Is it possible for a villager that moved out to move back ?

manapua_

Bells
So, I set up an open plot a day too early for Genji to move in via Amiibo, and the following day the plot was randomly sold to Antonio.

Antonio just moved in today and he said he moved in straight from my friend's island (who visits my island a lot). When I told her, she said she actually really wanted him back and I honestly did not want Antonio LOL.

So is it possible for me to wait until he wants to move out/kick him out via Amiibo so she can take him back?

(And I can't kick him out with Genji, since I already used Genji to kick out Al 😑)

yes! renee (my starter) moved to my friends island, once she left there, actually moved into my island for the second time hah they can also appear on island tours too

Also curious, and adding to your question:
What about a villager that moved out but not to a friend's island? Can they potentially ever come back, and would they remember you?

I let Tipper move out. I later found her on a mystery island but she didn’t remember me. They only seem to remember you if they move to a friends island and back.

Ahhh thanks for the replies guys ! I'll try to let him move out gracefully so she can have him back LOL.

Also, do you guys know if the "I've moved out" glitch can still happen ? We're both kinda scared that if I send him back to her, she'll get glitched 😭

Ahhh thanks for the replies guys ! I'll try to let him move out gracefully so she can have him back LOL.

Also, do you guys know if the "I've moved out" glitch can still happen ? We're both kinda scared that if I send him back to her, she'll get glitched 😭
I’ve only sold villagers to other players but when I have the house is always empty and it says they moved out. I’ve never had an issue.

Also curious, and adding to your question:
What about a villager that moved out but not to a friend's island? Can they potentially ever come back, and would they remember you?

Villagers will retain their memories IF AND ONLY IF they are the very same villager that moved out. If not, then you're total strangers.

Last month, I had Gayle move out and sent into the void. Last week, during island tours, I met her again, but she doesn't know who I am.

Villagers will retain their memories IF AND ONLY IF they are the very same villager that moved out. If not, then you're total strangers.

Last month, I had Gayle move out and sent into the void. Last week, during island tours, I met her again, but she doesn't know who I am.

I figured as much... So they would only remember you if, say, your friend had them move and you took them back?

Thanks for the response!

Back