• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Is there a secret for:

Well, there are methods that can help, but it's mostly all 'do all their requests and more, talk to them lots' and such.

What I've got is pretty much this:
-Talk to them as much as possible, at least five times every day you're on
-Talk to them at least once every week
-Do their requests, but go further; e.g. They ask for fruit, give them a perfect fruit; they ask for an ocean fish, give them a shark etc.
-Send them lots of letters
-Give them medicine if they're sick

I think that's pretty much it, there might be one or two things I'm missing though.

There's also the cheap way of time travelling to April Fool's Day, looking up a guide for that day (I could link you one if you need it) so you have all the correct answers, and talking to Blanca to start up the event. You can get everyone's picture, including Blanca's (her's is through the mail though) that way. That's not the true way through friendship, although you get it because you "know them well enough to know who the fake was".

I've only been able to get pictures from people on Easter, or being very good friends with them when they move out.

Something that also helps is giving the animal a good present for their birthday, plus make sure it's wrapped. Each animal has certain types of things they like, so if you give them one of those, it really improves friendship. They also like if you refurbish things. If you make them the seashell music box with their favorite song in it, that makes them very happy. I've gotten pictures before attached to letters the day after an animal's birthday as a result of giving them a good gift.

I've also gotten animal pictures the day after they moved out, attached to a letter, if the friendship level was high enough. This method is of course unreliable since you can't tel how high their friendship is.

I've gotten them from doing the day to day activities, talking to them, helping them out, and writing letters etc.
Then sometimes out of the blue you'll do a request for them (getting fruit, furniture etc.) and the reward will be their pic :)

I've gotten them from doing the day to day activities, talking to them, helping them out, and writing letters etc.
Then sometimes out of the blue you'll do a request for them (getting fruit, furniture etc.) and the reward will be their pic :)

^this exactly. I've also gotten villagers pics after giving them medicine. And just generally talking to them all the time.

I recently read that sometimes when they ping you and ask a certain question based on their personality, depending on your answer they'll give you their picture. But this is generally only when your friendship is high already.

I'm usually rewarded with a picture after I've delivered a package. I also try to give perfect fruit when they request a (regular) fruit. I don't give perfect fruit until we've been friends for a while, though. If you give one to a villager you don't know very well, they'll only give you a regular gift (like a shirt or furniture).

Back