yeah, right because no bona fide professional had EVER suggested something so well, obvious and guess what? It was and Advil cold and sinus that you get over the counter but through the pharmacy changed my life. It turns out I’m a walking talking barometer, I know when the weather is changing just by the way my head feels. Thank God that stuff is legal because I couldn’t live without it. But you might be totally different, I just thought I’d mention it in case you wanted to give it a shot. Best wishes, I hope you find relief!
Truth. Sinus pressure/pain causes painful migraines for me, my mom and other people I know. It’s gotten bad to the point where it triggered a panic attack and I vomited (I also get motion sickness so that’s great huh).

The OTC stuff doesn’t do much if it’s really bad and I even got prescribed a decongestant to take as needed in addition to a nasal spray.

Back