• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Is tails dead? [In sonic 2] its not what it seems

Is tails dead?

• Yes

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bells
Winter Mittens
July Birthstone (Ruby)
January Birthstone (Garnet)
Cake
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Red Candy
Cake
Cake
Cake
Ive just played through sonic 2 again, and discovered the bad ending...
Boy is it creepy, but I dont know if its true. What do you think?

refrence:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ19n421nBc

Better Refrence:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HCQZOh2faww
Please note the part begins at 2:30

Best Opinion by far
I'm gonna have to say yes. The whole point of the game is to save Tails, and there's obviously a reason for Sonic to be saving Tails, right? Think about it. Why would Sonic be saving Tails? Why would Tails be in need of saving? Because something bad is going to happen to him otherwise, and that bad thing seems to be death. There's really no other explanation. It's very sinister, however. It's not the sort of thing you'd expect to see in a Sonic the Hedgehog game. I applaud the developers for putting it in, though. I mean, it would be even more sinister to think Sonic simply gave up trying to save his best friend, and that his best friend was just gonna be left waiting for the day Sonic would come to save him. It's very emotional. The developers are always taking risks like this, though. Remember E-102 Gamma? He killed his brothers, and then killed himself. Originally, the developers planned to make him shoot himself in the head, but they thought that would be too shocking, so they just made it appear as if he'd died in the explosion, although the truth is that he had the ability to recover, but the only way to free the bird inside him was to die, so he died.

Last edited:
I don't know the story behind this game, but that's what it seems to imply.

This game was so unforgiving, as I was one of the unfortunate ones who grew up with the Game Gear version.
It may be applied, but.....he's invincible, he can't die.

Actually was oretty scared at this. If you watched the second video from 2:30 it all adds up

- - - Post Merge - - -

This game was so unforgiving, as I was one of the unfortunate ones who grew up with the Game Gear version.
It may be applied, but.....he's invincible, he can't die.

I can relate... Lavender town... Emulator 2013 thats the day I was scared for the first time
Eh not really I just screamed

Last edited:
Actually was oretty scared at this. If you watched the second video from 2:30 it all adds up

- - - Post Merge - - -

I can relate... Lavender town... Emulator 2013 thats the day I was scared for the first time
Eh not really I just screamed
Lavender Town is gloomy for a happy game, but...it didn't scare me that much.
Granted I didn't play the first Gen until my Emulator High in 2007.
Also, K.K. Dirge is scarier than Lavender Town IMO.

I'm gonna have to say yes. The whole point of the game is to save Tails, and there's obviously a reason for Sonic to be saving Tails, right? Think about it. Why would Sonic be saving Tails? Why would Tails be in need of saving? Because something bad is going to happen to him otherwise, and that bad thing seems to be death. There's really no other explanation. It's very sinister, however. It's not the sort of thing you'd expect to see in a Sonic the Hedgehog game. I applaud the developers for putting it in, though. I mean, it would be even more sinister to think Sonic simply gave up trying to save his best friend, and that his best friend was just gonna be left waiting for the day Sonic would come to save him. It's very emotional. The developers are always taking risks like this, though. Remember E-102 Gamma? He killed his brothers, and then killed himself. Originally, the developers planned to make him shoot himself in the head, but they thought that would be too shocking, so they just made it appear as if he'd died in the explosion, although the truth is that he had the ability to recover, but the only way to free the bird inside him was to die, so he died.

You went deep man I respect that

Or just for arguments sake, maybe Tails isn't dead and it's just the bad ending. That's been done before, main character dies, or a series has a kill switch area that, if taking that route, would ruin that game's canon ending as well as any future game in the series. Bad endings aren't always considered canon. Especially if Tails is "dead", you need Tails in the future games. Unless of course Sonic 2 is suppose to be in the future from ALL other Sonic games, then you can kill whoever you want if it's suppose to be the end of it all anyway. *points to Legend of Zelda* Perfect example of games coming out in a "wrong order".
But unless that there's something that can totally dispel that then ok.

All I can say is.
However he actually dies in the ending, he got rekt hard.

Did you seriously just claim my opinion to be the best of all so far? I appreciate that.

Back