• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Is anyone else NOT preparing for the update?

In some ways I am preparing (stocking Nook Mile Tickets, Bells and other resources). However, I am not going to be changing my island to adhere to the update. Rather, I am going to find ways to fit the new features onto my existing island.
So I suppose I'm softly preparing, but not in the ways that you described.

Kinda

Before I stopped playing, I still had some things to do on my island (ironically, these "things" were basically some changes on the layout in case they eventually added The Roost as a standalone building, so I would be able to accommodate the new building without any problems).

But with so many new things coming with the update, I feel like I'm officially in "wait and see mode". I'll let the update drop and then I'll see what I'll do with the new items.

I prepared somewhat by ridding my island of excessive flowers. I plan on farming gyroids by the tonne so I've made sure that there's plenty of space for me to farm many of them.

In terms of decorating, I've left it since I finished it back in Feb, but I've been preparing by trying to accumulate Nook miles and bells!
I'm hoping I can work around what I've already got with the new items instead of completing redoing everything. I feel like I get attached too much to how certain areas look but I'm going to try lots of new things with all the new decorating options coming!

me! aside from working on my island entrance a bit (that’s not update-related, though lol), i’ve been playing the way i always do. i’ll probably do some preparing, like clearing some space to plant the new crops in, but that’s about it. :’)

The only preparation I've been doing is getting some Nook Miles. I didn't have a whole lot of them when I stopped playing my towns back in March, so now I'm trying to build up a decent amount of them to be able to afford some of the new Miles items coming out in the update. I have been changing up my town layouts a bit, but it isn't in preparation for the update, the update just gave me the motivation I needed to start working on my towns again.

I followed a data miner back in April 2020, and I've known about brewster + produce farming aspect for a long time. I've built my island with that in mind from the beginning, so I guess I'm not flattening/rebuilding/restarting my island in preparation for the update, but I also am (did)? I've got lots of empty space ._.

Don't want to spoil anything so I'll just say this: there might be another surprise coming that the dataminer found that wasn't shown in the direct.

I'm not rebuilding in prep, but I am planning a 2.0 update furniture catalog event. Gotta know what's out there before committing ya know? (link to new items catalog prep in my signature)

I'm not really doing much, I need to see everything first and make sure I don't miss anything else.

I did set aside a small-ish area for the crops and am saving my Bells just in case. I'm waiting for everything to come out before I do anything drastic though, so I can see my options and plan things out better.

I’m not. You don’t have to plan for the update. You’re not required to put two extra inclines or bridges. You can leave your island the same and take things as they come.

Haven't changed a single thing. I'll wait and see everything that's coming, then probably slowly update my island over time.

I'm not preparing, since a took a one year break, for now I just re-accommodate myself with the basics lol

But I know that after the update I will have tons of new things to do on my island. Just chilling for now and will wait to discover every new thing ingame.

Last edited:
I'm not! I'm too busy and I also want to have as much to do as possible once the update comes out, that way I can enjoy the game for longer :) I also haven't decided if I will even tear everything down or not!

Well, I couldn't resist lol

I just thought of changing something a little bit, now that I remembered that we'll have access to more stairways. It's more of a mobility/accessibility thing than anything else, but I think I may end up making more changes once the update drops.

Well.... I've restarted my island, but not necessarily in preparation for the update. I've wanted to reset for a long time for two main reasons....
1. I regretted the name I chose for my character
2. I wanted to experience the game again from the beginning.

The only reason I hadn't reset yet is because I didn't want to put in all the time and effort if there wasn't going to be a major update. My game felt pretty empty after the first couple of months, so I wanted to at least know more content was on the horizon. When they announced the direct I knew something big was coming so I went ahead and restarted. It's going to be a while before I'm ready to experience most of the update content, but I'm happy knowing it'll be there when I'm ready for it.

I'm not preparing either.

I just checked in the studio if my ideas with the partition wall would be possible in my house.
And I finally set a decent spot for the last resident's house that was on the beach. And in the meantime I took the opportunity to prepare a place to plant the new vegetables.

I'll do other changes once we have access to the new items

I went to restart and then decided I'm going to wait until the update is out, experience some of the new and then restart and see how different the early game is after a year and a half of updates has changed so much of the game.

As far as preparing goes. I'm just kind of finishing a lot of projects and work I've had hanging around me so that when the update drops that I can just spend the evening playing the game instead of trying to finish up work. Like real life work not in game work.

That's as far as I am going with 'preparing.'

Same LMAO but that's mainly because I restarted my island a few months ago and haven't done much designing at all. Asides from moving trees and flowers and putting up some cliffs, my island is mostly untouched. With 2.0 coming it's exciting to be starting fresh, so I'm definitely waiting to see what we have in store before deciding any major changes. I did a little bit of terraforming a few days ago but it's just putting up some cliffs, nothing big.

(I just realized but "untouched" as in I haven't done much to touch on my main plans for the island. The only designs on my island atm are from TBT designing events and I'm obviously removing them once I start actually working on my island LOL)

I still haven't built much because I suck at working with 3D spaces and some of my ideas relied on old furniture we didn't get, so I'm "preparing" in the sense that I can now start thinking about how to implement my original ideas.

And I'll rework the town a little bit because I booted Raymond off the dreamie list for Shino, as well as maybe add another player character, but that's relatively unrelated to the DLC.

In short, I don't remove/restart anything because there is nothing yet. :p

Back