White Rose
Leif
Shadow Kitty Plush
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
Red Super Star Trophy
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
Hello. :) I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but if it isn't, my apologies. I was wondering if there is anyone that could list the furniture that would be good at making a medieval themed kitchen? Any additional suggestions would be welcome too. Here are some screenshots to give you an idea what I'm looking for:
This one is from pcinvasion.com:
dragon-age-skyhold14-1024x576.png
Sorry that it's so large.
This next one is from visihow.com: 600px-DAI_Kitchen.jpg

If anyone else needs help with their own interior design, feel free to post here. :)

That's not "suckish." Don't put your designing down for that :p. I had a room just like that when I was working on getting 150,000 points for the HHA.
HNI_0095.JPG
I had the desk and table closest to the room on the right; the lamp closest to the room on the right; the couch was located on the right closest to the entrance or the left; the bookshelf was on the right or left of the clock on the left closest to the entrance. I'd recommend you to move your wardrobe against a wall; put your stereo on a table (you lose points for items that can be put on something that are left on the ground). Also, if something is blocking an item that can be interacted with but can't now because another item is there, you'll lose points for that.

How do I make this room less suckish?

View attachment 96297

I'm not 100% sure, but maybe rotate the ranch dresser so the back is against the wall. Also it's a little bare in the middle, so maybe you can add a Papa bear at one of the corners and then move some of the other furniture to the middle. I also think that the baby bed would look really cute closer or right under your regal bed, and then move the bear you have to the right. Just a suggestion, because in real life parents usually have the baby in another room, or right beside their beds. I dunno. :p

Also some flowers would be nice, either blue or white, to add some colour to your room, and they can look really cute.
Along the same lines, add some plants too. Like ones with white pots, bromeliaceae, corn plant and croton.
Maybe the lily record player or even a gold stereo (to make the yellow in the carpet).

Also items from the nursery: http://moridb.com/items/sets/nursery

Post photos if you change it! I'd love to see what you did! :)

Hello. :) I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but if it isn't, my apologies. I was wondering if there is anyone that could list the furniture that would be good at making a medieval themed kitchen? Any additional suggestions would be welcome too. Here are some screenshots to give you an idea what I'm looking for:
This one is from pcinvasion.com:
dragon-age-skyhold14-1024x576.png
Sorry that it's so large.
This next one is from visihow.com: View attachment 96287

If anyone else needs help with their own interior design, feel free to post here. :)

well, most definitely some wooden boxes!

How do I make this room less suckish?

View attachment 96297

Customize the sleek stereo purple. Maybe the mobile, and a music box. Also I'd bet 100$ you're playing Stale Cupcakes or K.K. Lullaby in that room.

As for the OP wooden boxes, potbelly stove, fireplace, clay furnace, veggie basket, kitchen wall rack would be a good start.

Thanks :); I'm trying to stay as historically accurate or as close to what technology Dragon Age showed that were being used in the game, but...I don't think there'll even be a kitchen without going outside of the medieval period. Anyways, that does help--thank you :). I wasn't sure about the clay furnace but I was looking at it and I guess it comes close to appearing like one of those medieval ovens :] (or maybe not, lol) so I'll make due with what I have since I don't have a lot of options. :p

Aww... A lot of the paintings that I wanted to use were painted in the 19th century, and one was about two hundred years past the medieval period. >< I wonder if I should use them regardless since this won't be 100% "historically accurate" (not to mention I'm basing this on video game rooms/designs).

Last edited:
Does anyone have any recommendation on furniture (preferably end tables, but coffee tables might work too) and wallpaper/flooring that could go well with Gorgeous furniture? My rooms are based on rooms in Dragon Age: Inquisition, some looser that others; so it's mostly medieval, but I mixed and matched some different types of furniture regardless of the "time period" or style. I didn't want all of the rooms to look the same and there was a limited amount of furniture that would go well with the theme.

room.jpg

Also, I know it shouldn't matter what others think, but since I have my town registered in Dream Suite, and I read some people's opinions that they'd prefer seeing rooms that use furniture from only one set (since they think it is boring); I wanted to try to mix and match my furniture more, while the colors still go (which has been impossible for me to do so far) and my rooms looking the way I want them to look with the type of furniture I need.

So, any suggestions would be appreciated. :)

The kitchen is almost complete now :); I'm just waiting on my order for a pot rack. Now, I'm struggling to find some good tables/end tables for two rooms.

For a medieval kitchen here's some things I'd recommend.
  • Potbelly stoves
  • A pot rack
  • Brown pots
  • Tea Tables (since you said you were looking for end tables these are my favorite go to small table)
  • Some wooden boxes
  • Sconces for lighting
  • Wooden stools around a cabin low table (or if you don't care about seating then use the picnic table instead)
  • Plate armor guys
  • Basement or stone wall
  • Basement floor

I think you can go with wooden or teak flooring. You can also use carpets and floor mats to decorate your house. Logo door mats are latest trending everywhere. You can try that to give new look to your house as well as medieval kitchen feeling.

Back