• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Splatoon Inkbrush

pokedude729

Cat King
Bells
Flower Glow Wand
Cherry (Fruit)
Pikachu Easter Egg
Pumpkin Cupcake
Ancient Candle
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Yellow Candy
I honestly don't see what the hype is all about with this thing. It has an extremely narrow range when sliding, and the ink splatter barely goes anywhere, even when mashing ZR.

Coild someone explain why they like it?

There isn't really much of a 'hype' for it really but some people enjoy using it, I'm one of them! At first I didn't like it but after a few matches I changed my mind, despite the narrow trail, it's more for speed/laying down a path for team mates to follow than covering ground with ink. The ink splatter has some range, you just have to keep moving and switching directions or find high ground to splatter from. If the sub and main weapons were different then I wouldn't be using it as much, the sprinkler and ink strike are really useful for covering ground which could make up for the narrow trail when running and small range when splatting.
I also favour the inkbrush because of its appearance and the way it attacks (I can't repeatedly smack other player's faces with any other weapon!)

I also favour the inkbrush because of its appearance and the way it attacks (I can't repeatedly smack other player's faces with any other weapon!)
Speaking of the way it attacks, even though it is not a favorite weapon of mine, I can appreciate how, even with the light damage, it can often feel overwhelming enough to send opposing players (especially new ones) into a panic. My brother likes to play this game, too, and he still gets shocked when I knock out an ambushing Inkbrush player at point-blank range even though that player smacked me repeatedly with the brush and I have no defense ability/sub-ability. It's simply because my damage is higher and I don't panic.

Last edited:
The Inkbrush is also a very handy weapon for Splat Zones. You can quickly get to a zone to claim it, faster than most anyone else playing. And it comes with sprinklers which are nice because they spread ink around, and can be attached to walls and other objects. I'd say it's very good for a person who likes being stealthy and speedy. But honestly, it's best for quick mashers, if you actually want to spread ink and/or splat people with it.

It's useful like roller on courses like port makeral because you don'tneed to hold down buttons like with rollers.
Also ink and brush, like paintbrush - why not?

The Inkbrush is pretty fast, from what I can tell I feel it's more for Splat Zones because you can get some surprise kills on someone. It's not the best for spreading ink across turf like the roller can, but it definitely helps to lay a path out for your team. You can also get away pretty quickly if someone is trying to splat you if you don't panic.

All of the hype was before it actually got released. Once people started to use it there was a lot of disappointment by the looks of it. Some people still really like it though, but there were probably a ton of people that were desperately waiting for it and don't use it because they thought it was better. I still think its a pretty good weapon, although most people that do use it seem to have bad coverage, or a bad K/D ratio. There are a few people that seem to get both parts right tho (Antlers) XD

The Inkbrush is a unique weapon because it is the only weapon you can button mash for max effect. It gives the guise of being a roller, but is much lighter and obviously more narrow. However, you can use both the narrow and the wide paint splattering to your advantage. The only issue I have with the brush is running out of ink can sometimes be way too easy. The sprinkler has got to use the most ink out of any R sub I have ever used. Either that or recovering ink after throwing one of those things is hard af.
I personally like it, but don't use it often because the best round I ever pulled with an Inkbrush was 1307. :*

Just got exactly 1,400 points with it. Sadly I was on the losing team, I would've freaked out seeing 1,700 points. XD (1 kill 1 death if anyone else is curious.)
But it's great when you know how to use it. I also started using Ink Resistance Up instead or Ninja Jump and it helps IMMENSELY.

Just got exactly 1,400 points with it. Sadly I was on the losing team, I would've freaked out seeing 1,700 points. XD (1 kill 1 death if anyone else is curious.)
But it's great when you know how to use it. I also started using Ink Resistance Up instead or Ninja Jump and it helps IMMENSELY.
Would running speed work well with it? I wonder how fast an ink brush would be with three running speed main abilities :3

Would running speed work well with it? I wonder how fast an ink brush would be with three running speed main abilities :3

It doesn't. :(

- - - Post Merge - - -

But it barely helps anyways, so you wouldn't be much faster if it did.

Eh, I never really thought the inkbrush was that good to begin with anyway, even before it actually got released, I didn't think it'd be anything special.

I still think it's pretty bad, but it's not as bad as I first thought. If you're a good user you can use it really well, and I see it as more of a support weapon/easy kill weapon as opposed to a weapon to spread ink.

Back