• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

LGBTQA - Discussion and support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I understand that there are bisexual identified people who like women and nb people. I think my problem is that I'm not particularly comfortable with calling myself bi (this isn't an insult to bi people, I just feel that the label doesn't fit me personally) and that, like I said, I don't exactly seek out non-binary people the way I do with women, if that makes any sense. I guess it'd be better to say that I am open to but not looking for a relationship with an nb person, should I ever develop feelings for them.

But thanks! It's more helpful to discuss things like this with others, haha.

yeah i totally understand what you mean, i have a similar 'dilemma', for want of a better word, i guess i mainly prefer to not identify as bisexual because the general assumption (primary by heterosexual people) is that a bisexual likes just women and men. plus, it just doesn't quite fit me anyway.

Really cool you say this because I guess this can be open for discussion too; anytime girls get their hair cut short people use lesbians as insults, which makes me really angry that they're being use as insults.
That's why I'm scared of getting my hair cut short. I live in a super homophobic area, and if you have a pixie cut you're considered a lesbian and if you're a lesbian people will probably hate you. I'm not a lesbian (I'm actually transgender and I hate my long hair) and I don't want anyone to suspect anything. Especially my mom. Just today she called a girl with a bob (not even a pixie cut) a lesbian, just because of her hair. And she's one of the most homophobic people I know. She laughed at a story she read online about people having a straight pride parade mocking gay pride.

Sexual labels are so overused and overrated. You don't need a label to define you. You are who are and who you like.

i came out properly to my mum today and it was weird, at least she's supportive and nothing is awkward between us! i just had to explain a lot about the lgbtqa+ community and non binary issues but it wasn't as bad as i thought it might be

i came out properly to my mum today and it was weird, at least she's supportive and nothing is awkward between us! i just had to explain a lot about the lgbtqa+ community and non binary issues but it wasn't as bad as i thought it might be

congrats!

Bumping because I found a tutorial on how to make a binder from a camisole for the person who was asking, or anybody else who's looking for a cheap/discreet way to bind.

If this doesn't work, I'll look into some other ways.

Really cool you say this because I guess this can be open for discussion too; anytime girls get their hair cut short people use lesbians as insults, which makes me really angry that they're being use as insults.

This. I'm surrounded by homophobes on a day to day basis, my father included, and once I went pixie, all hell broke loose. I go to a very high end Christian private school, and a few years ago every single one of my peers (even young kids and older students) were calling me a lesbian and creating rumors that me and my friend were gay. I didn't take offense to being called gay, (I am a straight female), but it did make me mad that they were throwing around LGBTQA terms as insults.

I met a younger girl at band camp a few days ago, (She's questioning her sexuality currently, and dealing with extremely strict and religious parents) and her mom almost had her block me on Facebook because of my short hair. Her reasoning? "She looks like a lesbian honey. I don't want you hanging out with those people." The girl even showed her mother PICTURES of me with my boyfriend, but it didn't do any good. But, once the mom in question found out that I cut my hair to support my mother who was going through chemo, she shut up and now wants to be my best friend and wants me to be a 'role model' for her daughter. Ridiculous.

This. I'm surrounded by homophobes on a day to day basis, my father included, and once I went pixie, all hell broke loose. I go to a very high end Christian private school, and a few years ago every single one of my peers (even young kids and older students) were calling me a lesbian and creating rumors that me and my friend were gay. I didn't take offense to being called gay, (I am a straight female), but it did make me mad that they were throwing around LGBTQA terms as insults.

I met a younger girl at band camp a few days ago, (She's questioning her sexuality currently, and dealing with extremely strict and religious parents) and her mom almost had her block me on Facebook because of my short hair. Her reasoning? "She looks like a lesbian honey. I don't want you hanging out with those people." The girl even showed her mother PICTURES of me with my boyfriend, but it didn't do any good. But, once the mom in question found out that I cut my hair to support my mother who was going through chemo, she shut up and now wants to be my best friend and wants me to be a 'role model' for her daughter. Ridiculous.

If they make fun of your hair and call you lesbian, then they're not really good at being Christians are they?

Bumping because I found a tutorial on how to make a binder from a camisole for the person who was asking, or anybody else who's looking for a cheap/discreet way to bind.

This is really helpful, thanks for the link.

If they make fun of your hair and call you lesbian, then they're not really good at being Christians are they?

That's the irony of going to a Christian school, my friend. Everyone here wants to believe they're blameless and doing what's "right for God," but then they turn around and judge other people and hate everyone who doesn't agree with their beliefs. (Which, ironically, goes against the Bible.)

Not that I'm grouping every single Christian on planet earth together, or trying to insult Christianity or religion in any way. I'm a Christian myself, but my views are drastically different than the other Christians I have met. I.E., supporting gay rights, ect.

This is really helpful, thanks for the link.

No problem. I've seen some bustier people comment that it works well with a sports bra, so if it doesn't get as flat as you'd like, I guess you can try that. I'll keep looking for some other methods, too.

That's the irony of going to a Christian school, my friend. Everyone here wants to believe they're blameless and doing what's "right for God," but then they turn around and judge other people and hate everyone who doesn't agree with their beliefs. (Which, ironically, goes against the Bible.)

Not that I'm grouping every single Christian on planet earth together, or trying to insult Christianity or religion in any way. I'm a Christian myself, but my views are drastically different than the other Christians I have met. I.E., supporting gay rights, ect.

Okok I have a funny story about this.
So I went to catholic school for like 8 years.
And the only thing we were ever taught about the MOGAI community is that "You should respect everyone".
But I guess none of my classmates heard that because they all went on to be raging homophobes.
The end.

Last edited:

I just tried this (just came to terms with being a trans guy) and holy guacamole it works! Thank you so much for sharing!

I thought I was the only one.
---

Anyways I am really upset with my mother right now.

I told her I was bi.
She was like nah your not a "gay."
I said yea I am.
She then asked me if some girls make me feel the way some guys do,
I was like yeah.
She was clam cool and acted like she did not care.
She told me not to act on those feeling for females
I wanted to tell at her and be like ***** I wanna love is love.
But I said suure mommy.
Did I handle this correctly?? I am kinda feeling hurt..
Not to mention that I was talking to one of my BFFs the other day, saying if I was bi or lesbian would we still be friends? She told me no. I thought I was going to cry. She asked me if I was just "messing" around I lied and said yes. I don't wanna lose my friends. {I asked all of them} but one of my other friends Maggie. Is bi herself. I have the biggest crush on her ; u ; she would be my only friend if I told them. I think it's best to live in a lie at this point.. :( What should I do..

I thought I was the only one.
---

Anyways I am really upset with my mother right now.

I told her I was bi.
She was like nah your not a "gay."
I said yea I am.
She then asked me if some girls make me feel the way some guys do,
I was like yeah.
She was clam cool and acted like she did not care.
She told me not to act on those feeling for females
I wanted to tell at her and be like ***** I wanna love is love.
But I said suure mommy.
Did I handle this correctly?? I am kinda feeling hurt..
Not to mention that I was talking to one of my BFFs the other day, saying if I was bi or lesbian would we still be friends? She told me no. I thought I was going to cry. She asked me if I was just "messing" around I lied and said yes. I don't wanna lose my friends. {I asked all of them} but one of my other friends Maggie. Is bi herself. I have the biggest crush on her ; u ; she would be my only friend if I told them. I think it's best to live in a lie at this point.. :( What should I do..

I would be honest. It's not worth lying to satisfy others while you just feel guilty. There's no need to mask who you really are.
If you ever need someone to talk to, PM me. This potato is always around to help.

To Luckypinch;

I can of course only speak for myself, but if my friends told me they had a problem with my sexuality (I'm also bi), I would just ask them to f*** off and never speak to them again. I haven't told anyone (except strangers online lol) about my sexuality, and I also fear that if I tell my closest friends, they might not accept it since they are pretty homophobic. I will probably tell them one day, and if they don't accept me for who I am, I will 'break up' with them.

Because if they don't accept you for who you are, are they really such good friends?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back