is it wrong to do nsfw art?

First, kinky.

Second, it's not wrong but it just depends on what you draw and where you post it. If you draw anything that is offensive or inappropriate to the majority of users in a community, then that could be something wrong in their eyes. If you share your NSFW work in a place that doesn't allowed, then that is also wrong.

Understand the community, know your limits. Beside that, nothing really wrong with drawing NSFW related content.

Last edited:
I don't think there's anything wrong with drawing NSFW art of original characters or fictional characters (as long as they're adults). But I do think it's wrong to draw NSFW art of real people (unless it's like....your partner/spouse asking you to draw them or something, then that's different), especially celebrities or people you don't know. I know real person slash is super popular, especially in music and TV/movie fandoms, but I'm just uncomfortable with the thought of someone drawing NSFW art of a real person without their permission. ?\_(ツ)_/?

I mean, it REALLY depends on the circumstances, like what the person in the first reply said; what you draw and where you post it. NSFW isn't inherently wrong; nudity was, and still is, a big and important part of art. However, the content of the art itself is really important. Obviously, minors, non-consenting-type situations and other stuff like that are never okay when it comes to NSFW art. Just remember that nudity and 18+ situations are a natural part of life! :)
lol "18+ situations"... i'm just trying to avoid saying something bad that'll get this post deleted lmao
also i love yous sig + avatar omg

Last edited:
I agree with what everyone's saying about the art needing to be of appropriate subjects and only added to certain places. I also think that some nsfw takes things a little too far though where it moves out of art and into just something completely inappropriate, which also only really belongs in certain places away from minors. I won't talk about that too much, but I'll just say that deviantart has a lot of "art" in those sections that are extremely disturbing to me - even as an adult. Some of that "artwork" seems a bit wrong to me honestly, even if it's completely fictional.
Talking about certain places being wrong, I definitely don't think this forum is the right place for nsfw art at all. Lots of minors are on the forums, and just pass through to look for animal crossing help, and having that sort of art (even with spoilers) could cause someone way too young to view something really inappropriate and/or disturbing for them.

I also think it's wrong to draw nsfw art of non-consenting real life people though, just because that crosses boundaries that no one deserves to have crossed. Even if someone is a celebrity or if they've done any sort of nudity on their own, I still think creating nsfw art/situations like that with them as the subject is a bit too far.

idk why it's kinky lol, it's art. depends on audience, and where it's posted. nothing wrong with it, some of my favorite art pieces are nsfw. just depends on how comfortable you are in both drawing and seeing, and also the audience. it's art after all.

Back