• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Is there an amiibo queue limit? (Did inviting amiibo from the campsite change? (Maybe Sanrio are different?)

kiwikenobi

GONE FROM TBT
Bells
I'm pretty sure I used to be able to have amiibo villagers pre-done with three visits/gifts so that I could easily invite them on a later day when I wanted them. That is to say, I could invite them on three separate, non-consecutive days, give them the item they requested each time, and then get to invite them on the third day. I thought I could have multiple villagers ready to invite any any given time, if I invited and gifted them in advance.

So, first, I scanned in the Sanrio villagers once, one day at a time, and gave them each a gift. On the seventh day, after all six of them had one gift, I gave a second gift to Étoile. And on the eighth day, I gave Étoile a third gift. And she said that she didn't feel ready to move in yet. On the ninth day, I gave her a fourth gift, and then she moved in.

Are Sanrio villagers different from regular amiibo villagers? Do their visits need to be uninterrupted by other amiibo? Did the Sanrio update change how amiibo inviting works? Was I just mistaken this whole time and it never worked like that? ^o^;>

[UPDATE: New information suggests that there is a limit on amiibo campsite visits saved in the game's memory; something less than 6, which is the number of Sanrio amiibo. Still looking for solid information on this.]

Last edited:
I've not tried it out of order like you have, but I know when done consecutively all amiibo including sanrio only need 3 visits.

Have you done non-consecutive days with regular amiibo cards? I never have, so I don't know if there's a difference. I invited Toby after 3 consecutive days.

Yes, I'm pretty sure that I prepared many amiibo in advance, so that, when I wanted to move one in, all I had to do was scan it, and they would accept my invitation to move to my island right away, without asking for a souvenir first. The days never had to be consecutive before. I could scan one on one day, and another the next day, and then scan the first one again for two days, and they would move in on their third visit.

But now that the Sanrio ones are behaving differently from what I remember other amiibo being like, it's making me question my memory. ^o^;>

I just invited Chrissy and Francine to my island (who I had invited to the campsite previously) and for Chrissy I just needed to fulfill 2 days requests and Francine 3. But I don't remember if I ever completed the diy for Francine before... so I believe it still works? Haven't tried with the Sanrio characters.

I had to do another three days in a row to get Marty, even though I know for a fact that I gave him one gift last week. I took screenshots because I thought his reaction to the first gift was cute. So I gave him four gifts total before he agreed to move in. I'm still very confident that I was able to pre-gift/visit amiibo on non-consecutive days, with other amiibo in between, and they would only need three visits/gifts total to agree to move in.

So, now, I'm just wondering if the Sanrio update changed all amiibo to either need four gifts or have the three gifts be on consecutive days, or if just the Sanrio villagers are different. I haven't tested any non-Sanrio amiibo yet, so if anyone has tried that, I'd be curious to know if they still work like they used to.

I haven't done a non-consecutive amiibo invite before, but I do know that on the second day I invite them, they usually have some dialogue about wanting to come back and hinting at the player to invite them back again, which is the hint that next time they will say yes. Do you remember that dialogue for either of them?

I hope it hasn't changed....

I regularly have 1 of each personality scanned in at 2 visits each so that I can just move them in whenever I want them to. Mine have been non consecutive all the time obviously.

Actually I just realized when I ran past Stella's house...I can tell you for regular S1-4/WA amiibo you don't need consecutive visits. I forgot I had Stella in reserve (so 2 visits from a while ago) that I moved in via 3rd visit yesterday.

Good to know, so perhaps it's just Sanrio amiibo that are different. Or maybe just their first visit is different and doesn't count or something, since it unlocks their items in the shopping app (unless you scanned them at Harv's island, which I didn't know you could do until after I'd already scanned each of them in over six days).

You know what, I'm actually going to try this right now with Monique. I've had her scanned twice now out of order, so I'll try a third time. Consider this a placeholder post.

Edit: Monique still prompts me to move in on my third campsite visit. I'm not sure if the Sanrio cards are intentionally different or if this is just a funky bug with the villagers being so new.

Last edited:
I was on voice with my friend today while he was trying to get Cherry to move into his town. On the third visit she refused to move into his town.

Odd. I really can't tell if things have changed or not. But something unusual seems to be going on. I'm done inviting amiibo for now, so I won't be testing it anymore. But I'm curious to hear about other people's experiences with amiibo since the Sanrio update may or may not have changed things.

I got Marty's photo a few days ago, so I decided to move in Rilla to get hers, since I plan to get all six Sanrio photos. I'd scanned each Sanrio amiibo once when the update first came out, and made them a gift, so that I would have given them one each to make moving them in faster later on. But after what happened with the first two Sanrio I moved in, I assumed that I'd have to scan Rilla three times and give her three more gifts--four total--for her to move in.

But she moved in the third time I scanned her total! I scanned her once back in March, and then yesterday and the day before. Only two consecutive days, but three times total, the way that other amiibo have always worked.

I'm so confused. I know for a fact that I had to give Étoile and Marty four gifts total, and I assumed it was because I didn't scan them in on consecutive days. But I scanned and gifted Rilla once last month. And then yesterday and the day before I scanned her and gifted her, and she let me invite her yesterday.

Was there another, smaller update since the Sanrio update that could have changed this so that the three days don't have to be consecutive? I honestly don't remember. I hadn't scanned an amiibo again since I invited Marty until I started inviting Rilla over the last couple days.

I got Marty's photo a few days ago, so I decided to move in Rilla to get hers, since I plan to get all six Sanrio photos. I'd scanned each Sanrio amiibo once when the update first came out, and made them a gift, so that I would have given them one each to make moving them in faster later on. But after what happened with the first two Sanrio I moved in, I assumed that I'd have to scan Rilla three times and give her three more gifts--four total--for her to move in.

But she moved in the third time I scanned her total! I scanned her once back in March, and then yesterday and the day before. Only two consecutive days, but three times total, the way that other amiibo have always worked.

I'm so confused. I know for a fact that I had to give Étoile and Marty four gifts total, and I assumed it was because I didn't scan them in on consecutive days. But I scanned and gifted Rilla once last month. And then yesterday and the day before I scanned her and gifted her, and she let me invite her yesterday.

Was there another, smaller update since the Sanrio update that could have changed this so that the three days don't have to be consecutive? I honestly don't remember. I hadn't scanned an amiibo again since I invited Marty until I started inviting Rilla over the last couple days.
I can't vouch for the Sanrio, because you freaked me out when you first posted this so I've only been moving them in consecutively lol

The only time I've had villagers 'forget' that they've been to my campsite was when I was overdoing it...ie. I just constantly scanned in amiibo twice so I could have anyone I wanted in reserve. This seems to be OK as long as it's either (I haven't tested which option caused the problem) 1 of each personality type or 8 total. I have a feeling if you have more than 8 scanned in twice the game will bump out the oldest one.

When I disovered this, I had scanned Kitt in twice, then moved on for a while. Then I received a Daisy card and wanted her immediately, so I moved Daisy in with 3 consecutive scans...Daisy would've been my 9th scan in here for those keeping track. When I then decided I wanted Kitt too, she had forgotten that I'd ever invited her at all, and I had to scan her in 3 more times...and this was before the Sanrio update.
So like I said, the game either makes accommodation for 1x scan of each personality type OR X number of villagers period.

Hmm... That would make sense, actually. Otherwise the game would potentially have to remember the campsite visits of almost five hundred amiibo villagers at once. The number it actually keeps track of might be four.

From what I understand, the moving in and out "voids" can hold four villagers each. The game might only keep track of the last four amiibo you've invited to the campsite. Marty and Étoile were the first two Sanrio ones that I scanned because I wanted their furniture the most. Rilla was the last because I wanted her furniture the least. So, Marty and Étoile might have reset their visits to zero after I scanned in my fifth and sixth Sanrio amiibo, but Rilla's one visit would have been preserved because I didn't scan four more after her, only Marty and Étoile again (three times each) to invite them.

So, now my new question is: does anyone know how many amiibo camper visits the game keeps track of at once? Is it four? I assume only someone who knows how to look at the game's code would know this. But I don't know how to do that, so I don't know. ^o^;>

I've never tried non consecutive days to move in a villager but I recently had a weird situation trying to move in Beau. I invited him on 3 consecutive days and gave him the requested gift each time and asked him to move, etc. After the third gift, I never got the prompt to ask him to move in even though I talked to him numerous times. I had to invite him back a fourth time, give another gift, and at that point, he agreed to move. Weird.

It doesnt change, I have all my Amiibo set on the second day, and more then six of them, so I only have one day to invite them. I cycle them in for people, so I always have them set. My experience so far, none of the amiibo days have changed, making sure to save is the most important.

You get the invite day, the second visit, then the third visit. All three you gotta make projects for, just the third day they want in.

Sometimes you gotta make sure you 100% save, since it doesnt auto save so you might need to do another day for that reason. Its happened to me before. But regardless, the amiibo will always be at the point you left it on. That can be one reason for a fourth day. I reccomend a proper save, and not just waiting on the wheel.

Also don't worry, theres no limit to how many amiibo you can have on a switch. Olivia has visited my island at least eight times now

Last edited:
I’m always extremely sure to save. I don’t time travel or close the game without saving, ever. That’s why this is so mysterious to me. I don’t think there’s a limit to the number of times you can have an individual amiibo villager move in. But I wonder if there’s a limit to how many can be prepped with visits already completed toward their invitation. If you’re 100% sure you have more than four amiibo with two visits saved on them, then the mystery has become even more mysterious. 🤔

I’m always extremely sure to save. I don’t time travel or close the game without saving, ever. That’s why this is so mysterious to me. I don’t think there’s a limit to the number of times you can have an individual amiibo villager move in. But I wonder if there’s a limit to how many can be prepped with visits already completed toward their invitation. If you’re 100% sure you have more than four amiibo with two visits saved on them, then the mystery has become even more mysterious. 🤔
Gotta admit that, that is pretty interesting. So, how many do you have prepped? Or want to have prepped? Maybe check your amiibo settings?

Back